recovery

Old March 22nd 07, 11:36 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Aeek

Default recovery

On 22 Mar 2007 02:17:51 GMT, Zebee Johnstone wrote:

I suspect the refuel might be the problem, but how much and when?

I don't want to over eat as trying to lose weight is part of the deal.
So I don't really know how much is enough, or what kind or when.

You need to refuel soon after exercise, your muscles are looking to
regenerate and, double whammy, they are a target for cannibalisation.
Also muscles are heavy, something to think about vs weight loss.

Milk is simple and measurable.
Old March 22nd 07, 12:59 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Dave

On Thu, 22 Mar 2007 02:19:33 +0000, Zebee Johnstone wrote:

I have to hit a couple of upwards bits very early on in the ride.
Upwards for me anyway! So taking it easy can be hard.

Your driveway's not that steep ya wuss!

More seriously, it sounds like it could bed a food thing. Chuck a muesli
bar or something in your ride gear so you've got something to eat if
you're feeling flat.

The other day I did a 50km round trip without any food and by the end I'd
run out of energy. Couldn't get my HR over about 120, doing about 5km/h.
Stopped at the shops and had a soft drink and was pushing 160bpm not too
long afterward. Of course, I hurt a bit afterward since I'd been pushing a
touch hard to get to the shops...

--
Dave Hughes |
"Coming to work with a faraway look and a really heavy gym bag starts to
Old March 22nd 07, 08:28 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Zebee Johnstone

In aus.bicycle on Thu, 22 Mar 2007 21:36:24 +1100
Aeek wrote:
On 22 Mar 2007 02:17:51 GMT, Zebee Johnstone wrote:

I don't want to over eat as trying to lose weight is part of the deal.
So I don't really know how much is enough, or what kind or when.

You need to refuel soon after exercise, your muscles are looking to
regenerate and, double whammy, they are a target for cannibalisation.
Also muscles are heavy, something to think about vs weight loss.

Milk is simple and measurable.

I usually have a home-made anzac biscuit, or a vegemite sandwich
straight after my shower.

Sometimes a bannana or apple.

But is it enough. I am usually fine the first day both going to work
and coming back. Then I rest a day by going to work on the
motorcycle, but on day 3 I have nowhere near the energy I have if I've
rested 2 days.

Zebee

'recovery days' - is it better to not ride at all? wle Techniques 8 June 23rd 05 12:59 AM
RR: BR44b Recovery ride DaveB Australia 6 April 25th 05 09:42 AM
Recovery Times Blair P. Houghton General 14 December 10th 04 04:15 AM
Recovery drinks Rick Roof Racing 20 September 18th 04 01:34 AM
Recovery Rides Simonb UK 11 July 20th 04 03:34 PM