Carbon fiber bikes

Old September 18th 05, 10:29 PM
Chris Zacho The Wheelman

Default Carbon fiber bikes

Do the ones with CF components as well as the frame make the bike
invisible to police radar?

Would a CF helmet and black clothes help?

;-3)

- -

"May you have the winds at your back,
And a really low gear for the hills!"

Chris'Z Corner
http://www.geocities.com/czcorner

Old September 19th 05, 02:42 AM
Michael Warner

On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 17:29:40 -0400, Chris Zacho "The Wheelman" wrote:

Do the ones with CF components as well as the frame make the bike
invisible to police radar?

Would a CF helmet and black clothes help?

They'd help to make you invisible to drivers, at least. It's up to
you whether you think that's a good idea :-)

Old September 20th 05, 08:24 PM
Roger Zoul

Michael Warner wrote:
:: On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 17:29:40 -0400, Chris Zacho "The Wheelman" wrote:
::
::: Do the ones with CF components as well as the frame make the bike
::: invisible to police radar?

Probably not a whole lot more than a normal bike would be. They are pretty
low in cross-section.

:::
::: Would a CF helmet and black clothes help?
::
:: They'd help to make you invisible to drivers, at least. It's up to
:: you whether you think that's a good idea :-)
::
:: --
:: Home page: http://members.westnet.com.au/mvw

Old September 20th 05, 08:35 PM
Ken M

invisible to police radar?

Here is the real secret to stealth:
http://agitprop.org.au/stopnato/19990714stealth.php

According to this it has a lot to do with the paint.

Ken

Old September 20th 05, 10:18 PM
Chess Freak

Yes, the other day I was doing 110 mph on my Roubaix in downtown
Palo Alto, right through a speed trap. Cops never even saw me.

Oh, wait, it was 110 mph because I had on 5 spoke magnets.

Old September 21st 05, 02:05 AM
Chris Zacho The Wheelman

(Ken*M) wrote in response to my sarcastic post:

Here is the real secret to stealth:
http://agitprop.org.au/stopnato/19990714stealth.php

According to this it has a lot to do with
the paint.

Ken

Actually, the main contributor is the shape, with most of the surfaces
angled to reflect the signal in a direction away from the sending
antenna/dish. This was the reason for choosing the flying wing
configuration, as this phenomenon was very apparent in tests with early
wings, both here, with Jack Northrop's designs, as well as in Germany.
The radar absorbancy of both the carbon fiber and the special paint is
mainlt to "soak up" the rest.

In fact, Hitler had plans back then to build a bomber with these early
stealth properties and the long range offered by the flying wing design
in conjunction with the atom bomb (then under research in Germany as
well) to conduct attacks on the US.

Chris "Mr. Wizard" Zacho

- -

Old September 21st 05, 12:01 PM
Ken M

In fact, Hitler had plans back then to build a bomber with these early
stealth properties and the long range offered by the flying wing design

in conjunction with the atom bomb (then under research in Germany as
well) to conduct attacks on the US

Yeah I was watching something on the history channel about that. And
what was really scarey was how close both germany and japan were to
building nukes, and again I watched something on the history channel
that claimed japan actually tested one just weeks before we bombed
Hiroshima.

Ken