Why would Jesus let this happen ?

Old June 15th 10, 02:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Anton Berlin

Default Why would Jesus let this happen ?

I love the part "burned to the ground"

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_lightn...s_jesus_statue

Old June 15th 10, 02:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Betty[_2_]

Anton Berlin wrote:
I love the part "burned to the ground"
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_lightn...s_jesus_statue

The prime suspects are Muhammad or Thor although Muhammad would probably
have sent Tugboat dressed in a suicide vest instead of using lightning.

Old June 15th 10, 04:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Anton Berlin

This event should be, like Jesus, an inspiration for all Christians to
set themselves on fire also and follow the example set by 'Touchdown
Jesus' - it's clearly what god would want.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUZ3d...layer_embedded
Old June 15th 10, 05:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
B. Lafferty[_3_]

On 6/15/2010 11:55 AM, Anton Berlin wrote:
This event should be, like Jesus, an inspiration for all Christians to
set themselves on fire also and follow the example set by 'Touchdown
Jesus' - it's clearly what god would want.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUZ3d...layer_embedded

Dude, it would never happen to Buddie Jesus.
http://www.dogma-movie.com/pics/chur...ddychrist1.jpg
Old June 15th 10, 05:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Uncle Dave

On Jun 15, 4:55*pm, Anton Berlin wrote:
This event should be, like Jesus, an inspiration for all Christians to
set themselves on fire also and follow the example set by 'Touchdown
Jesus' - it's clearly what god would want.

No! It is a sign that we should not raise our arms to heaven but
rather should tape them to our bodies with duct tape. For is it not
written that the Lord spake unto Moses saying "oh, and another thing,
make sure you keep some duct tape handy at all times, now toddle off
and tell them about the not killing and stuff, for all the good it
will do." Or something like that. Mind you, I like your
interpretation too. Maybe we could combine them? OK, how about, It's
a sign that you should tape your arms to your body with duct tape and
walk along the Interstate?

UD
Old June 15th 10, 05:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
B. Lafferty[_3_]

On 6/15/2010 12:18 PM, Uncle Dave wrote:
On Jun 15, 4:55 pm, Anton wrote:
This event should be, like Jesus, an inspiration for all Christians to
set themselves on fire also and follow the example set by 'Touchdown
Jesus' - it's clearly what god would want.

No! It is a sign that we should not raise our arms to heaven but
rather should tape them to our bodies with duct tape. For is it not
written that the Lord spake unto Moses saying "oh, and another thing,
make sure you keep some duct tape handy at all times, now toddle off
and tell them about the not killing and stuff, for all the good it
will do." Or something like that. Mind you, I like your
interpretation too. Maybe we could combine them? OK, how about, It's
a sign that you should tape your arms to your body with duct tape and
walk along the Interstate?

UD

Another of the million uses for duct tape.
Old June 15th 10, 08:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
K. Fred Gauss[_3_]

On 06/15/2010 06:34 AM, Anton Berlin wrote:
I love the part "burned to the ground"

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_lightn...s_jesus_statue

"Some people were scooping up pieces of the statue's foam from the
nearby pond to take home with them, said church co-pastor Darlene Bishop."

Centuries from now, experts will examine religious relics to determine
whether they are composed of the "true" foam, or whether it's just part
of someone's old cooler.
Old June 15th 10, 09:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Anton Berlin

Centuries from now, experts will examine religious relics to determine
whether they are composed of the "true" foam, or whether it's just part
of someone's old cooler.

Classic !
Old June 16th 10, 12:33 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
K. Fred Gauss[_6_]

Anton Berlin wrote:
I love the part "burned to the ground"

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_lightn...s_jesus_statue

Jesus is a flaming ....
Old June 16th 10, 12:42 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
ronaldo_jeremiah

On Jun 15, 8:48*am, Betty wrote:
Anton Berlin wrote:
I love the part "burned to the ground"