What's Armstrong's secret?

Old August 15th 04, 04:21 AM
Chalo

"the black rose" wrote:

"giroditalia.tk" wrote:

What's Armstrong's secret?

Some folks say it's pure bloody-minded stubborn determination combined
with well-adapted genetics and scientific attention to every microscopic
detail of training and diet.

Some folks say it's drugs.

You decide.

I don't see how either one of those things in isolation could result
in six TdF wins in a row-- there's too much elite competition for
that. It seems to me that he'd need both.

Chalo Colina
Old August 15th 04, 04:26 AM
Frank Krygowski

giroditalia.tk wrote:

What's Armstrong's secret?

The first one is: he chose his parents very carefully.

--
--------------------+
replace with cc.ysu dot edu]

Old August 15th 04, 06:45 AM
Yuri Budilov

no, wait, perhaps he is an alien? 8^)

IMO - it is time to grow up and get a life.

"Little Meow" wrote in message
giroditalia.tk wrote:

What's Armstrong's secret?

Kenner Toys filled Stretch Armstrong
with a caustic, toxic goo. But that isn't
secret. What is secret, is that early
Stretch models were anatomically correct
adult novelties.

Old August 15th 04, 07:40 AM
Red Cloud

"giroditalia.tk" wrote in message . ..
What's Armstrong's secret?

It's drug. Lance Armstrong has been medicated with drug past 10 years.
His body is recondition and reshaped by the drug. There is no doubt
Lance has been doped with enhancement performace drug while taking medicated
drug. That's how he won the Tour De France.
Old August 15th 04, 08:18 AM
Mike Beauchamp

It's drug. Lance Armstrong has been medicated with drug past 10 years.
His body is recondition and reshaped by the drug. There is no doubt
Lance has been doped with enhancement performace drug while taking

medicated
drug. That's how he won the Tour De France.

So why aren't all the other athletes pumping themselves full of chemo drugs?

Somebody's gotta be the best at any sport, every body is different and some
are more geared towards certain sports. Lance's body after cancer ended up
being way better suited towards cycling, with a lot less weight in the upper
body. I forget who it was, but someone was suggesting to him for years that
he needed to loose weight.

Don't forget to look at the guy's lung capacity!! I'd love to see graphs of
everyone's lung capacity and everything. I have asthma, and last I was
tested I have an above average VO2 max, even though I'm not particularly
athletic. I breath a lot slower than my friends, and can ride fairly
decently for being completely out of shape. So I can only imagine how much
of an advantage anyone with above average VO2 max might have.

Plus, it isn't hard to see that lance trains his ****ing ass off. He is also
crazy about details, etc...

Mike

Old August 15th 04, 02:57 PM
Pat

I don't see how either one of those things in isolation could result
in six TdF wins in a row-- there's too much elite competition for
that. It seems to me that he'd need both.

Chalo Colina

Proof? or just jealousy?

Pat in TX

Old August 15th 04, 02:58 PM
Pat

What's Armstrong's secret?

It's drug. Lance Armstrong has been medicated with drug past 10 years.
His body is recondition and reshaped by the drug. There is no doubt
Lance has been doped with enhancement performace drug while taking

medicated
drug. That's how he won the Tour De France.

Either prove your slander or stop spreading it. It's that simple.

Pat in TX

Old August 15th 04, 03:42 PM
Neil Cherry

On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 21:04:04 GMT, Fred Hall wrote:
"S o r n i" wrote in message
Sheryl's tickle spot?

Bill "slow morning" S.

I was trying to think of something witty dealing with Sheryl...you beat me
to it!

I don't know, I thought the 'pushing harder on the pedals' was a
pretty good answer. :-)

--
Linux Home Automation Neil Cherry
http://home.comcast.net/~ncherry/ (Text only)
Old August 15th 04, 03:53 PM
Mark Hickey

"Pat" wrote:

What's Armstrong's secret?

It's drug. Lance Armstrong has been medicated with drug past 10 years.
His body is recondition and reshaped by the drug. There is no doubt
Lance has been doped with enhancement performace drug while taking

medicated
drug. That's how he won the Tour De France.

Either prove your slander or stop spreading it. It's that simple.

Just ignore the troll (who obviously knows more about drugs than the
rest of us combined). ;-)

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $695 ti frame
Old August 15th 04, 04:42 PM
Fred Hall

Red Cloud...why don't you STFU? I've only been following this newsgroup for
about three months now, but every post you've made in that time is idiotic
and so poorly worded they barely make any sense.

"Red Cloud" wrote in message
m...

. ..