another case of clinical "asthma"

Old December 6th 08, 08:44 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro

Default another case of clinical "asthma"

William Asher wrote:
I only posted this to get on Tom's nerves since it has nothing to do
with cycling.

Donald Munro wrote:
Perl-based lifeforms nervous systems are poorly structured.

Michael Press wrote:
We like to think of ourselves as protean.

First time use on rbr (not counting misspellings of protein) and
quite apposite for robert/bruce:
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=protean

1. readily assuming different forms or characters; extremely variable.
2. changeable in shape or form, as an amoeba.
3. (of an actor or actress) versatile; able to play many kinds of roles.

Old December 6th 08, 01:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MagillaGorilla[_2_]

Carl Sundquist wrote:

MagillaGorilla wrote:

What does that have to do with you claiming that Leogrande was "another
case of clinical 'asthma'"?

Leogrande had a diagnosis for his asthma from his doctor (did you read the CAS
opinion). Gee, what a surprise. It's not like he has a doper's mentality or
anything. Gee, I wonder how come he couldn't get a TUE for that condition? Do you
think it has to do with the fact that USADA now requires more extensive testing that
he couldn't pass?

Do you think Nathan O'Neil qualified for a TUE for a weight-loss medication
considering he was probably 5-8% body fat and the prescription he was given is
intended to be prescribed only to "morbidly obese" people whose weight problems
adversely affect their health?

Keep 'em coming. The bullets are just bouncing off my chest of steel.

Thanks,

Magilla

I don't care about the O'Neil case. Start another thread for that. I
went back and reread the opinion. You should too.What makes you believe
Leogrande actually had a doctor diagnose him as having asthma? Because
Leogrande claimed it? If you believe that, is it reasonable to conclude
that you believe the rest of his testimony? If not, why is the inhaler
different?

Leogrande's attorney stated on Page 11 (68a.) of his doping arbitration hearing that he
had a doctor who prescribed albuterol (i.e. Ventalin). It is reasonable to assume they
also had the necessary exhibits to prove that, but nobody is privy to those exhibits
outside the arbitration process.

There is arguably only one reason a doctor would prescribe that - asthma.

Magilla