why is this so cheap?

Old February 11th 07, 02:02 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
fred_oakley

Default why is this so cheap?

So would you actually recommend the 29er? (the Nimbus one)

--
fred_oakley
fred_oakley's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13150

Old February 11th 07, 02:05 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Chris.James

mmmm depends on your budget really

--
Chris.James

"Thats my favorite thing about unicycling, I can eat oreos while
riding!" ~Me

"Darwin was once of the greatest minds of our time!...Then why is he
making out with Satan?" ~The Simpsons

"I'm riding a unicycle with my pants down...this should be every boy's
dream!"~Bart Simpson
Chris.James's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14072

Old February 11th 07, 02:05 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
UniTyler

fred_oakley wrote:
So would you actually recommend the 29er? (the Nimbus one)

The Nimbus with a Big Apple tire would totally work, but get pinned
pedals for sure.

The 36 would most definitely be faster, though, even with the 150s.
And, unlike what the previous dude said, 150s really aren't too long
for road riding, although you may want to upgrade to 140s or 125s
later.

--
UniTyler
UniTyler's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6120

Old February 11th 07, 03:29 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
uniredneck

Hey, I know of one guy who is quite a large guy (bout 260 pounds) and he
has one of the Sun 28" unicycles. The Nimbus is a higher quality, but
from the sounds of it people are saying you will be replacing the wheel
either way. If you are doing only road, especially for your weight,
either will do fine for you now. If you have the finances, I would go
with the Nimbus. The Torker AX 28" is going to be a great road Uni,
but if you ever wanted to ride MUni, it just doesn't have the clearance
for a knobby tire.

--
uniredneck

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, than to take rank with those
poor, timid spirits who know neither victory nor defeat." - Theodore
Roosevelt

onewheelinwierdo wrote:
Thing #9: Do unicycles, not drugs.....

uniredneck's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13931

Old February 11th 07, 09:54 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skilewis74

uniredneck wrote:
The Torker AX 28" is going to be a great road Uni, but if you ever
wanted to ride MUni, it just doesn't have the clearance for a knobby
tire.

I'm sure a 2.1 nobby would clear and probably more. We'll see

--
skilewis74

Old February 11th 07, 04:05 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skrobo

i don't suggest getting it.
my friend got it and the hub came disconnected from the flanges.
everything else is fine. the seatclamp works, you don't need a new one.

--
skrobo

Unicycle For Christ

-last edited by \"elvisunifreak\" at 8:35 pm -
skrobo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12272

Old February 11th 07, 05:16 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unipsychler

I have several different Sun unicycles and in my opinion they are
excellent entry level unicycles. Their inexpensive but they ride well.
For advanced riding it may be necessary to upgrade the Sun, as others
have suggested, or buy a more robust unicycle for the particular style
of riding you'er interested in. Before I purchased my 36'er I was
riding a modified 28" Sun which I have a couple thousand road miles on
with no problems. I have also seen on some brand new Sun's that the
crank spindle slips inside the flange when more than average torque is
placed on the pedals. Whoever you buy from should replace the unicycle
if this happens.

--
unipsychler

Interested in learning to ride the unicycle QUICKLY AND SAFELY? Or how
about getting one of the coolest uni t-shirts around? Check out my
website at www.ridetheunicycle.com
unipsychler's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9338

Old February 11th 07, 06:31 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
fred_oakley

Does anyone know about how much the new Torker will cost? I could go
with that, or maybe get the Sun with a pair of shorter cranks...

Also, In terms of budget... I don't really have any money, haha. But I
do have a Birthday coming up.