Holy Maloney, it's Global Warming

Old June 2nd 20, 01:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

Default Holy Maloney, it's Global Warming

Holy Maloney, it's Global Warming, undoubtedly fueled by COVID-19:

24 degrees Celsius in West Cork, Ireland from 1300 to after 1600 local time..

We're huddling inside with the curtains closed, too frightened to look out into the raging sun of our burning destiny.

Andre Jute
....and other hysterical bull****

PS When I first came to live in Ireland, people thought I was a weirdo because I walked around in what they thought of as high summer (usually between 13 and 19 Celsius) in a fur coat. In the desert where I grew up the noonday temperature was often over a 100 degrees C but the nights could be below freezing.

Old June 3rd 20, 08:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
James[_8_]

On 2/6/20 10:01 pm, Andre Jute wrote:
In the desert
where I grew up the noonday temperature was often over a 100 degrees
C but the nights could be below freezing.

Over 100 degrees C in the desert? Wow. That's hot. At least to make a
pot of tea you could (quickly) put a kettle of cool water outside and
then wait a while for it to boil, before retrieving it (again, quickly)
to pour on the leaves.

--
JS
Old June 3rd 20, 06:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Wednesday, June 3, 2020 at 8:10:57 AM UTC+1, James wrote:
On 2/6/20 10:01 pm, Andre Jute wrote:
In the desert
where I grew up the noonday temperature was often over a 100 degrees
C but the nights could be below freezing.

Over 100 degrees C in the desert? Wow. That's hot. At least to make a
pot of tea you could (quickly) put a kettle of cool water outside and
then wait a while for it to boil, before retrieving it (again, quickly)
to pour on the leaves.

--
JS

Heh-heh! I meant Fahrenheit, of course. Actually, as long as the heat is dry, you get used to it. But if there is also high humidity, the combination can be oppressive.

Earl Grey, with some extra lime, and honey off a hilltop in Corfu.

Andre Jute
Even to know how to spell Fahrenheit these days gives away your age
Old June 3rd 20, 07:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Wednesday, June 3, 2020 at 10:27:47 AM UTC-7, Andre Jute wrote:
[...]

Why do you suppose one wouldn't automatically assume a misprint when such temperatures are not possible in the air on Earth?
Old June 4th 20, 12:19 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
James[_8_]

On 4/6/20 3:27 am, Andre Jute wrote:
On Wednesday, June 3, 2020 at 8:10:57 AM UTC+1, James wrote:
On 2/6/20 10:01 pm, Andre Jute wrote:
In the desert where I grew up the noonday temperature was often
over a 100 degrees C but the nights could be below freezing.

Over 100 degrees C in the desert? Wow. That's hot. At least to
make a pot of tea you could (quickly) put a kettle of cool water
outside and then wait a while for it to boil, before retrieving it
(again, quickly) to pour on the leaves.

Heh-heh! I meant Fahrenheit, of course. Actually, as long as the heat
is dry, you get used to it. But if there is also high humidity, the
combination can be oppressive.

Earl Grey, with some extra lime, and honey off a hilltop in Corfu.

Andre Jute Even to know how to spell Fahrenheit these days gives away
your age

Of course.

I've seen adverts for steel coatings that survive the Australian summer
sun, where in the advert they crack an egg on to a sheet of steel that
has been left in the sun for a while, and it fries nicely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Etf8ovWEtrg

We have Australian stingless bee honey in our Earl Grey tea, thank you
very much.

--
JS
Old June 4th 20, 12:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Thursday, June 4, 2020 at 12:19:05 AM UTC+1, James wrote:

We have Australian stingless bee honey in our Earl Grey tea, thank you
very much.

--
JS

"Australian stingless bee"

You must be working for the Australian Tourist Authority!

What was that old saw? "Nineteen of the world's most venomous animals hail from Australia."

After I'd been in Australia a while, I toured around the entire periphery of the continent/huge island, and I've also crossed Australia through the middle, Adelaide to Darwin and back. There are so many South Africans in Australia because so much of it, the thin green strip on the coastlines, the huge farms and deserts inland, the sheep, the miles of wheat, the vineyards up the Barossa, all looks like home to them. Venomous animals? What venomous animals?

Andre Jute
Home is anywhere I put my typewriter down
Old June 4th 20, 02:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
news18

On Thu, 04 Jun 2020 04:45:33 -0700, Andre Jute wrote:

On Thursday, June 4, 2020 at 12:19:05 AM UTC+1, James wrote:

We have Australian stingless bee honey in our Earl Grey tea, thank you
very much.

--
JS

"Australian stingless bee"

You must be working for the Australian Tourist Authority!

Native bees. Commonly referred to as Sugar Bag Honey. They don't sting,
but they do bite.
Old June 6th 20, 12:29 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Thursday, June 4, 2020 at 6:13:49 AM UTC-7, news18 wrote:
On Thu, 04 Jun 2020 04:45:33 -0700, Andre Jute wrote:

On Thursday, June 4, 2020 at 12:19:05 AM UTC+1, James wrote:

We have Australian stingless bee honey in our Earl Grey tea, thank you
very much.

--
JS

"Australian stingless bee"

You must be working for the Australian Tourist Authority!

Native bees. Commonly referred to as Sugar Bag Honey. They don't sting,
but they do bite.

Why don't you mention that your great Australian government has made electricity so expensive that half of the population can only cook a single meal every couple of days?

One would think that would be important to someone that is so apt to scream about the American government.
Old June 6th 20, 05:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
news18

On Fri, 05 Jun 2020 16:29:26 -0700, cyclintom wrote:

On Thursday, June 4, 2020 at 6:13:49 AM UTC-7, news18 wrote:
On Thu, 04 Jun 2020 04:45:33 -0700, Andre Jute wrote:

On Thursday, June 4, 2020 at 12:19:05 AM UTC+1, James wrote:

We have Australian stingless bee honey in our Earl Grey tea, thank
you very much.

--
JS

"Australian stingless bee"

You must be working for the Australian Tourist Authority!

Native bees. Commonly referred to as Sugar Bag Honey. They don't sting,
but they do bite.

Why don't you mention that your great Australian government has made
electricity so expensive that half of the population can only cook a
single meal every couple of days?

The government doesn't control the price of electricty. They sold off
everything to do with electricity generationm retailing and distribution
to private owners and they were the ones who may electricity relatively
expensive and made it so economical to install home PV.

You'll have to give a credible reference about only one hot meal every
second day. I'll treat that as your usual arse pluck.

One would think that would be important to someone that is so apt to
scream about the American government.

Shrug, I and everyone I know has no probable affording their eectricty
bill and none are looking underfed.

PS. Australia has such natural warmth, that a lot of meals are eaten cold
or cool, like salads, cold met, etc.

Old June 6th 20, 03:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Friday, June 5, 2020 at 9:08:40 PM UTC-7, news18 wrote:
[...]

That came directly off of your usual and favorite source of information, the Lame Stream Media.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...priciest-power

Which leads me to believe that either 1. You are not living in Austalia or 2. Mommy pays for everything.

STP - global warming datakoll Techniques 9 April 20th 10 05:37 PM
Global Warming Tom Kunich Racing 308 May 10th 08 03:54 PM
A little global warming WeaselPoopPower Racing 1 November 16th 07 06:47 AM
Global Warming Tom Kunich Racing 212 November 16th 07 02:41 AM
Global Warming Richard Bates UK 84 July 25th 04 11:58 PM