tri-oz-1st on ebay

Old March 16th 04, 09:00 AM
byron27

Default tri-oz-1st on ebay

Has anyone ordered anything from this company? They are based in the U
but they have some great deals on groupsets, frames, shoes, etc. Wha
is the delivery time like and what duties are payable on this stuff?
Is it just GST

-

Old March 16th 04, 10:15 AM
powinc

He does seem to have good deals, I've been keeping an eye on his stuff.
His feedback rating seems good (last time I looked), but his postage
time and cost are a bit much. Proberly because he's based overseas.

powinc

Old March 16th 04, 10:00 PM
ftf

byron27 wrote:
Has anyone ordered anything from this company? They are based in the UK
but they have some great deals on groupsets, frames, shoes, etc. What
is the delivery time like and what duties are payable on this stuff?.
Is it just GST?

Yep, I bought some tyres from them... took less than a week to get here
As my parcel amount was way below the cutoff, and through the post
there was no duty. Postage was relatively expensive but with 2 fre
tubes, it sorta covers it anyway..

Cheers, Tro

-

Old March 16th 04, 10:00 PM
flyingdutch

ftf wrote:
Yep, I bought some tyres from them... took less than a week to get here.
As my parcel amount was way below the cutoff, and through the post,
there was no duty. Postage was relatively expensive but with 2 free
tubes, it sorta covers it anyway...
Cheers, Troy

i almost bought a FSAcarbonCompactPro crankset off him but unfortunatel
he was in europe at the time and i was on a deadline (alpine classic)
He was very helpful tho and even followed up recently to ask what
ended up doing and debating triple v other stuff. not really
recomendation but the vibe was right..

-

Old March 16th 04, 10:30 PM
Antz

I've bought two sets of pedals from them. Good sellers, the gear arrive
within a week in perfect nick. Only thing is to pay by Paypal I had t
pay in pounds and lost a couple of bucks on the exchange - no big dea
really, given that I saved over a hundred on each pedal set

Ant

-

Old March 16th 04, 11:15 PM
bag_head

In Feb. I bought a pair of Sidi Action MTB Shoes from him for $107.5 AUD
+ $20 AUD postage. It took just over a week to be delivered.

These shoes would cost me $350+ locally!

Old March 17th 04, 01:30 AM
byron27

bag_head wrote:
In Feb. I bought a pair of Sidi Action MTB Shoes from him for $107.5 AUD
+ $20 AUD postage. It took just over a week to be delivered.
These shoes would cost me $350+ locally!

so it seems that you avoid paying duty on this sort of stuf
through him

-

Old March 17th 04, 02:48 AM
M. Atta

I found i didnt pay duty from probikekit.com under about $175 aus.
Purchased $250 & paid duty plus gst....
How much has anybody else spent at tri-oz-1st & not paid duty or gst

"byron27" wrote in message
bag_head wrote:
In Feb. I bought a pair of Sidi Action MTB Shoes from him for $107.5

AUD
+ $20 AUD postage. It took just over a week to be delivered.
These shoes would cost me $350+ locally!

so it seems that you avoid paying duty on this sort of stuff
through him?

Old March 17th 04, 06:45 AM
bag_head

No GST or VAT on that purchase

I have bought quite a bit of bike stuff from uk. and Aussie Custom
never seem to care if the value is below $200AUD (but do not quote m
on that!)

couple of my fave

probikekit.com - jersey / bib nicks tri-oz-1st (Ebay) - mtb shoe
totalcyling.com - postage expensive Bitz 4 Bikes(Ebay) - road shoes
tires - I reckon it's the same guy as tri-oz-1st as they always seems t
have similar stock

-

Old March 17th 04, 08:26 AM
Andrew Swan

byron27 wrote:
Has anyone ordered anything from this company? They are based in the UK
but they have some great deals on groupsets, frames, shoes, etc. What
is the delivery time like and what duties are payable on this stuff?.
Is it just GST?

I bought my frame/fork/headset combo there, and am very happy with it. See:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....ry=72 98&rd=1
or
http://tinyurl.com/2ujv8

I ordered it on 2 Jan, and the ad implied it would arrive by 8 Jan. It
ended up arriving on 13 Jan - I think most of the delay was them
catching up with their New Year's holiday backlog.

The advertised price was $550, and the total cost was $793, which
included $243 worth of shipping, import duty (5%), and GST (10%).

As for tyres, IME they are a LOT cheaper (like a lot of stuff) if you
buy them from Parker International
(http://www.parker-international.co.uk/home.htm) than anyone on eBay.

Hope this helps,

&roo