Dan Heaton commercial for Columbia

Old September 22nd 08, 03:28 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
beeper

Default Dan Heaton commercial for Columbia

uni man 22 wrote:
i havent seen it on tv yet but i saw it on my computer and it was supper
B.A.
but i thought that kriss holm was the pioneer for Muni

He was. When he said off road unicycling, I'm sure he meant street and
trials as well.

Its 10 times cooler when you see it on your TV. It really is. I saw
it on my computer, and watching TV at random, it just came at me, and I
was so in shock. It was like Christmas, only I got something good.

--
beeper

)-90'-UNISPIN-O

'SixSixOne' (SixSixOne.com)
Old September 22nd 08, 03:56 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Unitik908

it is pretty sweet, but it said he invented mountain unicycling... which
isn't really true.

i just read the above posts, and if you wanna get technical, george
peck was unicycling up rocky hills when kris holm was but a wee lad.

Chase

--
Unitik908

All hail the exhaulted Sigpoose, for he is forever king...
R.I.P Unibiker
R.I.P Gazzaloddi
R.I.P Paul Hester
R.I.P James Doohan
R.I.P Mitch Hedberg
R.I.P Peter Jennings
R.I.P Pope John Paul II
R.I.P James_Potters_Cat
YAMS

-last edited by the dave and sigpoose on 2005-09-05 at 08:56 pm -
Old September 22nd 08, 05:42 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
laxguy92

the commercial was really cool... Dan Heaton is simply amazing! its
also good to see the sport getting some more publicity

--
laxguy92
Old September 22nd 08, 02:15 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Brian O.

Unitik908 wrote:
i just read the above posts, and if you wanna get technical, george peck
was unicycling up rocky hills when kris holm was but a wee lad.

The commercial would have been dumb if he just started spouting off
random crap about george peck and other old people, it makes it all the
more interesting for him to say he pioneered the sport, which he
definitely did, he just wasn't the very first person to do it. Frankly
I doubt George Peck was the first person to ride a unicycle off road as
well, he was just the first one to advertise it. Dan took it the point
where it could become mainstream with his movies.

--
Brian O.

*'ProjectUNI' (http://www.projectuni.com) - *3D Unicycle Computer Game**
- Follow the 'progress.' (http://www.projectuni.com)

*'Get cool unicycle posters, pins and more!'
(http://www.zazzle.com/BrianOleyUni*)* All products are my personal
photography. *Six* items so far and more to come!
Old September 22nd 08, 02:20 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
hobo_chuck

Dan Heaton has never done a 360 unispin on flat. He learned them down a
6 set.

--
hobo_chuck
Old September 22nd 08, 06:07 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
johnfoss

Brian O. wrote:
...it makes it all the more interesting for him to say he pioneered the
sport, which he definitely did, he just wasn't the very first person to
do it.

That's right. But what Dan pioneered was Street unicycling. If you ask
me, Dan invented Street. But that's too hard to explain, so it looks
like they're saying he invented or pioneered MUni. But they don't
actually say that either. And he really is one of the pioneers of
"extreme unicycling," with Universe 1 as the primary example/evidence.

Frankly I doubt George Peck was the first person to ride a unicycle off
road as well, he was just the first one to advertise it.

History time:
George wasn't the first to advertise it either. The first person to
ride a unicycle offroad probably did it about 130 years ago. Back then,
there weren't even that many paved roads, though dirt roads wouldn't
count in my book. Surely some early unicyclists rode them on trails,
across fields, etc.

I think George Peck was the first person to make a full-length video
about mountain unicycling, and it was very inspiring. Plus he made many
other contributions as the guy to look toward for a world getting
interested in dirt riding. The earliest "advertisement" of offroad
unicycling I know of is a 1981 article in the Unicycling Society of
America Newsletter, titled U.M.X.

hobo_chuck wrote:
Dan Heaton has never done a 360 unispin on flat. He learned them down a
6 set.

Are you supposed to be some kind of Dan Heaton expert? Before anyone
thought of doing scary tricks down stair sets, I'm pretty sure Dan was
filming himself doing 360s and harder tricks, some of which are shown
in Universe 1. I'm guessing you haven't seen it?

Unless you meant something other than a 360 Unispin. If you meant
rotating 360 degrees *with the unicycle,* I was there for that one. It
was on a downhill section with a little root bump/jump in it on a trail
near the infamous Mailboxes trail in Santa Cruz. This was probably in
1999 or 2000, I think the same day that some of the Universe 1 Santa
Cruz footage was filmed. Yup, there was a lot of history in that video
as well!

--
johnfoss

John Foss

Man with broken collar bone say: "Have you checked your shoelaces
lately?"
Old September 22nd 08, 10:09 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
David_Stone

I was fortunate enough to see the commercial last week on TV. Can you
say "TiVo"? I'm so psyched that I didn't miss it. I think it was on
during the Daily Show.

--
David_Stone

Dictator for Life,
NYUC

Check out my blog (or else):
http://newyorkunicycle.blogspot.com/
Old September 22nd 08, 11:10 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Bondo

Dan Heaton does not do uni-spins, Dan Heaton just jumps up and the earth
spins beneath him.

If you have five dollars and Dan Heaton has five dollars, Dan Heaton
has more money than you.

Underneath Dan's unicycle is a bigger better unicycle.

Dan Heaton counted to infinity - twice.

--
Bondo

Apply Directly to a Unicycle.

'w00tni|iciou$n3s$Rof1iwins'
(http://tinyurl.com/5fcdr2)
Old September 22nd 08, 11:46 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
hobo_chuck

Bondo wrote:
Dan Heaton does not do uni-spins, Dan Heaton just jumps up and the earth
spins beneath him.

Yup, you got the idea.

If you could capture the power behind one of Dan Heaton's rolling hops,
it could generate enough electricity to light the entire state of Texas
for half an hour.

--
hobo_chuck
Old September 22nd 08, 11:56 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Any Terrain

Bondo wrote:
Dan Heaton does not do uni-spins, Dan Heaton just jumps up and the earth
spins beneath him.

If you have a *million* dollars and Dan Heaton has five dollars, Dan
Heaton has more money than you.

Underneath Dan's unicycle is a bigger better unicycle.

Dan Heaton counted to infinity - *infinate times*.

Fixed

--
Any Terrain

2nd Place*)---SuperWrap-'O,*

'The Great Chicago Meet-up Thread'

Columbia for Lance billb Racing 16 September 11th 08 03:04 PM
Dan Heaton Columbia Commercial!!! UniDudeDX Unicycling 2 August 29th 08 07:25 PM
San Andres, Columbia [email protected] General 3 December 26th 07 12:51 PM
Tour of Columbia [email protected] Racing 2 August 13th 07 08:15 AM
Riding the Columbia River [email protected] Rides 12 May 27th 06 07:53 PM