Innertube Stems

Old October 29th 17, 11:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Innertube Stems

On Sunday, October 29, 2017 at 3:11:44 PM UTC-7, wrote:
As Andy mentioned, Michelin makes smooth presta stems in every length. Order them from Europe to get better prices. Also replace the chuck on the Silca pump with a Topeak head and hose. The head operates with a lever and works perfectly. Unlike the Silca chucks.

My previous Husky pump worked very well until the head broke. So I ordered a Topeak hose and head and it installed easily and worked well for about a year and then started splitting. I suspect that the pressure gauge was lousy too so I dumped the whole thing and really would be very careful of Topeak components. Some are very good such as saddle packs, others like that pump head are questionable at best. It was a good design but should have been made of metal.
Old October 29th 17, 11:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Sunday, October 29, 2017 at 3:11:44 PM UTC-7, wrote:
As Andy mentioned, Michelin makes smooth presta stems in every length. Order them from Europe to get better prices. Also replace the chuck on the Silca pump with a Topeak head and hose. The head operates with a lever and works perfectly. Unlike the Silca chucks.

Also when I looked up the price of these tubes in England they certainly were cheaper. However, with shipping included they were quite a bit cheaper from Wisconsin. One European source had $7.50 per tube plus $11.98 shipping apiece.

Wisconsin was $32 for four plus free shipping.
Old October 30th 17, 07:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Sunday, October 29, 2017 at 5:33:25 PM UTC-5, wrote:

Also when I looked up the price of these tubes in England they certainly were cheaper. However, with shipping included they were quite a bit cheaper from Wisconsin. One European source had $7.50 per tube plus $11.98 shipping apiece.

Wisconsin was $32 for four plus free shipping.

Wow. I will refrain from talking about your stupidity, but...

Here is a link to Michelin smooth stem tubes sold by Merlin Cycles in England.

https://www.merlincycles.com/bike-in...brand=michelin

The 80mm stem tubes are $4.58 each.

And here is Merlin's shipping costs. https://www.merlincycles.com/shipping.html

"United States:Free shipping on most goods over $66.50. Under $66.50 costs from $6.65"

Order 15 tubes and its free shipping. Or order 4 tubes and $50 of other bicycle parts and its free shipping.
Old October 30th 17, 10:51 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_4_]

wrote:
On Sunday, October 29, 2017 at 5:33:25 PM UTC-5, wrote:

Also when I looked up the price of these tubes in England they certainly
were cheaper. However, with shipping included they were quite a bit
cheaper from Wisconsin. One European source had $7.50 per tube plus
$11.98 shipping apiece.

Wisconsin was $32 for four plus free shipping.

Wow. I will refrain from talking about your stupidity, but...

Here is a link to Michelin smooth stem tubes sold by Merlin Cycles in England.

https://www.merlincycles.com/bike-in...brand=michelin

The 80mm stem tubes are $4.58 each.

And here is Merlin's shipping costs. https://www.merlincycles.com/shipping.html

"United States:Free shipping on most goods over $66.50. Under $66.50 costs from $6.65"

Order 15 tubes and its free shipping. Or order 4 tubes and $50 of other
bicycle parts and its free shipping.

In Canada the issue with buying from Europe isn’t usually the shipping.
It’s the duty. I find as long as the order is under 100 bucks Canadian
there usually isn’t any tax but over that it’s a crap shoot. I don’t know
what exactly triggers duty charges. Some time you get hit and some time
you don’t. But when you do, it can end up costing more than the savings.

--
duane
Old October 30th 17, 01:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Sunday, October 29, 2017 at 11:15:00 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Sunday, October 29, 2017 at 5:33:25 PM UTC-5, wrote:

Also when I looked up the price of these tubes in England they certainly were cheaper. However, with shipping included they were quite a bit cheaper from Wisconsin. One European source had $7.50 per tube plus $11.98 shipping apiece.

Wisconsin was $32 for four plus free shipping.

Wow. I will refrain from talking about your stupidity, but...

Here is a link to Michelin smooth stem tubes sold by Merlin Cycles in England.

https://www.merlincycles.com/bike-in...brand=michelin

The 80mm stem tubes are $4.58 each.

And here is Merlin's shipping costs. https://www.merlincycles.com/shipping.html

"United States:Free shipping on most goods over $66.50. Under $66.50 costs from $6.65"

Order 15 tubes and its free shipping. Or order 4 tubes and $50 of other bicycle parts and its free shipping.

Gee, I will refrain from laughing in your stupid face since you are unable to understand an F-ing thing. The AirComp tube on your site is $12.13 down from a normal $19.

But don't let sheer ignorance stop you from shooting your mouth off like the idiot you are.
Old October 30th 17, 01:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Monday, October 30, 2017 at 2:51:32 AM UTC-7, Duane wrote:
wrote:
[...]

Well, going through a dozen sites I couldn't find a better deal. But you can't check every possible location. Not and expect to ride your bike while the sun shines.
Old October 30th 17, 05:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 10/30/2017 1:14 AM, wrote:
On Sunday, October 29, 2017 at 5:33:25 PM UTC-5, wrote:

Also when I looked up the price of these tubes in England they certainly were cheaper. However, with shipping included they were quite a bit cheaper from Wisconsin. One European source had $7.50 per tube plus $11.98 shipping apiece.

Wisconsin was $32 for four plus free shipping.

Wow. I will refrain from talking about your stupidity, but...

Here is a link to Michelin smooth stem tubes sold by Merlin Cycles in England.

https://www.merlincycles.com/bike-in...brand=michelin

The 80mm stem tubes are $4.58 each.

And here is Merlin's shipping costs. https://www.merlincycles.com/shipping.html

"United States:Free shipping on most goods over $66.50. Under $66.50 costs from $6.65"

Order 15 tubes and its free shipping. Or order 4 tubes and $50 of other bicycle parts and its free shipping.

Well, on any given day we'll be high or low but we actually
have stuff and we're prompt.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Innertube help robdizzle Unicycling 7 November 26th 07 11:30 PM
Innertube Porosity? [email protected] General 20 January 1st 06 05:30 AM
Innertube Porosity? jim beam Techniques 0 December 30th 05 05:59 PM
Innertube Porosity? Matt O'Toole Techniques 0 December 30th 05 04:26 PM
Innertube Porosity? Tom Keats General 0 December 30th 05 04:41 AM