New bike!

Old August 27th 04, 02:39 AM
Beverly

"the black rose" wrote in message
. ..
Beverly wrote:
I bought a new one earlier this season and it also was my first

experience
with clipless pedals. It doesn't take too long to get familiar with

them.
Everyone said I would eventually stop and forget to unclip and it

finally
happened. Thankfully I was on grass and had a soft landing and there

was
only one other person to witness it

Thanks, I'll see if I can at least be on grass when I forget, hehe. For
my last tumble, I had the dubious honor of performing in front of an
entire intersection of stopped vehicles. In retrospect, I should have
bowed when I got up.

Let me know how you like the Terry Butterfly. I have the Liberator and

have
been thinking about putting it on another bike and buying a Butterfly

for
the new one.

I like it a lot. It's acceptably comfortable on the hybrid and dreamy
on the new bike.

FWIW, he's sold them to about 10 or 11 women recently, and all but 2
loved it. So I'd say that if your personal geometry is like the
majority of women, you'll get along with the Butterfly. In this area,
the Butterfly Ti is about $100 and the less expensive one is about $60.

Enjoy the new bike.

Thanks, and same to you with yours. If you try the Butterfly, please
let me know how it worked out for you. And if your LBS knows you, see
if they'll let you borrow a Butterfly for a day to test ride it (my LBS
does that with people they know). How's the Liberator? I'd have gotten
that one for the hybrid if there had been any in stock.

-km

--

I like the Liberator. I had it on one of my hybrids before I switched it to
the new road bike. I have another Terry saddle (Chubby Cheeks) on another

Beverly

the black rose
proud to be owned by a yorkie

Old August 27th 04, 04:56 PM
KD

On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 01:39:57 GMT, "Beverly"

I like the Liberator. I had it on one of my hybrids before I switched it to
the new road bike. I have another Terry saddle (Chubby Cheeks) on another
bike. Now who in there right mind wants to be seen riding a bike with that
name written on the saddle even if it's comfortable

OK, I've not ridden any of the Terry seats, as they don't fit MY
anatomy, but my SO has ridden the Liberator, Butterfly and Damsel Fly.
One problem with the Liberator is that over time (4000+ miles) they
can become 'swayback'. She had the Liberator on a couple bikes, and
when it was time for a new saddle, decided to try the Damsel Fly,
which is a race saddle. We ride mostly supported and unsupported rides
of 50-100 miles, and the Damsel Fly was WAY to hard for her. At about
the same time, her friend tried a Butterfly, which she found too hard.
My SO ended up with the Butterfly, which she likes, and her friend
with another Linerator.

OTOH, I've favored a very narrow Fizik Pave. I just picked up a (used)
Brooks Professional that I'm going to be tryigng out. I have fat
(err.. muscular, yeah that's it) thighs, so one of my problems is
with them rubbing on the nose of the seat, which is why I like the
Fizik. OTOH, the Fizik is only comfy for about 60 miles, at which
point it turns into a pretty good torture device. :P

YSaddleMV, Ken
Old August 27th 04, 06:01 PM
Beverly

"KD" kmorton.at.dsl-only.net@ wrote in message
[...]

I agree - we all need to use the saddle that feels good to us. The new bike
came with a Bontrager CRZ road saddle and it felt like I was sitting on a
board. I don't have much of that 'muscle' in the seat area so I need a
little padding on the seatg

Beverly

Old August 27th 04, 06:23 PM
the black rose

Beverly wrote:
I like the Liberator. I had it on one of my hybrids before I switched it to
the new road bike. I have another Terry saddle (Chubby Cheeks) on another
bike. Now who in there right mind wants to be seen riding a bike with that
name written on the saddle even if it's comfortable

*snorfle* You know, I did a search on the Terry web site and couldn't
find the Chubby Cheeks. I guess they renamed it. Or something. :-)

Speaking of that reminds me, I managed to get a 25 minute ride in
yesterday amongst all the leaving-town errands, and the son I was riding
with calls out, "Hey Mom! There's not as much fat squished up on your
butt!"

Well, he *meant* it as a compliment. *sigh*

-km

--
the black rose
proud to be owned by a yorkie
Old August 27th 04, 09:24 PM
Beverly

Beverly wrote:
I like the Liberator. I had it on one of my hybrids before I switched

it to
the new road bike. I have another Terry saddle (Chubby Cheeks) on

another
bike. Now who in there right mind wants to be seen riding a bike with

that
name written on the saddle even if it's comfortable

*snorfle* You know, I did a search on the Terry web site and couldn't
find the Chubby Cheeks. I guess they renamed it. Or something. :-)

I can see why they would rename itg It is comfortable. I have it on a
hybrid my granddaughters ride.

http://www.mtbreview.com/reviews/Sad...ct_79083.shtml

Speaking of that reminds me, I managed to get a 25 minute ride in
yesterday amongst all the leaving-town errands, and the son I was riding
with calls out, "Hey Mom! There's not as much fat squished up on your
butt!"

Well, he *meant* it as a compliment. *sigh*

Kids

-km

--
the black rose
proud to be owned by a yorkie

Old August 28th 04, 05:23 AM
maxo

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 22:42:50 +0000, the black rose wrote:

I rode it. It disappeared out from under me. I fell in love.

I gots me a new bike. YAAAAAAY!

http://www.cannondale.com/bikes/04/c...del-4RR1Y.html

Looks very smart.

Nice to see that it supports fatter rubber and fenders if need be. More
bikes should come with long reach brakes like that.

I like the choice of 700x25 tires in the specs, a very sensible size for
most folks.

How's the ride? I haven't ridden a Cannondale since the 80s and remember
them as being a joy for climbing, but a bit stiff for long ride comfort,
I'm sure they've come a long way in 20 years.
Old August 30th 04, 03:00 PM
the black rose

maxo wrote:
On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 22:42:50 +0000, the black rose wrote:

I rode it. It disappeared out from under me. I fell in love.

I gots me a new bike. YAAAAAAY!

http://www.cannondale.com/bikes/04/c...del-4RR1Y.html

Looks very smart.

Nice to see that it supports fatter rubber and fenders if need be. More
bikes should come with long reach brakes like that.

I like the choice of 700x25 tires in the specs, a very sensible size for
most folks.

How's the ride? I haven't ridden a Cannondale since the 80s and remember
them as being a joy for climbing, but a bit stiff for long ride comfort,
I'm sure they've come a long way in 20 years.

I'm not sure I have the wherewithal to compare. All road bikes seem
twitchy and road-chattery after my heavy, heavy hybrid; it's been 30
years since I last had a road bike. I can say that my new bike is a joy
to ride, though. :-)

-km

--
the black rose
proud to be owned by a yorkie

Old August 31st 04, 01:14 AM
Claire Petersky

"maxo" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 22:42:50 +0000, the black rose wrote:

I rode it. It disappeared out from under me. I fell in love.

I gots me a new bike. YAAAAAAY!

http://www.cannondale.com/bikes/04/c...del-4RR1Y.html

Looks very smart.

Nice to see that it supports fatter rubber and fenders if need be. More
bikes should come with long reach brakes like that.

I agree. I've nearly decided I need to go custom to get a road bike that
doesn't weigh a ton, will accomodate my short torso, has decent components,
and will accomodate fenders.

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky