Sean Kelly on Eurosport

Old July 14th 08, 03:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
samson[_3_]

Default Sean Kelly on Eurosport

Does anyone have a link where I can listen to Seán
Kelly at Eurosport?

Thanks,

S.

Old July 14th 08, 03:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mike Jacoubowsky

Does anyone have a link where I can listen to Seán
Kelly at Eurosport?

Head to Jack In The Box if you need your fix of unintelligible English.

(Actually, either Kelly's Irish accent is becoming more tame or I've spent
too much time around nominal English speakers (Irish and Kiwi) lately.

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

Old July 14th 08, 11:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
ST[_2_]

On 7/14/08 7:37 AM, in article ,
"Bob Schwartz" wrote:

samson wrote:
Does anyone have a link where I can listen to Seán
Kelly at Eurosport?

Thanks,

S.

Yes.

Bob Schwartz

Justin got pulled this morning..

Old July 16th 08, 03:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Jul 14, 4:45 pm, "Mike Jacoubowsky"
wrote:
Does anyone have a link where I can listen to Seán
Kelly at Eurosport?

Head to Jack In The Box if you need your fix of unintelligible English.

(Actually, either Kelly's Irish accent is becoming more tame or I've spent
too much time around nominal English speakers (Irish and Kiwi) lately.

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycleswww.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

I just turned on Europsort audio. That can't be Sean Kelly! Anyway, a
welcome relief from Laurent Fignon.

-ilan
Old July 16th 08, 06:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

wrote:
Does anyone have a link where I can listen to Seán
Kelly at Eurosport?

Head to Jack In The Box if you need your fix of unintelligible English..

(Actually, either Kelly's Irish accent is becoming more tame or I've spent
too much time around nominal English speakers (Irish and Kiwi) lately.

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycleswww.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

I just turned on Europsort audio. That can't be Sean Kelly! Anyway, a
welcome relief from Laurent Fignon.

Fignon is not too bad, Thierry Adam is a total jackass, I say this is
his last year, obviously Jalabert can't stand him anymore.

Fignon's technical knowledge of bicycle technology ends at about 1995
(as shown by his numerous incorrect statements about the bicycles), he
has a bad memory and either keeps calling riders that X nationality
person or has to ask Adam which rider he's thinking about and then
Adam has to go through the list of candidates until Fignon picks the
right person (last year he kept referring to "that Russian rider"
until Adam figured out it was Popovich who's Ukranian). Adam is also
bad and he's there because of internal TV politics, Henri Sagnier was
excluded because he made some derogatory remarks while Patrick Chene
disappeared from the PAF (French TV) due to some to me unknown problem
(both were better). On the other hand, they are all better than Robert
Chappatte who appears to be the French TV icon, I just heard his last
stage of the 89 Tour commentary and it was horrible, apparently he was
a dedicated alcoholic.

Some of the support staff is good. My favorite is Pierre Henry Brandet
http://tour-de-france.france2.fr/ind...p?page=brandet He's the
one who followed the 2003 Tour in an antiquated Peugeot. Today he was
all excited because it was his first time ever following the race on a
motorcycle. Obviously Jalabert is good and has been improving over the
years. However, no one can replace Bernard Thevenet who was extremely
interesting, knowledgeable, and precise. He and Patrick Chene made the
best team, in my opinion.

-ilan

-ilan
Old July 17th 08, 12:42 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Keith

Head to Jack In The Box if you need your fix of unintelligible English.

(Actually, either Kelly's Irish accent is becoming more tame or I've spent
too much time around nominal English speakers (Irish and Kiwi) lately.

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycleswww.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

I just turned on Europsort audio. That can't be Sean Kelly! Anyway, a
welcome relief from Laurent Fignon.

Fignon is not too bad, Thierry Adam is a total jackass, I say this is
his last year, obviously Jalabert can't stand him anymore.

I assume Jalabert is really good -- is that so?

He's on the motorbike and makes calm and astute comments yes, can't
really to much better.

Old July 17th 08, 01:01 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

wrote:
Does anyone have a link where I can listen to Seán
Kelly at Eurosport?

Head to Jack In The Box if you need your fix of unintelligible English.

(Actually, either Kelly's Irish accent is becoming more tame or I've spent
too much time around nominal English speakers (Irish and Kiwi) lately..

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycleswww.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

I just turned on Europsort audio. That can't be Sean Kelly! Anyway, a
welcome relief from Laurent Fignon.

Fignon is not too bad, Thierry Adam is a total jackass, I say this is
his last year, obviously Jalabert can't stand him anymore.

I assume Jalabert is really good -- is that so?

When he started out he had somewhat stilted long-winded comments which
seem to me more typical of people from the South of France. He was
color commentator one year but then went back to the motorcycle, I
think maybe because he found it boring to be in a studio. I also find
him a lot more relaxed this year, today he had rolled up his sleeves
over his shoulders so viewers could see his new muscular swimming
physique. He's very good, but I still think that Thevenet is better.
Also, it is annoying when he decries doping though he usually tries to
avoid commenting on it.

-ilan

Sean Kelly - Bonne Anniversaire!!! Carmella the Roach Killer Racing 0 May 21st 08 07:35 AM
Lovin' Sean Kelly [email protected] Racing 16 April 21st 07 08:59 AM
Lovin' Sean Kelly Bill C Racing 5 April 15th 07 04:26 AM
WTB: 54-56cm Vitus 979 frameset or complete mid-80s Sean Kelly KAS [email protected] Marketplace 4 April 11th 07 01:42 PM
Ride with Sean Kelly in Ayr David Martin UK 2 October 23rd 05 12:43 PM