Considerate driving

Old June 25th 05, 08:37 PM
Peter B

Default Considerate driving

A large amount of respect is due to the driver of the artic I was following
on the A47 eastward to Peterborough this morning.
We caught up with the cycling event of the Rutland Triathlon and the care
and consideration displayed by him, or her, on passing them was exemplary, a
pleasure to witness the demonstration of skill.
--
Pete

Old June 25th 05, 08:54 PM
wafflycat

"Peter B" wrote in message
A large amount of respect is due to the driver of the artic I was following
on the A47 eastward to Peterborough this morning.
We caught up with the cycling event of the Rutland Triathlon and the care
and consideration displayed by him, or her, on passing them was exemplary,
pleasure to witness the demonstration of skill.

If you managed to get the name of the company he/she was driving for, a
letter of thanks to said firm is a good idea.

Cheers, helen s

Old June 26th 05, 09:44 AM
Peter B

"wafflycat" waffles*A*T*v21net*D*O*T*co*D*O*T*uk wrote in message

If you managed to get the name of the company he/she was driving for, a
letter of thanks to said firm is a good idea.

The thought occurred to me Helen but the rear of the trailer was unmarked
and when I later overtook I had more pressing concerns than trying to read
his cab markings ;-)
But it would have been nice to do in this world where we're more likely to
complain than commend at times.
Maybe I'll post something on uk.tosspot on the off-chance.

Old June 26th 05, 08:14 PM
soup

Peter B wrote:
"wafflycat" waffles*A*T*v21net*D*O*T*co*D*O*T*uk wrote in message

If you managed to get the name of the company he/she was driving
for, a letter of thanks to said firm is a good idea.

The thought occurred to me Helen but the rear of the trailer was
unmarked and when I later overtook I had more pressing concerns than
trying to read his cab markings ;-)
But it would have been nice to do in this world where we're more
likely to complain than commend at times.
Maybe I'll post something on uk.tosspot on the off-chance.

Had a "Robert Wiseman" truck treat me as if I actually existed;
indicating, moving to the other side the road to pass me and indicating
back in, the works. Sent an email to RW with time, road etc and praised
the driver never heard back from them but it did me the world of good to
let someone know there drivers were being kind,considerate etc.

--
yours S

Lap Dogs and Driving [email protected] General 25 August 31st 05 07:30 AM
New bicycle idea Bob Marley General 49 October 7th 04 05:20 AM
Torygraph argues that driving crime is not real crime... Howard UK 356 September 1st 04 03:16 AM
Driving School Car! Colin Davidson UK 35 August 10th 04 06:09 PM
Vimw unilaur Unicycling 1 August 16th 03 12:07 PM