Drivers with 12 or more points still on the road

Old March 12th 12, 10:09 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.transport
Judith[_4_]

Default Drivers with 12 or more points still on the road

On Mon, 12 Mar 2012 09:39:03 +0000 (UTC), d wrote:

On Sat, 10 Mar 2012 01:36:21 +0000
Dave - Cyclists VOR wrote:
Typical Mason tactic.

He always loses arguments because he is a thick twunt.

It became so bad the cowardly wimp had to hide behind kill files.

I bet like most people who make grand gestures about kill files he never
actually uses them and just keeps reading the posts, grinding his teeth in
frustration at all the comments he can't reply to by the "killfiled" posters
until one day he can't resist any longer and suddenly he'll let rip. Of
course when you ask these people what happened to their killfile you never
get a response

B2003

He uses Google Groups - when pointed out that it does not have a kill-file
capability - he said that he had "written a program"

He was not believed.

Old March 12th 12, 10:20 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.transport
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Mar 8, 9:04*am, Simon Mason wrote:
On Mar 5, 9:06*am, (Steve Firth) wrote:

Simon Mason wrote:
What a bloody disgrace - there is no excuse at all for a git on 30 points to
still be on the road at all.

I agree, there's no place on the road for aggressive, stupid road users..
Fortunately someone has taken it upon themself to document the actions
of stupid road users for posterity.

Just look at this idiot as he careers up the road aggressively trying to
force oncoming traffic to yield to him and then terrorises pedestrians
crossing the road, failing to give way to pedestrians as he turns right..

The "man" who took these videos is a disgrace.

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/satjam.mp4

How do you like my latest effort?

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/roadworks.wmv

What about this lazy git as well?

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/indicate.wmv

--
Simon Mason
Old March 12th 12, 10:25 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.transport

On Mon, 12 Mar 2012 10:09:23 +0000
Judith wrote:
He uses Google Groups - when pointed out that it does not have a kill-file
capability - he said that he had "written a program"

Ah , thats made me smile this morning )

B2003

Old March 12th 12, 11:18 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.transport
Ian Jackson[_2_]

In message
,
Simon Mason writes

What about this lazy git as well?

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/indicate.wmv

Sorry, but you really are simply asking for trouble by attempting to
pass (undertake) a vehicle where there is a left turn.

From somewhere in the dim and distant past, I have always understood
that you should not overtake at road junctions (either left or right).
I'm not sure that this is in the highway code these days, but obeying
this rule has certainly prevented me being involved in many an incident
over the last 50 years of driving.

You really should know by now that you must NOT rely on drivers giving
signals - and even when they do, you should not assume that the signal
is correct for what they intend to do - or even if it is, that you have
not misinterpreted it. Failure to do so could be fatal - especially for
cyclists. Don't think that the fact you have survived so far doesn't
mean your 'assertive' cycling lifestyle won't one day catch up with you.
--
Ian
Old March 12th 12, 11:54 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.transport
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Mar 12, 11:18*am, Ian Jackson
wrote:
In message
,
Simon Mason writes

What about this lazy git as well?

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/indicate.wmv

Sorry, but you really are simply asking for trouble by attempting to
pass (undertake) a vehicle where there is a left turn.

*From somewhere in the dim and distant past, I have always understood
that you should not overtake at road junctions (either left or right).
I'm not sure that this is in the highway code these days, but obeying
this rule has certainly prevented me being involved in many an incident
over the last 50 years of driving.

The fact that I had slowed down as I could see what he was up to shows
that I am well aware of the dangers of the left hook by non indicating
cars.

I also had enough presence of mind to avoid this silly bint as well a
bit further down the road.

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/blindbat.wmv

--
Simon Mason
Old March 12th 12, 02:00 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.transport
Ian Jackson[_2_]

In message
,
Simon Mason writes
On Mar 12, 11:18*am, Ian Jackson
wrote:
In message
,
Simon Mason writes

What about this lazy git as well?

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/indicate.wmv

Sorry, but you really are simply asking for trouble by attempting to
pass (undertake) a vehicle where there is a left turn.

*From somewhere in the dim and distant past, I have always understood
that you should not overtake at road junctions (either left or right).
I'm not sure that this is in the highway code these days, but obeying
this rule has certainly prevented me being involved in many an incident
over the last 50 years of driving.

The fact that I had slowed down as I could see what he was up to shows
that I am well aware of the dangers of the left hook by non indicating
cars.

I also had enough presence of mind to avoid this silly bint as well a
bit further down the road.

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/blindbat.wmv

Indeed you did. Well done! But I see that you asserted your precedence,
and still proceeded in front of her. What would have happened if,
because of the surprise the woman probably got, her foot had
accidentally slipped off the clutch? Don't you see a scenario for
potential disaster (mainly to you)?
--
Ian
Old March 12th 12, 02:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.transport
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Mar 12, 2:00*pm, Ian Jackson
wrote:

The fact that I had slowed down as I could see what he was up to shows
that I am well aware of the dangers of the left hook by non indicating
cars.

I also had enough presence of mind to avoid this silly bint as well a
bit further down the road.

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/blindbat.wmv

Indeed you did. Well done! But I see that you asserted your precedence,
and still proceeded in front of her.

I asserted my precedence as she had the give way lines and I had the
right of way.

What would have happened if,
because of the surprise the woman probably got, her foot had
accidentally slipped off the clutch? Don't you see a scenario for
potential disaster (mainly to you)?

No - I see it as a potential money spinner.
Compo for any injuries and maybe a new set of wheels or maybe even
this year's Scott CR1 :-0
And a due care or careless driving 3pts for her, which may be enough
to get her off the roads if she already had enough previous. I don't
mind taking the hit if it makes the roads safer for all.
--
Simon Mason
Old March 12th 12, 02:15 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.transport
Mr Benn[_4_]

"Simon Mason" wrote in message
On Mar 12, 2:00 pm, Ian Jackson
wrote:

[...]

There's a name for people like you.

Old March 12th 12, 02:23 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.transport
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Mar 12, 11:18*am, Ian Jackson
wrote:

*From somewhere in the dim and distant past, I have always understood
that you should not overtake at road junctions (either left or right).
I'm not sure that this is in the highway code these days, but obeying
this rule has certainly prevented me being involved in many an incident
over the last 50 years of driving.

There *is* a bit in the HC that advises drivers to check in *both*
door mirrors before making a turn as there may be cyclists and
motorcyclists filtering on either side.

--
Simon Mason
Old March 12th 12, 03:07 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.transport
Judith[_4_]

On Mon, 12 Mar 2012 07:06:14 -0700 (PDT), Simon Mason
wrote:

On Mar 12, 2:00*pm, Ian Jackson
wrote:

[...]

Oh dear, oh dear.

I wonder if BP Chemicals, Saltend, Hull are aware of the actions they are
taking by posting this sort of message.

Is that all BP Chemical's official policy?