How to use unicycling to fight childhood obesity

Old December 6th 08, 02:29 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
fluxusmaximus

Default How to use unicycling to fight childhood obesity

This is in reference to the topic.

In Singapore schools, there's a program that identifies kids who're
above average weight and makes them take up additional fitness classes.
A few friends and I were engaged for a period of time to teach
unicycling to them at this particular school.

We've never had before and after weights so we aren't sure what the
effect is but I will say that unicycling's probably more interesting
than say running loops round the field.

--
fluxusmaximus

Old December 6th 08, 04:31 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
idiorythmic

thejdw;1143864 wrote:
I wouldn't say that kids those kids had weight related problems, I
wouldn't worry about obesity.

You fight obesity before it occurs, by instilling good habits, a
healthy lifestyle...or so I believe.

--
idiorythmic
Old December 6th 08, 06:02 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
JustOneWheel

Rowan;1143975 wrote:
I've thought about cutting down a 12" to allow shorter and younger
riders to learn, maybe one day when I have another 12" I will do it
(I've only got 2).

What's a Uni-Trainer?

Stop by justonewheel.com and click on the Uni-Trainer link.

Cutting down a 12" allowed me to get 5, 2yr olds to reach the pedals.

Have fun on ONE!!!

--
JustOneWheel

HAVE FUN ON _ONE_!
justonewheel.com
Old December 6th 08, 04:25 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
boisei

This from last Summer. At this point we were still just getting used to
the unicycle. Now that her feet can reach the pedals and she likes to
"ride" on it I think I can start moving toward the idea of balance. She
also likes to show us how she can stand on one foot, so there's already
an idea of balance there to work from.

|Filename: teaching.jpg |

boisei