Any unicyclists in the Macy's parade this year?

Old December 5th 08, 05:39 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mornish

Default Any unicyclists in the Macy's parade this year?

blueharmony;1143339 wrote:
How do you mount you giraffes if you fall during a parade? I was on a
5-footer in Seattle and had to climb a "No Parking" sign to get back on
after hitting a grate. I can't imagine doing that on the higher ones!

catapult mount?

--
mornish

email: mornish at gmail dot com
'The National Dept Clock' (http://www.brillig.com/debt_clock/)
'definitely' (http://d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y.com/)
'California Mountain Unicycle Weekend 2008'
(http://www.unicycling.com/muni/2008/)
Old December 5th 08, 01:15 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
KathySusanka

Ben, you could have joined us..... It was one of the longer parades
that we do and we did circle A LOT because of the commercials but
otherwise it moved pretty good. When a parade stops, it gives the riders
juggling and jumping rope a chance to show off a bit more.

blueharmony;1143339 wrote:
How do you mount you giraffes if you fall during a parade? I was on a
5-footer in Seattle and had to climb a "No Parking" sign to get back on
after hitting a grate. I can't imagine doing that on the higher ones!

Amazingly enough, the tall giraffes seldom come down. IF they do, they
use the same method to remount. Someone from our unit will help hold the
uni against a pole or sign and the rider will climb back up. I did once
ask a large guy watching the parade to help me help my daughter back up
on a six footer because there were no poles around but that was a rare
occurance.

--
KathySusanka

The rabbit died!
Old December 5th 08, 11:29 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
BillyTheMountain

johnfoss;1141162 wrote:
do the folks in Seattle also call it the "Macy's Day Parade?" That's a
common name people use (though not Macy's) in NY...

They've actually changed the name of the holiday here to Macy's Day,
when everyone has turkey for their Macy's Day dinner.

--
BillyTheMountain

All the lower animals are Atheist, which proves reason actually has
nothing to do with Atheism.-Raphael

Rocks are atheists, air is an atheist.-DisgruntledDave
"you had no faith to lose to begin with" Bob Dylan sang these words to
my dog

Unicyclists for Los Angeles Area parade teachndad Unicycling 1 October 31st 07 01:49 PM
OC Parade adambrody85 Unicycling 0 March 2nd 07 06:15 PM
Macy's Parade - Unicycling Video Clip cowan Unicycling 10 November 26th 05 02:29 AM
Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade KcTheAcy Unicycling 23 November 24th 05 06:06 PM
??? about Macy's Parade and Uni bugman Unicycling 3 December 1st 03 10:00 PM