London UK Uni-Meet. It's happening again!

Old October 11th 06, 06:46 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Eddbmxdude

Default London UK Uni-Meet. It's happening again!

gkmac wrote:
Sorry to hear about that Edd. I intend to come and take some video, as
mentioned before I now have plenty of capacity for it. I've never
really done a full-length video before, nor am I a trials rider so I
don't really know what kind of visuals and sound tickles a fancy.

I still dunno whether to take my 24" muni or not, because they will be
about twenty riders there who can do stuff that I cannot. I won't post
a picture of me, as I'll be easily recognisable as the one who is too
much of a coward to do any sort of trials. I still haven't hopped up
more than 4 steps without getting scared and copping out of it...

I would bring a uni GK, even if you are not intending to ride any
trials. Last time we moved around pretty fast and if you were on foot,
i think it would be a struggle to keep up.

You could do some urban Muni!

It doesn't matter how good you are, we are all there to have a good
time. No-one is going to judge you. I will have a go at teaching you
some new things if you like.

Rock on!
Edd

--
Eddbmxdude

Its like England here....Iv never seen so much sun!

"Mmmm, I can smell bread!..........I wonder if thats what you smell
before you die?" - My workmate, Paul

"Unicycling only makes you look like a freak when you're riding." -
Unisteve
Eddbmxdude's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11584

Old October 11th 06, 09:09 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
chauncy

I'm definitely coming but need a place to stay in London on the 29th.
Could anyone put up a strange Canadian for the night?

Sean

--
chauncy
chauncy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11278

Old October 11th 06, 09:16 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Loosemoose

Right, well I think its about time I popped in and said I was planning
on coming too! I'll be taking the coach to victoria as well, so I'll
plan on arriving at about 9:30 to meet Amanda & everyone else.

I'll be covering the meet for Uni magazine, so although I'll have a uni
I'll be behind the lens most of the time.

Loose.

--
Loosemoose

Vice President - Southampton University Circus Society

"Come on you target for far away laughter,
come on you stranger, you legend, you martyr, and shine..." - Pink
Floyd
Loosemoose's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6326

Old October 11th 06, 10:00 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Eddbmxdude

UPDATE

Joe Hodges
Sponge
Steve (Afro Guy)
Mike Penton
Lucas
Amanda
Mike
Gavin
Edd
Leo
Dale
AJ
Rocco
Spencer
Beth
Liam
Tom (Skicker)
Sean
Loose

Phil?
Dave (Kington99)?
Niall Cardin (Friend of Dave)?
Joe B?

Rock on!
Edd

Old October 11th 06, 03:15 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
gkmac

Eddbmxdude wrote:
I would bring a uni GK, even if you are not intending to ride any
trials. Last time we moved around pretty fast and if you were on foot,
i think it would be a struggle to keep up.

That sounds completely unlike the April meet I went to, where everyone
mounted their unis just to hop on the furniture. They all went from one
place to another -on foot-; I spent more time idling my muni than
riding it.

Last night a young chap at juggling club brought in a new trials uni. I
encouraged him to lower the tyre pressure so he could hop higher, then
I tested it out and found I could seemingly much higher than I ever
could on my bulkier, heavier muni.

I don't have a trials uni, but if someone let me borrow theirs on the
day...

--
gkmac

"It's a marvellous thing to see, someone in full flight on the
unicycle." - Stuart Maconie, Radio 2
"Oh no! Both my toes have gone numb!" - Joe Hodges
"You also met me gk! I was the one eating the sandwich!" - Adam Gayne
"Act your tyre pressure, not your age." - rob.northcott
gkmac's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4577

Old October 11th 06, 04:23 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Eddbmxdude

gkmac wrote:

Last night a young chap at juggling club brought in a new trials uni. I
encouraged him to lower the tyre pressure so he could hop higher, then
I tested it out and found I could seemingly much higher than I ever
could on my bulkier, heavier muni.

I don't have a trials uni, but if someone let me borrow theirs on the
day...

Thats the spirit!

If I have managed to get my new trials uni before the meet, I will try
and build up a trials setup and bring it along for you. I can't promise
anything, but I will see if I can scrape together a few unbent/unbroken
parts!

Rock on!
Edd

Old October 13th 06, 11:50 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
antatack

Ya! Just got that thread! I'll be there as well around 10-10:30! See you
at the shell center!

Antoine!

--
antatack
antatack's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7056

Old October 13th 06, 12:06 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Eddbmxdude

WOOHOO!

_DEFINATES!_
Joe Hodges
Sponge
Steve (Afro Guy)
Mike Penton
Lucas
Amanda
Mike
Gavin
Edd
Leo
Dale
AJ
Rocco
Spencer
Beth
Liam
Tom (Skicker)
Sean
Loose
Antoine

_*Maybe!*_

Phil?
Dave (Kington99)?
Niall Cardin (Friend of Dave)?
Joe B?

Two weeks to go!

Rock on!
Edd

Old October 13th 06, 03:06 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
kington99

Niall deff isnt coming as his dissertation is in at the end of this
month, I should be coming unless any major work commitments crop up. I
haven't ridden trials in months so some practice might be needed before
the meet.

--
kington99

Dave

Old October 13th 06, 04:16 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Eddbmxdude

_DEFINATES!_

Joe Hodges
Sponge
Steve (Afro Guy)
Mike Penton
Lucas
Amanda
Mike
Gavin
Edd
Leo
Dale
AJ
Rocco
Spencer
Beth
Liam
Tom (Skicker)
Sean
Loose
Antoine
Dave

_*Maybe!*_

Phil?
Joe B?

Two weeks to go!

Rock on!
Edd

--
Eddbmxdude

Its like England here....Iv never seen so much sun!

"Mmmm, I can smell bread!..........I wonder if thats what you smell
before you die?" - My workmate, Paul

"Unicycling only makes you look like a freak when you're riding." -
Unisteve
Eddbmxdude's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11584

Critical Mass starts Riot in London Terrorized Ifoundmore Social Issues 0 July 13th 05 04:30 AM
My London ride Tony Raven UK 3 July 11th 05 11:08 PM
London learner John Hearns UK 1 July 11th 05 11:43 AM
New Uk uni meet south west thinuniking Unicycling 5 January 15th 04 09:54 PM
More on the August 24th Northeast Bicycle Swap Meet Menotomy Techniques 0 July 22nd 03 04:35 PM