Why is Ullrich still on the hook?

Old November 17th 06, 03:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

Default Why is Ullrich still on the hook?

In article .com,
"RicodJour" wrote:

Ryan Cousineau wrote:

Basso needs a new nickname. Something fierce.

Ivan the Terrible?

I need some coffee! I was thinking of the Italian pronunciation of
terrible (il terrible Il Terrible?) when I posted and I didn't even
think of Basso's first name. How sad is that?

Pretty sad. I mean, you were outwitted by the LIVEDRUNK guy! I barely
speak even one language.

What was his old nickname? Birillo?

Old November 17th 06, 11:36 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Ullrich's lawyer is now saying that he will provide DNA if it is
required
(http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?...ov06/nov16news ).Why
has Ullrich been waiting if he knows that the DNA will clear his name.

Dumbass wrote:
Dumbass wrote:
Keith wrote:
You have to wonder why though, what do they have against him that
doesn't come from Spain, zilch, looks like they're getting back at
him, in fact I'm under the impression that whole cylcing mafia is
trying to squeeze him out...

Maybe because Ullrich is not Swiss? Basso is probably very popular in
Italy.

BTW Basso's old term is extremely ****ed at Discovery.

You mean Riis ? Haven't seen that, he fired him right ?

Is Discovery more tolerant of dopers than are other teams? That seems
to be the opinion of some other teams.

Here's the story:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...451391,00.html

And google news search of "Basso Discovery" turns up more on this.

There is a rift among teams on doping policy. I think this is a
developing story.

CSC seems to think they should have been able to resign Basso, but
Basso had not cooperated with the investigation so he was still too
tainted for CSC when Disco signed him.
I believe that's the story.

I noticed in google news that some teams are now requiring DNA rights
in their contracts.
That eliminates this Basso and Ullrich thing where they are not
cooperating in providing DNA for the Spanish. Under the new contracts,
the team can provide the DNA, I think.

Floyd can't be let off the hook because... Joe King Racing 23 August 14th 06 08:31 PM
hook turns at roundabouts Peter McCallum Australia 42 June 20th 05 02:22 PM
right hook lokey General 42 June 6th 05 09:41 AM
Do you have the hook? [email protected] General 2 January 21st 05 02:56 AM
Where to hook-up with biking companions ? Simon Prince UK 2 July 13th 03 11:13 PM