McMaster Carr ?

Old May 31st 16, 10:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default McMaster Carr ?

http://www.mcmaster.com/#cycles/=12nkurm
Old June 2nd 16, 01:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

On Tue, 31 May 2016 14:58:51 -0700 (PDT), wrote:
http://www.mcmaster.com/#cycles/=12nkurm

More of the same:
https://www.grainger.com/category/bicycles-and-scooters/material-handling/ecatalog/N-nwi
http://www.toolfetch.com/material-handling/industrial-carts-dollies/industrial-bicycles.html
Welcome to the wonderful world of industrial bicycles.
https://www.google.com/search?q=industrial+bicycle&tbm=isch
Forget everything you know about light weight, aerodynamics,
aesthetics, styling, comfort, and speed. Replace them with payload
capacity, durability, and "heavy duty".

Hmmm... you can even carry passengers:
http://greenupgrader.com/files/2008/06/image204.jpg

or attach a battering ram:
http://donkybike.com
or hood ornament:
https://static.dezeen.com/uploads/2012/11/dezeen_Donky-Bike-by-Ben-Wilson_11.jpg
http://www.dezeen.com/2012/11/08/donky-bike-by-ben-wilson/

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
Old June 2nd 16, 01:56 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Wednesday, June 1, 2016 at 8:03:41 PM UTC-4, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
[...]

the 204 looks versitle.

actually, owning one would be a gas if the routing were optimall ..like flat upper middle class at leased...

remember my discourse on running into tourers up at stone quarry state park north of SF....down from Pland ...so was said...in Pland cargo bikes ?

https://goo.gl/LG8FoS
Old June 2nd 16, 01:58 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8167/7...44f8dda6ab.jpg
Old June 2nd 16, 02:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Wednesday, June 1, 2016 at 8:58:47 PM UTC-4, wrote:
[...]

Portland has a drug problem from Cal

http://clevercycles.com/media/catalo...y_1_copy_1.jpg

poss WA
Old June 2nd 16, 02:19 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

On Wed, 1 Jun 2016 17:56:13 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

actually, owning one would be a gas if the routing were
optimall ..like flat upper middle class at leased...

Warehouses are usually built on flat ground. No need to climb hills
or play with gears.

remember my discourse on running into tourers up at stone quarry
state park north of SF....down from Pland ...so was said...in Pland cargo bikes ?
https://goo.gl/LG8FoS

Portland needs something more industrial:
"Human powered folklift"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlLLEdXUEWY

Old June 2nd 16, 05:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 6/1/2016 8:03 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

Welcome to the wonderful world of industrial bicycles.
https://www.google.com/search?q=industrial+bicycle&tbm=isch
Forget everything you know about light weight, aerodynamics,
aesthetics, styling, comfort, and speed. Replace them with payload
capacity, durability, and "heavy duty".

Yep. I've worked in plants with industrial bicycles.

Do keep in mind, the objectives are much different from typical
bicycling. Speed is actually discouraged. And factory floors are
typically very smooth and dead level, so weight makes negligible difference.

I think industrial bikes are cool. In fact, I'm baffled that bikes
aren't used more - by U.S. mailmen, for example.

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old June 2nd 16, 01:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Thursday, June 2, 2016 at 12:39:59 AM UTC-4, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 6/1/2016 8:03 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

Welcome to the wonderful world of industrial bicycles.
https://www.google.com/search?q=industrial+bicycle&tbm=isch
Forget everything you know about light weight, aerodynamics,
aesthetics, styling, comfort, and speed. Replace them with payload
capacity, durability, and "heavy duty".

Yep. I've worked in plants with industrial bicycles.

Do keep in mind, the objectives are much different from typical
bicycling. Speed is actually discouraged. And factory floors are
typically very smooth and dead level, so weight makes negligible difference.

I think industrial bikes are cool. In fact, I'm baffled that bikes
aren't used more - by U.S. mailmen, for example.

--
- Frank Krygowski

mailmen on bikes ? ach DOA ...

a variable transmission steyr puch
Old June 2nd 16, 11:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

On Thu, 2 Jun 2016 00:39:54 -0400, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

On 6/1/2016 8:03 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

Welcome to the wonderful world of industrial bicycles.
https://www.google.com/search?q=industrial+bicycle&tbm=isch
Forget everything you know about light weight, aerodynamics,
aesthetics, styling, comfort, and speed. Replace them with payload
capacity, durability, and "heavy duty".

Yep. I've worked in plants with industrial bicycles.

Ditto. I got tried moving boxes of junk using a push cart or hand
truck. I requested a fork lift, and instead got an ancient tricycle
that someone fished out of storage. Incidentally, it probably weighed
over 50lbs and had solid rubber tires.

Do keep in mind, the objectives are much different from typical
bicycling. Speed is actually discouraged. And factory floors are
typically very smooth and dead level, so weight makes negligible difference.

Yep. That's why I mumbled something about forgetting about weight,
aerodynamics, etc. The floors were concrete and quite smooth.
However, one still had to watch out for power cables, door thresholds,
obstacles, and debris placed in the way. The smooth floors worked
against me when I was learning how to corner on two out of three
wheels. Wheee...

I think industrial bikes are cool. In fact, I'm baffled that bikes
aren't used more - by U.S. mailmen, for example.

One had to pass a safety exam and operation test to be qualified to
drive a forklift.
http://www.ivestraining.com/forklift-resource-center/common-forklift-questions-answers-united-states/
The company also paid extra for insurance for every forklift driver.
On the other hand, bicycles had no such requirements. Therefore, I
suspect it's a status thing. Minimum wage warehouse employees (like
me) got the bicycles. Higher status employees got the golf carts and
forklifts. Safety might also be an issue as management failed to
appreciate my cost saving efforts when I appeared wearing roller
skates.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558

McMaster Carr hardware datakoll Techniques 1 April 12th 13 12:39 AM
Zak Carr- writ issued. spindrift UK 39 August 10th 08 04:03 PM
Zak Carr Memorial Ride wafflycat UK 0 September 22nd 06 10:51 AM
Zak Carr - funeral details Danny Colyer UK 0 October 24th 05 07:47 PM
Zak Carr tribute ride on Sunday Danny Colyer UK 4 October 24th 05 05:41 PM