Ed Dolan & Melanie

Old March 18th 11, 04:17 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Tºm Shermªn™ °_°[_2_]

Default the holy spirit

On 3/17/2011 10:32 PM, Edward Dolan wrote:
"T�m Sherm�nT " wrote in
message ...
On 3/17/2011 8:02 PM, Edward Dolan wrote:
[...]
Tom Sherman, an arch enemy of mine, is at least honorable which is more
than
I can say for you.[...]

Actually, I am Ed's best friend.

Friends are for teenagers who are trying to discover who they are. Are you a
teenager?

Only my presence keeps Ed from going insane.

--
Tºm Shermªn - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.
Old March 18th 11, 04:20 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Edward Dolan

Default Ed Dolan & Music

"James" wrote in message
Edward Dolan wrote:
"James" wrote in message
Edward Dolan wrote:

It is Google Groups that is ****ed up. My Windows Mail is perfect, just
like all Microsoft products. Note how I did not have to do anything to
your post. That is because you are not posting from Google Groups.
Bull****. Nothing Microsoft is perfect.

Maybe not perfect, but better than anything else out there. It is why all
the world is on Windows. I hear that the new IE 9 is getting good reviews
too!

More bull****. It is so prolific because it is, or used to be, cheaper
and satisfies most peoples needs, not because it is perfect, near perfect
or better than anything else.

But hard to argue with facts, don't you think?

Ignorance is bliss. You don't know how imperfect Bill's fancy is until
you've looked elsewhere. Furthermore, IE9 will be just as woeful as all
it's predecessors, possibly more so.

Where the hell should I look? Apple? Linux?

Just wait and see how quickly they run to stick on the bandaids.

All Internet browsers continually and constantly need band aids. Things
might improve if we would put hackers into prison for 20 years for even a
single offense.

Meanwhile, you should do something about your usenet mail software and
stop telling people Google made it happen.

It's all Google's fault. Microsoft is as innocent and pure as the wind
driven snow. Are you paying for your newsreader - eternal-september?

--
Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old March 18th 11, 04:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Edward Dolan

"Tºm ShermªnT °_°" " wrote in
message ...
On 3/17/2011 10:30 PM, Edward Dolan wrote:
[...]
Only to musicologists, not to the general concert going public. Program
an
all Bach or an all Handel concert and no one will come. Only the
musicians
will be happy![...]

Only of the very best evenings of my life was an all Bach and Handel
concert by Trevor Pinnock and The English Consort.

That was a small chamber group, not a major symphony orchestra. Next you
will be telling me that you approve of Helmuth Rilling and his unending Bach
performances in various churches and cathedrals. The Germans are dogged if
nothing else.

I was once in a rather large record store which had the complete cantatas of
Bach on a top shelf. These were LP albums. I noted that the shelf was
sagging badly under all that weight. I made sure I stayed well out from
under for fear it might collapse on me and put my Beethoven loving days to a
quick end.

Old March 18th 11, 04:37 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Edward Dolan

"Tºm ShermªnT °_°" " wrote in
message ...
On 3/17/2011 10:32 PM, Edward Dolan wrote:
"T?m Sherm?nT " wrote in
message ...
On 3/17/2011 8:02 PM, Edward Dolan wrote:
[...]
Tom Sherman, an arch enemy of mine, is at least honorable which is more
than
I can say for you.[...]

Actually, I am Ed's best friend.

Friends are for teenagers who are trying to discover who they are. Are
you a
teenager?

Only my presence keeps Ed from going insane.

It is My Greatness which prevents that, even though I am accosted by music
know-nothings all day long.

Old March 18th 11, 04:41 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
James[_8_]

Edward Dolan wrote:
"James" wrote in message
Edward Dolan wrote:
"James" wrote in message
Edward Dolan wrote:

It is Google Groups that is ****ed up. My Windows Mail is perfect, just
like all Microsoft products. Note how I did not have to do anything to
your post. That is because you are not posting from Google Groups.
Bull****. Nothing Microsoft is perfect.
Maybe not perfect, but better than anything else out there. It is why all
the world is on Windows. I hear that the new IE 9 is getting good reviews
too!

More bull****. It is so prolific because it is, or used to be, cheaper
and satisfies most peoples needs, not because it is perfect, near perfect
or better than anything else.

But hard to argue with facts, don't you think?

I did not dispute that it is prolific, but the reason why.

Products need not be near perfect or even good to be successful.

Ignorance is bliss. You don't know how imperfect Bill's fancy is until
you've looked elsewhere. Furthermore, IE9 will be just as woeful as all
it's predecessors, possibly more so.

Where the hell should I look? Apple? Linux?

Well, yes they are better whole operating systems, but you needn't go
that far to fix Bill's mail software problem. Your friend, Tom, has
given you an answer.

Just wait and see how quickly they run to stick on the bandaids.

All Internet browsers continually and constantly need band aids. Things
might improve if we would put hackers into prison for 20 years for even a
single offense.

IE has more than its fair share, partly because of substandard
development, and then a substandard operating system on which it relies.

Hells bells, you of all people should know it is temporary accommodation
when someone builds a house of straw on a beach of moving sand.

Meanwhile, you should do something about your usenet mail software and
stop telling people Google made it happen.

It's all Google's fault. Microsoft is as innocent and pure as the wind
driven snow.

Bahahahaha, as pure as the wind that blows from my arse!

Are you paying for your newsreader - eternal-september?

No.

JS.
Old March 18th 11, 06:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Edward Dolan

"James" wrote in message
Edward Dolan wrote:

[...]
But hard to argue with facts, don't you think?

I did not dispute that it is prolific, but the reason why.

The reason why is that everything else is even worse.

Products need not be near perfect or even good to be successful.

But they can't be as bad as you imagine them to be either.

Ignorance is bliss. You don't know how imperfect Bill's fancy is until
you've looked elsewhere. Furthermore, IE9 will be just as woeful as all
it's predecessors, possibly more so.

Where the hell should I look? Apple? Linux?

Well, yes they are better whole operating systems, but you needn't go that
far to fix Bill's mail software problem. Your friend, Tom, has given you
an answer.

Linux is an abomination. Only geeks would ever bother with it.

Some postings I get from Google Groups are fine, others aren't. I am
convinced that the problem lies with those who are using Google Groups, not
with my Windows Mail. I will admit that Tom Sherman knows one hell of a lot
about this computer ****.

Just wait and see how quickly they run to stick on the bandaids.

All Internet browsers continually and constantly need band aids. Things
might improve if we would put hackers into prison for 20 years for even a
single offense.

IE has more than its fair share, partly because of substandard
development, and then a substandard operating system on which it relies.

IE 9 is getting very good reviews. I suspect you are still thinking of IE 6.
Windows Vista and Windows 7 are great improvements on Windows XP. You need
to get up to date.

Hells bells, you of all people should know it is temporary accommodation
when someone builds a house of straw on a beach of moving sand.

I am not much enamored by any of this computer **** if truth be told. I
consider it all a seriously flawed technology.

Meanwhile, you should do something about your usenet mail software and
stop telling people Google made it happen.

It's all Google's fault. Microsoft is as innocent and pure as the wind
driven snow.

Bahahahaha, as pure as the wind that blows from my arse!

Do you mean ass?

Are you paying for your newsreader - eternal-september?

No.

Then why the hell isn't everyone using it instead of Google Groups?

Old March 18th 11, 07:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Michael Press

Default OT - Yakhont and Moskit

In article ,
Tºm Shermªn™ °_° " wrote:

On 3/17/2011 3:25 PM, Michael Press wrote:
In ,
Tºm Shermªn™ " wrote:

On 3/16/2011 10:08 PM, Michael Press wrote:

Nothing wrong with pipe bands---but I am a big fan
of military ordinance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nY6nm-6eCzM

But can it react fast enough to target the Yakhont and Moskit? Bomb
Iran and find out.

There is a counter-measure for each measure.
How much bombing do you think I should do, and
what do you have against Iran?

Mr. Press deliberately misses the point by being pedantic.

Oh? What am I teaching you?

--
Michael Press
Old March 18th 11, 12:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Tºm Shermªn™ °_°[_2_]

On 3/18/2011 2:27 AM, Michael Press wrote:

Tºm Shermªn™ " wrote:

On 3/16/2011 10:08 PM, Michael Press wrote:

Nothing wrong with pipe bands---but I am a big fan
of military ordinance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nY6nm-6eCzM

But can it react fast enough to target the Yakhont and Moskit? Bomb
Iran and find out.

There is a counter-measure for each measure.
How much bombing do you think I should do, and
what do you have against Iran?

Mr. Press deliberately misses the point by being pedantic.

Oh? What am I teaching you?

Nothing useful.

Old March 18th 11, 06:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Michael Press

Tºm Shermªn™ " wrote:

On 3/16/2011 10:08 PM, Michael Press wrote:

Nothing wrong with pipe bands---but I am a big fan
of military ordinance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nY6nm-6eCzM

But can it react fast enough to target the Yakhont and Moskit? Bomb
Iran and find out.

There is a counter-measure for each measure.
How much bombing do you think I should do, and
what do you have against Iran?

Mr. Press deliberately misses the point by being pedantic.

Oh? What am I teaching you?

Nothing useful.

But what? I am not aware of teaching or attempting
to teach you anything.

Also, you have not said what you have against Iran
that you want to bomb them.

--
Michael Press
Old March 19th 11, 03:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Tºm Shermªn™ °_°[_2_]

On 3/17/2011 11:34 PM, Edward Dolan wrote:
"T�m Sherm�nT " wrote in
message ...
On 3/17/2011 10:30 PM, Edward Dolan wrote:
[...]
Only to musicologists, not to the general concert going public. Program
an
all Bach or an all Handel concert and no one will come. Only the
musicians
will be happy![...]

Only of the very best evenings of my life was an all Bach and Handel
concert by Trevor Pinnock and The English Consort.

That was a small chamber group, not a major symphony orchestra. Next you
will be telling me that you approve of Helmuth Rilling and his unending Bach
performances in various churches and cathedrals. The Germans are dogged if
nothing else.

The world is a better place due to people such as Helmuth Rilling.

I was once in a rather large record store which had the complete cantatas of
Bach on a top shelf. These were LP albums. I noted that the shelf was
sagging badly under all that weight. I made sure I stayed well out from
under for fear it might collapse on me and put my Beethoven loving days to a
quick end.

LOL!