How Do I Get My Rollo Disks On?

Old December 4th 08, 09:14 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
timekeeper

Default How Do I Get My Rollo Disks On?

I can't install the rollos on my '07 KH due to the spacers being too
wide between bearing and crank arm. Try removing them. Even having
done that the axle bolt barely goes in maybe like 3-4 revolutions and it
feels really sketchy. I honestly think the Rollos need revision and UDC
should ship them with longer bolts.

--
timekeeper
Old December 4th 08, 09:14 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jeremy R

You cant install them untill you take pics

--
Jeremy R

'_*BRING_ROUNDCROWNS_BACK!*_'
(http://unicycle.uk.com/Images/Shop/framecoloured1.jpg)
'661' (http://www.sixsixone.com/)
'MountainUni' (http://www.mountainuni.com/splash.asp)
spam ban kaboom - Gilby
Old December 4th 08, 09:50 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
timekeeper

Alright I took some pictures. The difference is huge if your spacers
are indeed too wide. Make sure you tighten your cranks up a lot if you
removed the spacers.

I did my best to use the tire as a reference to avoid parallax.

Picture 1 is without the spacer
Picture 2 is with
Picture 3 is on my Nimbus hub
Picture 4 is my ridiculously large spacers.. ~7mm

|Filename: PC040263.jpg |

timekeeper
Old December 4th 08, 10:07 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Smilymarco

http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74648

--
Smilymarco

'Municycle.com' (http://www.municycle.com)
Lesen - Denken - Posten
Old December 5th 08, 06:01 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Harley

Smilymarco;1143154 wrote:
http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74648

As Kris has weighed in on this it sounds as though there is a concern
bolt length.

I just spoke with my LBS and asked the owner about ISIS crank bolts.

Generally speaking there are two different diameters of bolts for ISIS
cranks.

The smaller diameter ones are longer (than the larger diameter ones)
and are used for high strength applications (i.e. KH unicycles and
higher end trials / BMX etc bikes)

In each of the two diameters there are two different lengths
available.

As I mentioned earlier I have seen the two different lengths being used
on KH ISIS cranks and have the longer of the two installed on my 07 KH
24. The question remains as to whether or not the longer bolt is long
enough to include the application of the rollos or whether a completly
new length bolt will need to be obtained / manufactured

Foforackard has indicated that UDC only has one length of bolt in stock
(long or short?)

My LBS also mentioned that you would not likely have much luck
purchasing the proper bolt from other than a bike shop but who knows.

A word of caution metric size bolts. They do come in thread
configurations other than course & fine so be very cautious if you get a
bolt from other than a bike shop as it may damage the hub threads.

--
Harley

Always remember: With patience and perseverance you can **** a hole
through a rock.

Rollo-Discs Unisykolist Unicycling 5 December 5th 08 01:34 AM
How Do I Get My Rollo Disks On? wickedbob Unicycling 0 December 4th 08 04:01 AM
FS: Bianchi Rollo 22" [email protected] Marketplace 0 April 17th 05 04:02 PM
Cannondale's tests of disks and QRs James Annan Techniques 266 October 6th 04 07:31 PM
Rotors/Disks that won't warp? geemike Mountain Biking 3 September 17th 04 04:40 AM