Help finding a polar s720i cell!!!

Old October 21st 04, 11:44 PM
Tamyka Bell

Default Help finding a polar s720i cell!!!

DaveB wrote:

hippy wrote:
flyingdutch Wrote:

i got the watch battery replaced. shall look into the strap trade-in.
was only 2 years old

How do you know it's dead? Mine is older than that and they said it
was
fine (you send in the watch AND the strap and they check both).

hippy

I had a flat watch battery 3 months after getting it but it was fairly
obvious it was the watch and not the chest strap because the whole thing
stopped working. I only had it replaced at the local jewellers and found
there must be something special about replacing the batteries by the
authorised dealers because the warning beep outside the zone has never
worked since. After a day or so I found I preferred it that way, much
more peaceful.

DaveB

You can switch that on and off by holding down (I think) the two side
buttons at the same time. Have you tried?

I switch it off when I accidentally forget to change the zone setting.
Oops.

Old October 22nd 04, 12:23 AM
DaveB

Tamyka Bell wrote:

You can switch that on and off by holding down (I think) the two side
buttons at the same time. Have you tried?

I switch it off when I accidentally forget to change the zone setting.
Oops.

Yep have tried that in the past but the beep is definitely gone.

DaveB

Old October 22nd 04, 12:47 AM
hippy

"DaveB"
Tamyka Bell wrote:

You can switch that on and off by holding down (I think) the two side
buttons at the same time. Have you tried?

I switch it off when I accidentally forget to change the zone setting.
Oops.

Yep have tried that in the past but the beep is definitely gone.

I don't think I ever had a beep... sob

hippy ;-)

Old October 22nd 04, 06:30 AM
sambo76

Chest straps should last 2-3 reciever batteries. I have owned and used
polar HRM for 12 or so years and can tell you if you send strap with it
they will tell you its nearly dead and charge you for a new one. Watch
battery is easy to change as long as you seat the seal properly.
(screens tend to burn out around 3yr mark on previous models have only
had S series for 1yr so see if it lasts longer then previous models).

In NSW we have a shop called battery world who can order you a CR 2354
battery for $7. I always keep 2 spares now as I replace them for all my
training partners. If you need a battery and cannot get one let me know
and I will arrange one or more for you.

--
sambo76

Old October 22nd 04, 10:52 AM
Hitchy

sambo76 Wrote:
Chest straps should last 2-3 reciever batteries. I have owned and use
polar HRM for 12 or so years and can tell you if you send strap with i
they will tell you its nearly dead and charge you for a new one. Watc
battery is easy to change as long as you seat the seal properly
(screens tend to burn out around 3yr mark on previous models have onl
had S series for 1yr so see if it lasts longer then previous models)

In NSW we have a shop called battery world who can order you a CR 235
battery for $7. I always keep 2 spares now as I replace them for all m
training partners. If you need a battery and cannot get one let me kno
and I will arrange one or more for you.

G'day,

they must be making huge margins on these things......I cracked th
glass on my 720....(turned the bike upside down in the gravel while i
was still on the handlebars....d'oh)....all the readouts went fuzz
every time it got cold....sent it back for repair, gone a week, the
send back a new unit under warranty...no questions asked!....they eve
programmed all my settings into it....I love these people....but like
said...if they can afford to do that, they've gotta be making hug
margins,

hitch

--
Hitchy

Old October 22nd 04, 11:28 AM
flyingdutch

Hitchy Wrote:
G'day,

they must be making huge margins on these things......I cracked th
glass on my 720....(turned the bike upside down in the gravel while i
was still on the handlebars....d'oh)....all the readouts went fuzz
every time it got cold....sent it back for repair, gone a week, the
send back a new unit under warranty...no questions asked!....they eve
programmed all my settings into it....I love these people....but like
said...if they can afford to do that, they've gotta be making hug
margins,

hitchy

HITCHY!!!

where you been??

--
flyingdutch

Old October 23rd 04, 03:32 AM
Hitchy

flyingdutch Wrote:
HITCHY!!!

where you been???

G'day 'dutch,

Yeah been absent for awhile.......Hippy got me 'banned' from here
during 'business' hours!.....Work has this firewall thingo called 'web
marshall'....it s'posed to filter out undesirable sites......Hippy
posted some photo's one day under a thread called "bike Porn"......the
firewall cracked it with the 'Porn' bit & blocked access to the site
forever more. Of course I could go to the IT guru's & tell 'em it's not
actually 'porn'.....but as I'm s'posed to be working rather than talking
to you blokes......wadday reckon my chances are?.....Zip.....I'm over on
'Bikeforums' during business hours...a good bunch of Aussies over there
too...giving all the seppo's some serious grief!.....I cruise in here
sometimes at night to see what you guys are up to....but not being
'live' leaves me out of the loop abit...I swear I'm gunna come on one
of these BR's soon...sounds like alot of fun!....when you see Hippy
next...punch him for me!,

cheers,

Hitchy

--
Hitchy

Old October 23rd 04, 08:54 AM
flyingdutch

Hitchy Wrote:
G'day 'dutch,

I swear I'm gunna come on one of these BR's soon...sounds like alot o
fun!....when you see Hippy next...punch him for me!,

cheers,

Hitchy

You got that Look frame up and running yet?
Yes, do come to where the wild things are on the 'BRs'

As for hurting Hippy, you seen the size of him?
or his cat for that matter?
Speaking of Bike p0rn, just got back from the Bime Show and I a
(almost) all biked out!!! My head is spinning. Some great stuff yo
never see here (maybe soon tho?)

--
flyingdutch

Old October 23rd 04, 09:58 AM
cfsmtb

flyingdutch Wrote:
Speaking of Bike p0rn, just got back from the Bime Show and I a
(almost) all biked out!!! My head is spinning. Some great stuff yo
never see here (maybe soon tho?).

I can vouch for that, FD was looking quite dazed & confused at appro
4.55pm this arvo. Poor thing, it's all tooo much. :

--
cfsmtb

FS: Polar S720i 720, Brand New Not a Refurb. $230 G. Phillips Marketplace 0 November 30th 04 09:46 PM
FS: Polar S720I HRM Cyclocomputer Brand New G. Phillips Marketplace 0 November 18th 04 12:02 AM
Xpedia Polar S720i Paul UK 5 March 21st 04 09:23 PM
Polar S720i calorie measurement seems way off AMG Techniques 28 February 26th 04 03:45 PM