My Fingers Hurt

Old November 2nd 06, 07:13 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tommygrhcp

Default My Fingers Hurt

Ive got a KH24 and i do a fair bit of basic street (cos ive jus
started). stuff like jumpin up stairs and off ledges. i find that after
30 mins, my middle finger hurt where i pull up on the seat and for the
following day i get muscle strains in them. have i got the wrong
technique or do i jus need to ignore the pain and hope it goes as i
progress?!

--
tommygrhcp
tommygrhcp's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13471

Old November 2nd 06, 07:16 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jerrick

Your muscle will get stronger, and you will get used to it.

I had the same thing happen, and it would bruise up after a while, now
it doesnt do it anymore.

Your just using and putting force onto a section of muscle in a way you
probably have never done before. It goes away quickly. =p

--
Jerrick

~*~!I ride for Christ, Fun, Challenges, and a lot
more!~*~
'!Gallery!' (http://tinyurl.com/gf2g9)
'!MRIS!' (http://tinyurl.com/jjjnz)
'Easy Tire Removal Guide.' (http://tinyurl.com/rd9ru)
My sponsor '~!SIXSIXONE!~' (http://sixsixone.com/) KH Funds =
$50/$499

Old November 2nd 06, 08:17 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Borgschulze

I had this problem the first week or two of riding... since then my
fingers never hurt.

--
Borgschulze

Spare some change for a new unicycle?
Borgschulze's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13501

Old November 2nd 06, 09:42 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
onetrack

you're fingers hurt? Well now your back is gonna hurt, cause you just
pulled landscaping duty. Anyone else's fingers hurt?

--
onetrack

"People over here have a dangerous habit of adding quotes to signature
lines."
-Klaas Bil

I pulled a sick trey varial hickflip over an 8 set yesterday, but
unfortunately it was supposed to be seat in to seat out. I've named it
the dioflip
onetrack's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6374

Old November 2nd 06, 09:43 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
musketman

onetrack wrote:
you're fingers hurt? Well now your back is gonna hurt, cause you just
pulled landscaping duty. Anyone else's fingers hurt?

OMG! I was just going to say the same thing! Happy Gilmore is a great
movie!

--
musketman

MUSKETMAN
www.unicycle.com

For Sale: Parachute, only used once, never opened, small stain
musketman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9214

Old November 2nd 06, 09:51 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unisteez

onetrack wrote:
you're fingers hurt? Well now your back is gonna hurt, cause you just
pulled landscaping duty. Anyone else's fingers hurt?

haha good stuff..

yea you will get used to it for sure.
also, i dunno about anyone else, but i have some weird callouses on my
fingers from uni.

--
unisteez

If trees could scream would we be so cavalier about cutting them down?
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.
-Jack Handy
unisteez's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11988

Old November 2nd 06, 10:03 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
maximus unius

I get blisters on my hand all the time, even though I use gloves.

--
maximus unius

Originally Posted by *Brian MacKenzie*
Have you tried rubbing your nipples with grease before twisting them so
tightly?

maximus unius's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13699

Old November 2nd 06, 10:24 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
kington99

Which KH24? The early ones ('03 '04 - the black ones) had the original
handles which always used to cause me blisters and brusies, the later
saddles have fins under the handle which make them much more
comfortable. Might be worth upgrading for $10 or so if that's the case.

--
kington99

Dave

Old November 3rd 06, 01:29 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
harper

I have long fingers which tend to bottom in the closed handles. The tips
of my fingers really take a beating in that kind of handle so I prefer
the open type that my fingers can go all the way through. Could this be
your problem?

--
harper

-Greg Harper

B L U E S H I F T

Finally made it to my (n+1)th post....* TOTALLY AWESOME!!!*

Unicycle For the Chafing

Old November 3rd 06, 08:18 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tommygrhcp

ye, i haave an old one. I think i will get a new handle soon because my
friend has a handle with fins and it is so much nicer to hold. Thanks
for the "finger tips."

--
tommygrhcp
tommygrhcp's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13471

Short fingers Chris Glidden Mountain Biking 33 June 29th 05 04:23 PM
Cold Fingers on Ride MBillon General 67 January 30th 05 11:49 PM
problems with my fingers ulph Unicycling 6 August 10th 04 07:49 PM
I hurt my foot! Jayne ZA Unicycling 6 July 29th 04 01:52 PM
Numb fingers after long ride just us Australia 10 May 14th 04 04:27 AM