The Times says Mail bomber suspect is a cyclist...wait for it...duck!

Old February 19th 07, 10:08 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
WibbleWobble

Default The Times says Mail bomber suspect is a cyclist...wait for it...duck!

Just seen the front page of tomorrows Times on TV... oh please! This'll go
down well with White Van Man and related morons.

I'll put the stabilisers on the bike just in case....

Old February 19th 07, 10:47 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
wafflycat

"WibbleWobble" wrote in message
Just seen the front page of tomorrows Times on TV... oh please! This'll
go
down well with White Van Man and related morons.

I'll put the stabilisers on the bike just in case....

The online version says he's a school caretaker.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle1405614.ece

Perhaps school caretakers will need to be wary of WVM tomorrow?

Old February 20th 07, 06:58 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Sam Salt

wafflycat wrote:

"WibbleWobble" wrote in message
Just seen the front page of tomorrows Times on TV... oh please!
This'll go
down well with White Van Man and related morons.

I'll put the stabilisers on the bike just in case....

The online version says he's a school caretaker.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle1405614.ece

Perhaps school caretakers will need to be wary of WVM tomorrow?

Just seen it this morning,a letter has been despatched.

Sam Salt
Old February 20th 07, 07:26 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Zog The Undeniable

WibbleWobble wrote:
Just seen the front page of tomorrows Times on TV... oh please! This'll go
down well with White Van Man and related morons.

I'll put the stabilisers on the bike just in case....

You'd think he'd welcome speed cameras and the DVLA keeping vehicles
traceable. Does not compute.
Old February 20th 07, 12:15 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
WibbleWobble

"wafflycat" wrote in message

"WibbleWobble" wrote in message
Just seen the front page of tomorrows Times on TV... oh please! This'll
go
down well with White Van Man and related morons.

I'll put the stabilisers on the bike just in case....

The online version says he's a school caretaker.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle1405614.ece

Perhaps school caretakers will need to be wary of WVM tomorrow?

The early print page (for today) shown on Newsnight last night said cyclist.
I re-ran the segment twice to check my eyes weren't deceiving me. At the
same time The Times online version headline said he's a (school) caretaker.
But...Stop the press....the front page today looks totally different...I'm
glad it does.

Old February 20th 07, 12:41 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
fred2

"wafflycat" wrote in message

"WibbleWobble" wrote in message
Just seen the front page of tomorrows Times on TV... oh please! This'll
go
down well with White Van Man and related morons.

I'll put the stabilisers on the bike just in case....

The online version says he's a school caretaker.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle1405614.ece

Perhaps school caretakers will need to be wary of WVM tomorrow?

The early print page (for today) shown on Newsnight last night said
cyclist. I re-ran the segment twice to check my eyes weren't deceiving me.
At the same time The Times online version headline said he's a (school)
caretaker.
But...Stop the press....the front page today looks totally different...I'm
glad it does.

My copy of 'The Times' still got it in for cyclists ( MAN HELD OVER LETTER
BOMBINGS IS A CYCLIST) and on page four there is a picture showing 3 police
officers stopping 1 cat from crossing the cordon!

Old February 20th 07, 01:25 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
A.C.P.Crawshaw

wafflycat wrote:

The online version says he's a school caretaker.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle1405614.ece

Perhaps school caretakers will need to be wary of WVM tomorrow?

I'd be surprised if WVM reads the Times - has anyone checked the Sun's angle on the story?

Alan
Old February 20th 07, 01:32 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
David Lloyd

On 20 Feb, 07:26, Zog The Undeniable wrote:
WibbleWobble wrote:
Just seen the front page of tomorrows Times on TV... oh please! This'll go
down well with White Van Man and related morons.

I'll put the stabilisers on the bike just in case....

You'd think he'd welcome speed cameras and the DVLA keeping vehicles
traceable. Does not compute.

Perhaps he's only a cyclist because he has had his license taken off
him, hence the attack on the DVLA.

David

Old February 20th 07, 03:05 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mark Thompson

I'd be surprised if WVM reads the Times - has anyone checked the Sun's
angle on the story?

No mention of cyclists in the daily star.
Old February 20th 07, 03:21 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mark Thompson

| No mention of cyclists in the daily star.

Is there ever?

Fair point. I was mildly surprised to find the story - it was the only one
in there that was 'real news'.