Peace Themed Jerseys?

Old January 13th 04, 07:49 PM
Tom Kunich

Default Peace Themed Jerseys?

"William Paling" wrote in message
om...
Does anyone know where you can buy cycling jerseys with an anti-war or
anti-Bush theme?

Hey, here's a good idea - how about a Jersey with 1,000,000 on it and then
in fine print it can say, "it's Bush's fault that Saddam Hussein killed a
million Iraqi citizens using torture."

Seems like your kind of jersey.

Old January 13th 04, 09:47 PM
Rick Onanian

Default Trolling proliferation Was: Lies Finally Being Exposed On Several Topics

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 14:37:47 -0500, MP
wrote:
I don't really think rec.bicycles* is unique in that respect. I've
been seeing it on the chess newsgroups for years, and I expect even
gardeners, classical musical enthusiasts, and knitters get their share
of jerks.

Yes, but my question regards a recent surge in such traffic. Of
course, any given newsfroup gets a steady feed of trolls, but in the
last couple weeks, the traffic has multiplied by whole numbers.

Either that or it's an evil conspiracy by whoever you think conspires
evilly.

Ah! You've struck the truth...it's a big evil conspiracy by The
Machine to prod opinions and personal information out of all of us.
Don't feed the troll! You're only putting yourself deeper into The
Machine!

Time for me to get cosmetic surgery and a new identity. Seeya!

MP

--
Rick "Just kidding, BTW" Onanian
Old January 14th 04, 12:21 AM
BB

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 16:47:27 -0500, Rick Onanian wrote:

Yes, but my question regards a recent surge in such traffic.

A well-placed troll in a season of bad riding?

--
-BB-
To reply to me, drop the attitude (from my e-mail address, at least)
Old January 14th 04, 01:39 AM
Terry Morse

William Paling wrote:

Does anyone know where you can buy cycling jerseys with an
anti-war or anti-Bush theme?

There's a jersey with a generic peace message:

http://www.velowear.com/store/prod/301003.htm

Or the "ride for peace" message with a Woodstock-69 feel:

http://www.teamestrogen.com/products.asp?pID=8277

If those don't suit your fancy, you may have to settle for a cotton
tee:

http://www.sendatee.net/TOMJuneVBO.html
Old January 14th 04, 03:26 AM
Kurgan Gringioni

"Benjamin Weiner" wrote in message
Kurgan Gringioni wrote:

"Lindsay" wrote in message

Looks like Bill Clinton doesn't think that Bush lied or exaggerated.
Bill believes Saddam had WMD's right until the end.

Dumbass -

Who cares what BC thinks - read the last 2 paragraphs of your snippet:

Dumbass,

Why are you trying to engage in a rational argument about this
on Usenet? Just sit back and savor the irony: the same people
who used to call Clinton "Slick Willie," not to mention a
corrupter of the nation's moral character and a threat to our
national security, are now citing him as an authority on
Iraqi WMD, even though he hasn't gotten an intelligence briefing
in three years.

Dumbass -

You are correct.

I should not be trying to engage in a rational debate on usenet.

Old January 14th 04, 02:34 PM
Gman

Default OT Much? [was: Peace Themed Jerseys?]

On 5 Jan 2004 13:29:13 -0800, William Paling wrote:
Does anyone know where you can buy cycling jerseys with an anti-war or
anti-Bush theme?

Thanks,
Bill

Uh, I just read about 1/10th of this
thread... because I don't have all week.

It's great!

We don't get off topic much here at AMB do we! :-)

Gman
Old January 14th 04, 04:08 PM
Mojo Deluxe

"Gman" wrote in message
On 5 Jan 2004 13:29:13 -0800, William Paling wrote:
Does anyone know where you can buy cycling jerseys with an anti-war or
anti-Bush theme?

Thanks,
Bill

Uh, I just read about 1/10th of this
thread... because I don't have all week.

It's great!

We don't get off topic much here at AMB do we! :-)

It was a great troll. Generated over 400 post.

Old January 14th 04, 05:37 PM
gwhite

Benjamin Weiner wrote:

You shouldn't look for rationality in the current political climate
while the irony supply is at such a high.

Just the "current" one? hah hah.
Old January 14th 04, 08:10 PM
Jonesy

Gman wrote in message ...
On 5 Jan 2004 13:29:13 -0800, William Paling wrote:
Does anyone know where you can buy cycling jerseys with an anti-war or
anti-Bush theme?

Thanks,
Bill

Uh, I just read about 1/10th of this
thread... because I don't have all week.

It's great!

We don't get off topic much here at AMB do we! :-)

Hey, we put the alt. in a.m-b.
--
Jonesy
Old January 14th 04, 08:29 PM
Chris B.

Default Pain in the ass (was: Peace Themed Jerseys?)

wrote:

Does anyone know where you can buy cycling jerseys with an anti-war or
anti-Bush theme?

Try
www.goatse.cx

Uh Pete, something seems to be awry with your favourite site.

My sincerest condolences.