How do we get rid of all the SPAM in this group?!?!? I want to readabout BIKES!

Old March 20th 08, 02:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Fitz

Default How do we get rid of all the SPAM in this group?!?!? I want to readabout BIKES!

Is anyone monitoring this group?
Old March 20th 08, 02:19 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Woland99

http://www.penney.org/ggkiller.html
Old March 20th 08, 02:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

On Mar 19, 9:14*pm, Fitz wrote:
Is anyone monitoring this group?

yes, Google Censorship Nazi's ( GCN ). If you write something relevant
but offensive for the prudish GCN, GCN may delete your writing.
However, in the interests of freedom of speech and assembly, all
idiotic, imbecilic, moronically offensive material is AOK with the
Googlers.
How is this you ask, Googlers are Californicans. I dunno. I see the
same effects in Yahoo and once in a while Microcephaloic ( gotta kick
the cephaloics in the scrotum )
Californicans run to the very conservative yet suck dicks in
interstate men's rooms: interstate cock sucking and freedom of speech
are inequable?
Go figure.
Old March 20th 08, 10:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Zog The Undeniable

Fitz wrote:
Is anyone monitoring this group?

It's an unmoderated newsgroup, like most of Usenet. You have to do it
yourself with killfiles, although these don't work terribly well if
someone replies to a spammer, or the spammers keep changing their ID.
Old March 20th 08, 12:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
André Tuytschaver[_2_]

Zog The Undeniable a écrit :
Fitz wrote:
Is anyone monitoring this group?

It's an unmoderated newsgroup, like most of Usenet. You have to do it
yourself with killfiles, although these don't work terribly well if
someone replies to a spammer, or the spammers keep changing their ID.

You can suscribe to http://www.individual.net/ ,it will cost you 10 Euro
a year and you'll get rid of let say 90% of spam, at the same time read
it with a decent Usenet newsreader, it will be much convient.

--
Cordialement,
________________

__o
_'\(,_
(_)/ (_)
Old March 21st 08, 01:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jay[_2_]

On Mar 19, 8:14*pm, Fitz wrote:
Is anyone monitoring this group?

Not only am I monitoring RBT...I am watching your every movement. But
unfortunately, now that I have blown my own cover, I will need to have
Landotter kill you.

J. (aka D.B. Cooper)

Old March 22nd 08, 09:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Werehatrack

On Wed, 19 Mar 2008 18:14:00 -0700 (PDT), Fitz may
have said:

Is anyone monitoring this group?

Officially, no. There are spam killbots, but they don't catch
everything.

If you want to report the spammers, you need to learn two things: How
to analyse the message headers to determine where the messages
originated (so that the source can be informed) and how to determine
which ISP hosts the spammed website (so that the website can perhaps
be dumped.)

Don't count on fast results even then. Most of the offending websites
have been in China, and your chances of getting the hosting ISP to act
(or, for that matter, your chances of even identifying the real host,
in some cases) may be infinitesimal. Much of the spam emanates from
Google, which until fairly recently had what appeared remarkably
similar to an ostrich-like approach to handling reports of the
problems.

Old March 22nd 08, 11:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andrew Price

On Sat, 22 Mar 2008 14:47:17 -0600, Werehatrack
wrote:

[---]

Much of the spam emanates from
Google,

Agreed.

which until fairly recently had what appeared remarkably
similar to an ostrich-like approach to handling reports of the
problems.

Are you aware of a change in their attitude of late?