even on a bicycle ng?

Old August 29th 04, 06:22 AM
Tom Keats

In article ,
"Eric S. Sande" writes:
And I don't want to hear any whining, either.

It's raining here right now, and I'm going to go for a pleasure
ride despite the weather. I'm just trying to figure out somewhere
to go. On second thought, I'll do that once I'm under way.

Don't knock yourself out. What do you as a Canadian think of Kerry's
chances?

I rode around looking for a cup of coffee at a
place with just the right atmosphere, but no
luck. But I scored some nice vegetable samosas
and tea in Little India. Tea is a pretty good
antidote for that curry afterburn.

I've heard Kerry has protectionist leanings in
regard to international trade. That wouldn't
bode well for Canada. I hope he isn't one of
those Missile Defense idiots. His chin is too
big; he reminds me of our former Prime Minister,
Brian Mulroney, who tended to lead with his chin.
If Kerry shows some contrition for his controversial
Viet Nam remarks, I think that would give his
credibility at least a small boost. But something
about him screams 'wolf in sheep's clothing' to my
7th sense. If I were a voting American, I think I'd
write-in Elvis for Prez. Even if write-ins aren't
allowed.

Hey -- those St Louis Cardinals are looking really
good. I predicted they would just before the start
of this MLB season.

cheers,
Tom

--
-- Nothing is safe from me.
Above address is just a spam midden.

Old August 29th 04, 10:09 PM
fred

"Hunrobe" wrote in message
"fred"

wrote:
I have been lurking here for a while trying to glean some useful
iformation.
There is some but there is also a heck of a lot of flame here. It seems in
this devisive political landscape even a bicycle newsgroup is not safe. It
is so sad that so many people are unable to function without trying to
impose their narrow veiw on everyone else as if they have a monopoly on
perspective. Can we be cilvil? Can we keep it on point? Please? If you
dont
have anything constructive to say take it over to some poiltical NG.
Thanks.
-The Management

Just so I'm clear, allow me to summarize and paraphrase your post.
You've been lurking here for an unspecifed length of time, taking away
whatever
useful information you could find while contributing nothing to the group.
Now
you are put out that there are often spirited and occasionally downright
nasty
exchanges amongst and between the regular NG contributors. You ask us to
be
civil and remain on point, presumably so your search for free useful
information is more enjoyable and easier. You think any offtopic
discussion
among the regulars- some of whom have been contributors for years- is not
"constructive" because it doesn't suit *your* needs yet you complain of
people
who, "... are unable to function without trying to impose their narrow
veiw on
everyone else as if they have a monopoly on perspective.".
Dude, you have a surplus of chutzpah, a deficit of commonsense, or a
combination of the two. Take your pick.

Regards,
Bob Hunt

Now i've done it! LOL. It must've been that "spongebath" (a surplus of ale)
that gave me the chutzpah to make that post. You see I was afraid to say
anything before and really was only lurking a short while and there had been
some really awful stuff but enough good stuff too. Defenses aside, all
points well taken. It'll only make me faster as they chase me out with
brickbats. See you!
Fred (not the mamagement that was a joke like humor just kidding haha funny)

Old August 30th 04, 01:42 AM
TomP

Don't let this happen to you...

http://www.oregonlive.com/newsflash/...t=orwashington

fred wrote:

I have been lurking here for a while trying to glean some useful iformation.
There is some but there is also a heck of a lot of flame here. It seems in
this devisive political landscape even a bicycle newsgroup is not safe. It
is so sad that so many people are unable to function without trying to
impose their narrow veiw on everyone else as if they have a monopoly on
perspective. Can we be cilvil? Can we keep it on point? Please? If you dont
have anything constructive to say take it over to some poiltical NG. Thanks.
-The Management

--
Tp,

No Lawsuit Ever Fixed A Moron...