Getting adventurous

Old September 12th 05, 06:31 PM
wafflycat

Default Getting adventurous

Well, I am!

Vernon & I are off to a business metting tomorrow morning, and as we are the
clients - someone is after our business, we thought we'd cycle to the
meeting. Of course, should third party at meeting so much as bat an eyelid
at us turning up on bikes, they won't be getting our business

Normally we'd not cycle to meet a client unless the client knows in advance
& doesn't mind us being clad as cyclists - business is normally suit-attired
stuff. But as it's us who are the clients in this instance...

Cheers, helen s

Old September 12th 05, 06:39 PM
David Hansen

On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 18:31:49 +0100 someone who may be "wafflycat"
waffles*$*A**T*v21net$*££*D*O*T*co*D£$£*O*T*uk wrote this:-

Normally we'd not cycle to meet a client unless the client knows in advance
& doesn't mind us being clad as cyclists - business is normally suit-attired
stuff.

That depends on the business. In some industries wearing a suit
marks one out as a cloned "IBM salesman".

prevents me by using the RIP Act 2000.
Old September 12th 05, 06:42 PM
wafflycat

"David Hansen" wrote in message
On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 18:31:49 +0100 someone who may be "wafflycat"
waffles*$*A**T*v21net$*££*D*O*T*co*D£$£*O*T*uk wrote this:-

Normally we'd not cycle to meet a client unless the client knows in
advance
& doesn't mind us being clad as cyclists - business is normally
suit-attired
stuff.

That depends on the business. In some industries wearing a suit
marks one out as a cloned "IBM salesman".

Of course it depends on the business!! In some sectors of work it's entirely
acceptable to dress casually, in others, it's not.
Duh!!

Cheers, helen s

Old September 12th 05, 09:01 PM
John_Kane

wafflycat wrote:
Well, I am!

Vernon & I are off to a business metting tomorrow morning, and as we are the
clients - someone is after our business, we thought we'd cycle to the
meeting. Of course, should third party at meeting so much as bat an eyelid
at us turning up on bikes, they won't be getting our business

Normally we'd not cycle to meet a client unless the client knows in advance
& doesn't mind us being clad as cyclists - business is normally suit-attired
stuff. But as it's us who are the clients in this instance...

Cheers, helen s

I showed up at a stake-holder's office in full spandex and dripping wet
one day. I was making a special stop on the way home from work at the
stake-holder's request and got caught in a downpour.

I did get jeered at by a couple of staff members but then I rode with
them in the local cycle club.

Old September 12th 05, 09:38 PM
JohnB

David Hansen wrote:

Normally we'd not cycle to meet a client unless the client knows in advance
& doesn't mind us being clad as cyclists - business is normally suit-attired
stuff.

That depends on the business. In some industries wearing a suit
marks one out as a cloned "IBM salesman".

Qiuite.
Goodness know what my clients would think if I was even 100m near a suit
or tie :-)

John B
Old September 12th 05, 10:36 PM
The Nottingham Duck

On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 18:31:49 +0100, "wafflycat"
waffles*$*A**T*v21net$*££*D*O*T*co*D£$£*O*T*uk wrote:

Well, I am!

Vernon & I are off to a business metting tomorrow morning, and as we are the
clients - someone is after our business, we thought we'd cycle to the
meeting. Of course, should third party at meeting so much as bat an eyelid
at us turning up on bikes, they won't be getting our business

Ah,but what if they're wearing b*bshorts !