The Old Guy clears a SIX SET!

Old February 11th 07, 06:33 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mawesome

Default The Old Guy clears a SIX SET!

Never say never.

--
mawesome

MrBoogiejuice wrote:
I walked into B&Q at lunchtime and some old guy dressed in orange asked
me if I wanted decking. Fortunately, I got the first punch in and that
was the end of that.

mawesome's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11724

Old February 11th 07, 09:51 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skilewis74

Congrats!

Myself I can't imagin jumping down a set but I have had dreams about
riding down a series of sets of stairs to the subway in Boston where my
Mom lives. There are 12 sets of 12 stairs for 144 with about 8-10 feet
between each set. I've also dreamt of hopping up all 144 w/o a rest or
UPD.

zfreak220 wrote:
nah, you have to go by tens now, i wanna see you do a 16 set.

hahahaha

--
skilewis74

Old February 11th 07, 09:59 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

skilewis74 wrote:
Congrats!

Myself I can't imagin jumping down a set but I have had dreams about
riding down a series of sets of stairs to the subway in Boston where my
Mom lives. There are 12 sets of 12 stairs for 144 with about 8-10 feet
between each set. I've also dreamt of hopping up all 144 w/o a rest or
UPD.

hahahaha

Funny you mention that! There's a house close by with a wooden staircase
facing the street, stretching all the way down and there has to be at
least 150 stairs or maybe more! I'm gonna ask the homeowner if I can
hop all the way up in one go!

--
MuniAddict

"There is an -idea-, of a Patrick Bateman"

My Videos: http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=ttt8699

Old February 11th 07, 10:03 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skilewis74

MuniAddict wrote:
Funny you mention that! There's a house close by with a wooden staircase
facing the street, stretching all the way down and there has to be at
least 150 stairs or maybe more! I'm gonna ask the homeowner if I can
hop all the way up in one go!

Man you're up late! I'm at a party and boared.

I'd say definately do it on your trials. Lower speed and hight UPD's.
Plus just plain better control.

--
skilewis74

Old February 11th 07, 10:08 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

Here's a few snapshots of the set. the first two only show *part* of
it,and the third one shows the whole set, but to fit it all in view
it's really far away! If it looks almost straight down, that's because
it is!!!

|Filename: longset.jpg |

Old February 11th 07, 10:08 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

2nd shot...that's only about HALF of it!

|Filename: longset2.jpg |

Old February 11th 07, 10:09 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

entire set! it's waaay in the background...see it?

|Filename: long3.jpg |

Old February 11th 07, 10:15 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skilewis74

MuniAddict wrote:
entire set! it's waaay in the background...see it?

Dam! That would be tough to do all in one shot! You'd need lots of
endurance.

Then again maybee your KH with it's break 165's and a slightly lower
seat hieght, etc.

--
skilewis74

Old February 11th 07, 10:20 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

skilewis74 wrote:
Dam! That would be tough to do all in one shot! You'd need lots of
endurance.

Then again maybee your KH with it's break 165's and a slightly lower
seat hieght, etc.

I'd probably try it first on my trials and just do a step at a time, but
with no pauses or set up hops in between. I figure 2 per second would
get me up about 120 steps per minute. Yeah, helluvan endurance
test! Whoa Sh##t! It's almost 2:30 am!!! I gotta hit the hay...cya
laters...

Old February 11th 07, 10:53 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
thejdw

forrestunifreak wrote:
My highest is only a 7, and I just did it once. There aren't many stairs
around here.

Same I haven't got any stairs to try to ride down

--
thejdw

dunawan wrote:
why are koxx one unicycles so costly???
forrestunifreak wrote:
They are expensive because they use only the finest soft drink cans.

thejdw's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13230