Winter shoes - Recommendations !!!!

Old October 9th 06, 12:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Dogfighting

Default Winter shoes - Recommendations !!!!

Hello,

I need a pair of cold weather cycling shoes for my road bike. I am
aware of SIDI's Freeze boots and the many shoe cover booties. Anyone
know of any other reputable companies that make these type of cycling
shoes ?

Old October 9th 06, 02:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
news.videotron.com

Take a look at the Lake 301 Winter shoes. They have the BOA system, so you
can snug or loosen them without a lot of fanfare.

http://www.lakecycling.com/category.aspx?categoryID=36

I am waiting for my LBS to get them in, Lake certainly has gotten serious
about making good shoes the last couple years.

.. .

Old October 9th 06, 03:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RonSonic

On Mon, 09 Oct 2006 07:25:04 -0400, Dogfighting wrote:

Hello,

I need a pair of cold weather cycling shoes for my road bike. I am
aware of SIDI's Freeze boots and the many shoe cover booties. Anyone
know of any other reputable companies that make these type of cycling
shoes ?

Gaerne makes a great shoe and have a number of cold weather models.

Ron
Old October 9th 06, 06:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Michael Press

In article
,
Dogfighting wrote:

Hello,

I need a pair of cold weather cycling shoes for my road bike. I am
aware of SIDI's Freeze boots and the many shoe cover booties. Anyone
know of any other reputable companies that make these type of cycling
shoes ?

There was a discussion of this in rec.bicycles.tech
recently. Look it up, and you should have cross-posted
to rbt.

Old October 9th 06, 09:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Simon Brooke

in message , Dogfighting
') wrote:

I need a pair of cold weather cycling shoes for my road bike. I am
aware of SIDI's Freeze boots and the many shoe cover booties. Anyone
know of any other reputable companies that make these type of cycling
shoes ?

I use the mountain bike version of the SIDI Freeze boot (Inverno - same
boot, different sole) for winter mountain biking, and they're very good -
although not at good as my eight-year-old real leather SIDIs. Synthetic
may be easier to care for but it doesn't mould to your foot nearly as
well.

;; single speed mountain bikes: for people who cycle on flat mountains.
Old October 9th 06, 10:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

A teammate of mine swears by his Lake winter shoes, which arent even as
nice as their new ones.

All the well-prepared guys in Chicago use hotronics footbed warmers.
They make your feet totally forgettable in any temperature. by that i
mean you dont have to even think about your feet. They stay warm. And
ever since I bought hotronics, my hands have stayed warmer as well.
They are expensive.

Old October 10th 06, 06:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bret

Dogfighting wrote:
Hello,

I need a pair of cold weather cycling shoes for my road bike. I am
aware of SIDI's Freeze boots and the many shoe cover booties. Anyone
know of any other reputable companies that make these type of cycling
shoes ?

There are some NOS Duegis available on eBay in several sizes:
http://makeashorterlink.com/?L19A220FD

Duegi offroad shoes work really well in cyclocross for me. The sole is
stiff enough to pedal well but flexes enough for running. They haven't
been imported to the US for years so I either buy them in Italy or find
them on eBay.

Bret

Shoes and pedals Paul Cassel Techniques 58 February 12th 06 05:22 PM
Good winter off road shoes Ningi UK 14 December 10th 05 06:28 PM
Warm Biking Shoes for Cold Winter Commute ? jbuch Techniques 15 September 30th 05 03:18 PM
My new Shimano shoes. Marty Australia 17 June 2nd 05 02:17 PM
FA: Rocket7 Road Shoes 44.0, CARBON SOLE, AS-NEW, L@@K!!! [email protected] Marketplace 0 March 13th 05 07:01 PM