Batavia Windmill shaping up

Old April 30th 04, 05:00 PM
Max

Default Batavia Windmill shaping up

Those of you who ride the Fox River Trail might be interested to know
that the Kane County Park District has put the top and the blades back
on the Fabyan Windmill.

Although it's NOT yet open to the public, you may gawk appreciatively
from the surrounding park. It's on Rt. 25, just north of Fabyan
Parkway.

here's a picture http://home.earthlink.net/~betatron/id9.html

enjoy!

..max

--
the part of
was played by maxwell monningh 8-p
Old May 1st 04, 04:38 PM
John Everett

On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 16:00:09 GMT, Max wrote:

Those of you who ride the Fox River Trail might be interested to know
that the Kane County Park District has put the top and the blades back
on the Fabyan Windmill.

Although it's NOT yet open to the public, you may gawk appreciatively
from the surrounding park. It's on Rt. 25, just north of Fabyan
Parkway.

here's a picture http://home.earthlink.net/~betatron/id9.html

We were actually riding by the day the riggers were removing the old
top and replacing it with the temporary wood and fibreglass cap
several years ago. We walked our bikes up the hill to get a better
look and chatted a bit with the crew. We asked how long it would be
before the reconstruction was complete. I wish I could recall exactly
what they said but I'm pretty certain it was nowhere near May 2004.
:-(

Even though the project has taken so long to complete it's nice to see
it looking like a windmill again. A recent article in a local paper
said the internals have also been rebuilt, including a new wooden main
shaft inported from the Netherlands. Hope this means we'll actually
get to see it in action sometime soon.

jeverett3ATearthlinkDOTnet http://home.earthlink.net/~jeverett3