Driver gets away with murder

Old April 16th 05, 03:21 AM
Peter Signorini

Default Driver gets away with murder

Because he's a lawyer (= scum) and knows a few mates
http://www.theadvertiser.news.com.au...5E2682,00.html

Not happy, Gladys, not happy at all!

--
Cheers
Peter

Old April 16th 05, 03:41 AM
cfsmtb

http://tinyurl.com/a4837

Not happy, Gladys, not happy at all!

--
Cheers
Peter

Sadly proving yet again, that some members of the legal fraternity ar
lower than shark ****. :mad

--
cfsmtb

Old April 16th 05, 03:59 AM
till!

Now remember kids, if you have to murder someone, use th
state-sanctioned weapon - a car

til

--
till!

Old April 16th 05, 05:11 AM
hippy

Peter Signorini wrote:
Because he's a lawyer (= scum) and knows a few mates
http://www.theadvertiser.news.com.au...5E2682,00.html

Not happy, Gladys, not happy at all!

That's ****ed. How was the alcohol in his system not drink driving?

He admits to drinking four or five glasses.. how many did he really drink?

If I 'assume' that firing a handgun down the street wont kill anyone,
because I can't see anyone - will I get off with only a fine?

Oh look, I've just hit someone with my car.. I should keep driving until
I sober up..

I just had a little meeting with another ****head in a car and I'm
raging up.. please.. someone else **** me off today..

hippy
"mad as ****!"
Old April 16th 05, 05:30 AM
Alan Erskine

"cfsmtb" wrote in message

Peter Signorini Wrote:
Because he's a lawyer (= scum) and knows a few mates
http://tinyurl.com/a4837

Not happy, Gladys, not happy at all!

--
Cheers
Peter

Sadly proving yet again, that some members of the legal fraternity are
lower than shark ****.

Even though I may disagree with the decision, the decision is that of the
Jury, not "a few mates".

--
Alan Erskine

Old April 16th 05, 06:03 AM
TimC

On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 at 04:11 GMT, hippy (aka Bruce)
Peter Signorini wrote:
Because he's a lawyer (= scum) and knows a few mates
http://www.theadvertiser.news.com.au...5E2682,00.html

Not happy, Gladys, not happy at all!

That's ****ed. How was the alcohol in his system not drink driving?

See, you can only be booked on what the police test you on. So if you
admit to the police 8 hours later that you drunk drove, and they test
you, and you are now below 0.05, they can only assume that you were
lying to try to put yourself in prison, and you obviously weren't a
drunk driver.

****.

I saw a slow moving, sad faced old gentleman as he bounced off the
roof of my car. -- insurance claim
Old April 16th 05, 07:19 AM
HUMBUG

hippy wrote:
snip

I just had a little meeting with another ****head in a car and I'm
raging up.. please.. someone else **** me off today..

Well _I've_ had a pretty good day in that a "better" class of idiot
tried to kill me. Apparently it was for my own good. Go figure. The
important discovery, for me anyway, was that Ferrari paint doesn't
stand up to cleats any better than BMW X5 paint and Ferrari doors ding
_/REALLY/_ easily. Much easier than BMW X5 doors...:-)

hippy
"mad as ****!"

--
Humbub
nearly as mad as hippy but not quite

Old April 16th 05, 07:33 AM
flyingdutch

Peter Signorini Wrote:
Because he's a lawyer (= scum) and knows a few mates
http://tinyurl.com/a4837

Not happy, Gladys, not happy at all!

Un-Bu-****ING-leivable!

in '90 my best mate and i were run over by a drunk driver who the cop
dragged out of bed 5 hours later, still over the limit and with his ca
already being fixed in a mate's panelbeaters. 2 knee reco's later,
months of not being able to walk on bitumen without being reduced to
dribbling mess, i faced this parasite in court.
he told lovely stories about playing his guitar in the ol' folks hom
and being a 'good citizen'.

He got a 12 month sentence. suspended. didnt even lose his licence co
they breathalysed him after he had finished driving his weapon.
and the final straw was i found out he lived 2 blocks away from me.
How he survived my urges, i cant explain
seeing red... cant type anymore :mad

--
flyingdutch

Old April 16th 05, 08:29 AM
BrettM

hippy wrote in
:

http://www.theadvertiser.news.com.au...,5936,12872261
%5E2682,00.html

Not happy, Gladys, not happy at all!

That's ****ed. How was the alcohol in his system not drink driving?

He admits to drinking four or five glasses.. how many did he really
drink?

If I 'assume' that firing a handgun down the street wont kill anyone,
because I can't see anyone - will I get off with only a fine?

Oh look, I've just hit someone with my car.. I should keep driving
until I sober up..

I just had a little meeting with another ****head in a car and I'm
raging up.. please.. someone else **** me off today..

hippy
"mad as ****!"

The worst part is that the lesser included offence for which he was
convicted is a misdemeanor not a criminal offence.

A criminal conviction would prevent him from ever practising a lawyer.
Fitting since that would have wiped out his life.

Now instead of being finished as a lawyer he only has to face a
displinary hearing. Most likely he will be suspended for a couple of
years but will still be able to work within a solicitor's office (keep
his job).

Brett M
Old April 16th 05, 09:12 AM
hemyd

"Peter Signorini" wrote in message
Because he's a lawyer (= scum) and knows a few mates

http://www.theadvertiser.news.com.au...5E2682,00.html

Not happy, Gladys, not happy at all!

--
Cheers
Peter

Sadly, I feel we have a law system which is geared up to protect the
offender, from the perpetration of the crime right up to trial, and even in
prison if he does go there for short time. Let's face it - a criminal can
afford an expensive lawyer (it does help if he's a lawyer himself), whereas
the victim generally cannot, especially if he's dead. Perhaps the legal
system could be streamlined so that all the judge takes into account is the
fees of the resepctive lawyers representing the defendant and the victim,
then makes a decision accordingly. Would save a lot of money in court costs,
wouldn't it?

(Cynical) Henry.