why do cyclists think that they don't need lights at night?

Old December 8th 10, 10:00 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Derek C

Default why do cyclists think that they don't need lights at night?

On Dec 8, 9:24*pm, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
wrote:

On 07/12/2010 21:57, Mrcheerful wrote:

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/new...lice_launch_cr...

Probably for the same reason as the daft old bat that drove past
Minories this evening with no lights on in complete darkness.

Why do you think we all perceive you as a ****? (rhetorical).

Why do you think that we perceive you as a rude, arrogant, brain
damaged psycholist who is always economical with the truth?
Old December 8th 10, 10:01 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
webreader

Default why do motorists kill cyclists who are using lights?

On Dec 8, 10:56*am, Doug wrote:
On Dec 8, 9:18*am, Tony Dragon wrote:

On 08/12/2010 07:22, Doug wrote:

On Dec 8, 7:04 am, *wrote:
Doug wrote:
On Dec 8, 1:08 am, *wrote:
On 07/12/2010 21:57, Mrcheerful wrote:

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/new...lice_launch_cr...

Unconscious humour?

"POLICE have launched a crackdown on cyclists who are putting their
lives at risk by riding without lights during terrible conditions at
the darkest time
of the year.

"Officers stopped 33 riders in two hours at Bournemouth s Cemetery
Junction...".

Maybe the cyclists think it won't make much difference anyway to half-
blind killer drivers. When I was rammed I was using lights and the
motorist admitted he didn't even see me. Pity the police can't pull
over drivers to test their night vision.

were you killed then or is then

I was injured as luckily it happened at slow speed. I could easily
have been killed.

Anecdotal.

any mention of a lit cyclist being killed?
if not then why change the thread title yet again?

Because it is deliberately biased against cyclists on a cycling
newsgroup and originates from a motorist.

Doug

Are, you mean, because the post mentioned about some cyclists.
Do you approve of cycling without lights, a simple yes or no will do as
an answer.

No it won't. Why do you always try to simplify everything to the point
of absurdity? Is it because you have difficulty understanding these
issues?

I have dificulty understanding why you can't answer simple questions.

Again! Cycle lights are no protection against dangerous drivers and
neither are pavements, high-viz vests or helmets.

Nothing to do with the question.

What is needed is
some way of getting rid of dangerous drivers instead of punishing
vulnerable cyclists instead.

Doug.

Answer the question asked

"Do you approve of cycling without lights, a simple yes or no will do
as
an answer?"

Or are you scared to answer?
Old December 8th 10, 10:17 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Just zis Guy, you know?[_33_]

Old December 8th 10, 10:48 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Raven[_3_]

Derek C wrote:

Why do you think that we perceive you as a rude, arrogant, brain
damaged psycholist who is always economical with the truth?

Because you always get everything spectacularly wrong?

Tony
Old December 9th 10, 04:35 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Derek C

On Dec 8, 10:48*pm, Tony Raven wrote:
Derek C wrote:

Why do you think that we perceive you as a rude, arrogant, brain
damaged psycholist who is always economical with the truth?

Because you always get everything spectacularly wrong?

Tony

That's actually quite funny, coming from somebody who can't tell the
difference between the nineteenth century and the twentieth century,
or between a doorway and a footway!

Derek C
Old December 9th 10, 08:56 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_3_]

On 08/12/2010 07:22, Doug wrote:

On Dec 8, 7:04 am, *wrote:
Doug wrote:
On Dec 8, 1:08 am, *wrote:
[...]

Maybe they are too simple?

Again! Cycle lights are no protection against dangerous drivers and
neither are pavements, high-viz vests or helmets.

Nothing to do with the question.

Related.

What is needed is
some way of getting rid of dangerous drivers instead of punishing
vulnerable cyclists instead.

Doug.

Answer the question asked

Why don't you answer some questions for a change? Here's one. Do you
think its OK for motorists to kill or injure cyclists who have no
lights? Yes or no?

"Do you approve of cycling without lights, a simple yes or no will do
as
*an answer?"

Or are you scared to answer?

Again! It is not that simple. Why should I reduce myself to your
simplistic level?

Doug.
Old December 9th 10, 09:11 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Dragon

On 09/12/2010 08:56, Doug wrote:
Do you approve of cycling without lights

Why is it not simple?

You either think that cyclists should obey the law about lights at night
or not.

Do you approve of cycling without lights?

--
Tony Dragon
Old December 9th 10, 09:14 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Dragon

On 09/12/2010 09:11, Tony Dragon wrote:
On 09/12/2010 08:56, Doug wrote:
Do you approve of cycling without lights

Why is it not simple?

You either think that cyclists should obey the law about lights at night
or not.

Do you approve of cycling without lights?

Just to make it a bit clearer, Do you approve of cycling without lights,
during the hours of darkness, on a public highway/

--
Tony Dragon
Old December 9th 10, 11:41 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_2_]

On 09/12/2010 08:56, Doug wrote:
Do you approve of cycling without lights

Why is it not simple?

You either think that cyclists should obey the law about lights at
night or not.

Do you approve of cycling without lights?

Just to make it a bit clearer, Do you approve of cycling without
lights, during the hours of darkness, on a public highway/

FXtumble weed, cricket sounds, wind whistle, creaking sound from old pub
sign time passes, people die, the next ice age begins..............

Old December 9th 10, 05:03 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
francis

On 08/12/2010 07:22, Doug wrote:

On Dec 8, 7:04 am, *wrote:
Doug wrote:
On Dec 8, 1:08 am, *wrote:
[...]

Can you explain why answering the question is not simple?

use lights and wear bright clothes at night, how dim are these cyclists? Mrcheerful[_2_] UK 24 September 12th 10 06:28 AM
Riding at night with my new lights siafirede Unicycling 13 October 10th 07 03:16 PM
Night lights cathwood Unicycling 16 September 7th 06 04:32 PM
Night lights tomkarches Unicycling 1 September 6th 06 09:41 PM
Night lights Phil Lee, Squid Techniques 4 August 11th 06 03:20 PM