Vetta Saddles??

Old October 30th 09, 11:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace
Wild Bill

Default Vetta Saddles??

I have been looking high and low for a vintage Vetta bike saddle. I know
Vetta is no longer in the saddle business, but perhaps someone here knows
where I may find one

Old October 31st 09, 04:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace
Tom Kunich

"Wild Bill" wrote in message

Well, I really appreciate your input, Tom! However, none of these look
like the saddle I'm after. The last one I owned was back in 1996. I
stupidly sold it with the bike after a long tour from CA. to Alaska and
back. It was the most comfortable saddle ever, and I've not seen one
anywhere since. If you have more sources, by all means share them with
me...one of them just might be it! Thanks again,

Have you tried a Selle San Marco Rolls? It's very similar to the Vetta men's
racing saddles. And if memory serves, Vetta was made by Selle Italia so
perhaps they have a saddle that would be close to what you're looking for.

Old November 24th 09, 10:36 AM posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace
spincircles[_2_]

On Oct 30, 11:50*pm, "Tom Kunich" wrote:
"Wild Bill" wrote in message

Well, I really appreciate your input, Tom! However, none of these look
like the saddle I'm after. The last one I owned was back in 1996. I
stupidly sold it with the bike after a long tour from CA. to Alaska and
back. It was the most comfortable saddle ever, and I've not seen one
anywhere since. If you have more sources, by all means share them with
me...one of them just might be it! Thanks again,

Have you tried a Selle San Marco Rolls? It's very similar to the Vetta men's
racing saddles. And if memory serves, Vetta was made by Selle Italia so
perhaps they have a saddle that would be close to what you're looking for..

Pehaps you are looking for that REALLY firm vetta saddle, as sold in
the 80's, often with a suede cover? Have not seen any for years.
These had a lot of curve in them, unlike the San Marco Rolls, which is
nearly flat. The San Marco Regal always looked like it had a similar
shape to me, like those old Vetta's.

I suspect the NOS Mundialita saddle offered today on ebay are nearly
the same. Search ebay for "Mundialita saddle" I have a vinyl
Mundialita that is JUST like the old, curvy Vetta saddles. They are
NOT cheap!

Pat Smith