Super strong quick realese seat clamp

Old July 8th 07, 09:04 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
thejdw

Default Super strong quick realese seat clamp

Well I've bent the arm of my £10 quick realese seat clamp. Its was a
silly aluminium desighn with a big gap in a high stress area (were it
bent).
So do any of you guys know of a realy tough QR seat clamp? (I'm
thinking CrMo or somthing) or am I just better off sticking with the
bolt type?

--
thejdw

kington99 wrote:
A hobnob is an oaty biscuit, the fact that they don't exist in america
just goes to show that you have no culinary heritage

don't follow Jesus, follow me!

http://www.usenet.com
Old July 8th 07, 09:08 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mikepenton

Bolt is generally better - you can get a double bolt for a more secure
grip.

Think why you need a Q/R and how often you use it... bolts are
generally cheaper too.

--
mikepenton

Uni - The Unicycle Magazine
'www.unicyclemagazine.com' (http://www.unicyclemagazine.com)
http://www.usenet.com
Old July 8th 07, 09:11 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jim

Salsa make a nice quick-release seat clamp
see http://tinyurl.com/3afwak

jim

--
Jim
http://www.usenet.com
Old July 8th 07, 09:16 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
thejdw

mikepenton wrote:

Think why you need a Q/R and how often you use it...

well I often travel and then find a hill to practice wheel walking so
it gets used quite abit.

thanks for the recomedation Jim, keep them coming people

--
thejdw

Old July 8th 07, 09:18 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Riles

Yeah, a friend of mine has the Salsa clamp. it sqeezes like 40 pounds of
pressure of something. It seemed to work good.

--
Riles

Cop: "Would you like to file a report?"
Me: "What?"
Cop: "Would you like to file a report?"
Me: "Should I want to file a report?"
Cop: "Well, obiously the other half of your bike was stolen..."
http://www.usenet.com
Old July 8th 07, 09:20 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
thejdw

Riles wrote:
Yeah, a friend of mine has the Salsa clamp. it sqeezes like 40 pounds of
pressure of something. It seemed to work good.

sounds strong, I'm gona remember it

--
thejdw

Old July 8th 07, 11:04 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
kerosian

it's expensive though, like $60 I believe.

--
kerosian

I used to get high on life, until I built up a tolerance, so now I
unicycle.
Yay! Pamba Mountain b*ke race July 22nd, wish me luck!
http://www.usenet.com
Old July 8th 07, 11:14 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Spencer Hochberg

I have a salsa and it holds really well.
I got mine for $25 and thats the price I usually see them.

--
Spencer Hochberg

'BC wheel movie.'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56195) Watch
it.
'Bedford Unicycles' (http://BedfordUnicycles.ca)
AIM: SpencerHochberg
http://www.usenet.com
Old July 9th 07, 03:55 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

I have used the Salsa flip-lock QR seatpost clamp; they're ok, but they
wear out rapidly due to metal on metal contact.

Then I found the HOPE seatpost QR clamp and NEVER looked back! Far
superior to Salsa IMHO and about the same price.

http://tinyurl.com/kgcx8

'
' (http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/M...x?ModelID=2476)

|Filename: qr_seatclamp_PIC.JPG |

MuniAddict

"On Earth it would be...12 noon" (Twilight zone episode, "To serve
man.")

My Videos: http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=ttt8699

My favorite FG clip: http://tinyurl.com/28847b
http://www.usenet.com
Old July 9th 07, 06:05 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mornish

MuniAddict wrote:
I have used the Salsa flip-lock QR seatpost clamp; they're ok, but they
wear out rapidly due to metal on metal contact.

Then I found the HOPE seatpost QR clamp and NEVER looked back! Far
superior to Salsa IMHO and about the same price.

http://tinyurl.com/kgcx8

'
' (http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/M...x?ModelID=2476)

other than those ugly decals, that looks pretty nice.

--
mornish

aim:kiloornish
email: mornish AT gmail DOT com

Spencer wrote:
well, at least I'm not drinking my own blood, I only drink other
people's blood...

http://www.usenet.com

Seat railings bend and then seat clamp breaks gty Techniques 6 May 23rd 06 12:55 PM
seat post clamp irvinegr Unicycling 12 February 2nd 06 01:08 PM
Quick Release Seat Clamp on MUni? munipsycho Unicycling 10 October 24th 05 06:53 AM
Seat Clamp With Quick Release on MUni's Joshin Around Unicycling 14 June 15th 04 03:42 PM
Who makes a strong seat post? David L Mountain Biking 19 July 2nd 03 03:29 AM