3-speed Unicycle

Old December 3rd 08, 09:40 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
olduniman

Default 3-speed Unicycle

poofengle;1142044 wrote:
Here's some pictures of a custom built 10 speed unicycle, and 'here'
(http://tinyurl.com/64dqlb)'s a link to the page I found it on
Pretty neat eh?

Does anyone know if it is still for sale and who owns it? The Craig's
List link has expired.

--
olduniman

+++++++++
Bob
Old December 3rd 08, 10:01 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniSano

If one could construct, out of fiberglass or some like material, a cover
to "hide and protect" all that metal it would be so much better. I'd
hate to have my baggy shorts get caught in some metal bit there at high
speed! Ouch!

--
MuniSano
Old December 7th 08, 11:39 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
bungeejoe

eenwieler-sander;1142200 wrote:
the sturmey archer is not the best hub to make fixed because the gearing
system needs the freewheel to change gears

Two years ago I had a SRAM/SACHS T3 converted by Graham Webster. Put
it on a five foot giraffe. It has the free wheel locked up so there are
only two speeds, high and low gear. Up to about half a turn freeplay
when you shift. About 5 degrees of gear lash and chain slack when
locked in gear. It is a hoot to ride.

jm

--
bungeejoe