Schlumpf uni on udc, why so expensive?

Old February 11th 07, 08:18 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Spencer Hochberg

Default Schlumpf uni on udc, why so expensive?

'link' (http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=996)
They are selling it for $1,995, on the schlumpf website it is on there
for 1150EUR which converts to about $1500 US. If I remember right Kris
said the new KH/Schlumpf geared munis will be around $1600.

Why did UDC raise the price up $500?

--
Spencer Hochberg

'BC wheel movie.'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56195) Watch
it.
'Bedford Unicycles' (http://BedfordUnicycles.ca)
AIM: SpencerHochberg
Email: Litldude2 (at) aol (dot) com

Cody keeps messing with my sig line...
Spencer Hochberg's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12659

Old February 11th 07, 08:22 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
zfreak220

obviously you didn't see the unicycle.com sticker they put on it.

--
zfreak220

iridemymuni wrote:
i think everybody agrees when i say you lucky son of a bitch

howdigetsogood wrote:
man i used to think scooters were totally lame, but after that 'video'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=57071), oh wait
nevermind i still do.

zfreak220's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11948

Old February 11th 07, 08:26 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
onetrack

Maybe it has to do with the "Gear ration"

--
onetrack

"People over here have a dangerous habit of adding quotes to signature
lines."
-Klaas Bil

I pulled a sick trey varial hickflip over an 8 set yesterday, but
unfortunately it was supposed to be seat in to seat out. I've named it
the dioflip
onetrack's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6374

Old February 11th 07, 08:26 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
onelesscar

based on the description, I would assume it's because on schlumpf's
website they have both the preassembled unis and just the
frame/hub/cranks. My guess is that UDC buys the frame/hub/cranks and
adds all their own components and gets a Kovachi wheelbuild or
something.

apparently UDC thinks the parts they build it up with are $495 better
than the parts schlumpf builds it up with, though I think that's
unlikely.

--
onelesscar

"my bounty is as boundless as the sea
my love as deep
the more i give to thee the more i have
for both are endless"
onelesscar's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11127

Old February 11th 07, 08:38 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
kington99

Doesn't import taxs and shipping come in to this somewhere? In the UK
they're £890 ($1735) The description does mention "Please note: We
build this cycle to your specification. Please call before ordering to
check for delivery times. This is a custom order." and it does have a
KH rim and other tasty bits that could add some cost over the modle
schlumpf sell.

--
kington99

Dave

Old February 11th 07, 08:46 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
onetrack

onelesscar wrote:
based on the description, I would assume it's because on schlumpf's
website they have both the preassembled unis and just the
frame/hub/cranks. My guess is that UDC buys the frame/hub/cranks and
adds all their own components and gets a Kovachi wheelbuild or
something.

Which part of the description alludes to that?

Even if that where the case, no seat, pedals, and rim/spoke/labor end
of a wheel build combo is worth 500$. These kinds of markups are really
unfair to the manufacturers.

Old February 11th 07, 09:06 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skianduniaddict

the prices r in swiss francs

--
skianduniaddict

unifreak7 wrote:
IT makes me mad how skianduniaddict is so much better than me at
street.
-Shaun JOhanneson

unifreak7 wrote:
skianduniaddict kicks my ass at street
-Shaun JOhanneson

skianduniaddict's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11868

Old February 11th 07, 09:27 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Spencer Hochberg

skianduniaddict wrote:
the prices r in swiss francs

Old February 11th 07, 09:28 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skianduniaddict

oh francs r on there too

--
skianduniaddict

unifreak7 wrote:
skianduniaddict kicks my ass at street
-Shaun JOhanneson

skianduniaddict's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11868

Schlumpf technique? joemarshall Unicycling 12 May 11th 06 07:56 AM
Schlumpf 36 siafirede Unicycling 28 December 6th 05 06:27 AM
Coker, Schlumpf 29er, or Schlumpf 36er siafirede Unicycling 9 November 11th 05 11:37 PM
Schlumpf Geared Uni. oxfordrider Unicycling 22 April 27th 05 08:29 PM
Schlumpf Geared Uni?! glopal Unicycling 3 March 7th 05 09:58 AM