DuraAce 10-speed chain

Old May 10th 04, 02:47 PM
Tom Rodgers

Default DuraAce 10-speed chain

I'm having persistent problems with the new Shimano DuraAce 7800 10-speed
chain. The link connector does NOT want to stay in. I've popped this link on
two new chains in a row, this after six years and 40-50 of the older,
nine-speed Shimano chains never having a problem.

I'm looking at Wipperman, about the only other 10-speed chain out there, and
i"m wondering which model works with DuraAce. The 1011 lightweight actually
SAYS it is compatible on the performancebike.com site, but other sites seem
to say there is no difference between this and the 10X1 model other than
weight.

Anyone out there using after-market vendors for DuraAce 10-speed? Wipperman
has a very good reputation as a Campy 10-speed replacement. I'm willing to
pay the extra money if it is more reliable.

Old May 10th 04, 06:50 PM
Paul Southworth

In article ,
Tom Rodgers wrote:
I'm having persistent problems with the new Shimano DuraAce 7800 10-speed
chain. The link connector does NOT want to stay in. I've popped this link on
two new chains in a row, this after six years and 40-50 of the older,
nine-speed Shimano chains never having a problem.

I'm looking at Wipperman, about the only other 10-speed chain out there, and
i"m wondering which model works with DuraAce. The 1011 lightweight actually
SAYS it is compatible on the performancebike.com site, but other sites seem
to say there is no difference between this and the 10X1 model other than
weight.

Anyone out there using after-market vendors for DuraAce 10-speed? Wipperman
has a very good reputation as a Campy 10-speed replacement. I'm willing to
pay the extra money if it is more reliable.

I am using the Wipperman nickel 10s chain with a DA 10-speed cluster,
it works OK but I think the DA chain is narrower and probably
shifts better. I have the 10-speed DA cog set on a Power-tap for
use with a Campy 10-speed drivetrain and it's pretty obvious that
the cluster is spaced narrower than Campy 10.