29 was too small, 36 was too big

Old October 19th 20, 03:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default 29 was too small, 36 was too big

At this moment in history, what we really need are new
standards. Every imaginable thing ought to be its own standard!

https://zinncycles.com/32_inch_wheel/

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old October 19th 20, 04:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_2_]

On Monday, October 19, 2020 at 7:52:12 AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
At this moment in history, what we really need are new
standards. Every imaginable thing ought to be its own standard!

https://zinncycles.com/32_inch_wheel/

I certainly am glad that I can settle for a standard man powered bicycle and don't need to expend extra energy to get from a to b.
Old October 19th 20, 04:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

On 10/19/2020 7:52 AM, AMuzi wrote:
At this moment in history, what we really need are new standards. Every
imaginable thing ought to be its own standard!

https://zinncycles.com/32_inch_wheel/

They wanted to go to 36" but the largest bicycle tires available are 32"
and they didn't want to make their own tires.

Pretty soon every tire maker will have to come out with 32" tires and tubes.

Old October 19th 20, 05:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 10/19/2020 10:47 AM, sms wrote:
On 10/19/2020 7:52 AM, AMuzi wrote:
At this moment in history, what we really need are new
standards. Every imaginable thing ought to be its own
standard!

https://zinncycles.com/32_inch_wheel/

They wanted to go to 36" but the largest bicycle tires
available are 32" and they didn't want to make their own tires.

Pretty soon every tire maker will have to come out with 32"
tires and tubes.

36" have been around for over twenty years.
https://36ers.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/coker.jpg