even on a bicycle ng?

Old August 28th 04, 09:28 PM
Tom Keats

In article ,
David Reuteler writes:
Tom Keats wrote:
Because we human beans are lousy communicators.

bah, you hold the bar too high. we are, i'm afraid, best in class & it's a
pretty big class, too. that blood soaked sponge on top of your neck is
dedicated in no small part to communication.

And then we come up with signs that say: 'Bicycles Stop for Green'.

pity we don't choose to communicate better things, eh?

At least we have television to use as a dumping ground
for our worst things to communicate.

me? i soaked up a six pack of guinness last nite.

Sounds good to me. I like Guinness too. It always
makes me crave grilled cheese sandwiches, though --
with a little spread of Marmite and a light dusting
of garlic powder on top.

cheers,
Tom

--
-- Nothing is safe from me.
Above address is just a spam midden.

Old August 28th 04, 10:22 PM
Tom Keats

In article ,
"Eric S. Sande" writes:

And I don't want to hear any whining, either.

It's raining here right now, and I'm going to go for
a pleasure ride despite the weather. I'm just trying
to figure out somewhere to go. On second thought, I'll
do that once I'm under way.

cheers,
Tom

Old August 28th 04, 11:13 PM
Eric S. Sande

And I don't want to hear any whining, either.

It's raining here right now, and I'm going to go for a pleasure
ride despite the weather. I'm just trying to figure out somewhere
to go. On second thought, I'll do that once I'm under way.

Don't knock yourself out. What do you as a Canadian think of Kerry's
chances?

--

_______________________ALL AMIGA IN MY MIND_______________________
------------------"Buddy Holly, the Texas Elvis"------------------

Old August 28th 04, 11:29 PM
Chalo

"S o r n i" wrote:

fred wrote:
I have been lurking here for a while trying to glean some useful
iformation. There is some but there is also a heck of a lot of flame
here. It seems in this devisive political landscape even a bicycle
newsgroup is not safe. It is so sad that so many people are unable to
function without trying to impose their narrow veiw on everyone else
as if they have a monopoly on perspective. Can we be cilvil? Can we
keep it on point? Please? If you dont have anything constructive to
say take it over to some poiltical NG. Thanks. -The Management

...and the horse you rode in on, FRED!

Bill "poiltical (sic) scmoitical" S.

Don't forget "iformation", "devisive", "veiw", and "cilvil". Quite a
lineup for such a small posting. If Fred is as detail-oriented in
argument as he is in spelling, maybe that's whay he eschews
contentious discussions.

Normally I leave folks' spelling and usage foibles alone, but wow!,
this one's AOL-quality, epecially for someone who's presumptuous
enough fault a perceived shortcoming of this newsgroup.

Chalo Colina
"not the management"

Old August 29th 04, 12:00 AM
Eric S. Sande

Normally I leave folks' spelling and usage foibles alone, but wow!,
this one's AOL-quality, epecially for someone who's presumptuous
enough fault a perceived shortcoming of this newsgroup.

I prefer to believe that most posters simply attempt to express
themselves, leaving exposition to others.

--

------------------"Buddy Holly, the Texas Elvis"------------------