Reduced speed limit saved boy's life.

Old August 5th 11, 10:50 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
bod

Default Reduced speed limit saved boy's life.

On 05/08/2011 10:45, Simon Mason wrote:

"Bod" wrote in message
On 05/08/2011 10:15, Simon Mason wrote:

"Doug" wrote in message

No I think you will find they claim it is the least boring way to
reduce
weight.

Yes, what about the morons who drive to a gym and spend an hour riding a
bike that goes nowhere and then drive home again?

Ha! they make me laugh. Running on the spot at home is just as
beneficial or even riding a bike around the block half a dozen times
and doesn't cost a bean.

Or find a gym about five miles away, but don't join it.
Ride there and back.

Ha! I like that :-)
Old August 6th 11, 04:36 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr. Benn[_7_]

"Dave - Cyclists VOR" wrote in message

On 04/08/2011 14:16, Nuxx Bar wrote:
On 04/08/2011 13:17, Peter Parry wrote:
On Thu, 4 Aug 2011 10:03:57 +0100, "Simon Mason"
wrote:

He may have been in hospital for obesity related diseases which the
cycling
may have prevented.

Judging by the number of corpulent youths on bicycles that seems to be
quite unlikely.

How dare you criticise any cyclist in any way?

Quite right. The cycling ****wits have always claimed that cycling is
the only possible way to reduce weight. They have conclusive proof that
cycling is the only form of exercise that burns calories.
====================================

Dave, you often accuse some cyclists of being ******s. That takes energy to
achieve, especially on a regular basis.

Old August 6th 11, 04:50 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr. Benn[_7_]

"Doug" wrote in message

No I think you will find they claim it is the least boring way to
reduce
weight.

Yes, what about the morons who drive to a gym and spend an hour riding a
bike that goes nowhere and then drive home again?

Ha! they make me laugh. Running on the spot at home is just as beneficial
or even riding a bike around the block half a dozen times and doesn't
cost
a bean.

Or find a gym about five miles away, but don't join it.
Ride there and back...

....preferably behind a taxi, so that you save the fare?
======================================

These excellent suggestions should be going in the "Top Tips" section of Viz
magazine, my favourite academic journal. (Chapman won't understand what I
am talking about as it's not a peer-reviewed publication).

For those who don't know what I'm talking about, see:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-sto...5875-16670828/

For Guy Chapman who won't know what Viz magazine or what I'm talking about,
see if you can relate to this regular contributor to the magazine:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr_Logic As you're a Wikipedia censor, I'm
sure you can delete it if you don't like it and make yourself a whole load
more of enemies in the process.

Old August 6th 11, 09:36 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason

"Peter Keller" wrote in message
On Thu, 04 Aug 2011 23:28:28 +0100, Judith wrote:

Another unique aspect of the biology of Vampyroteuthis infernalis is the
dramatic metamorphosis that results in changes in the size, shape and
position of the fins. At about 15-25 mm mantle length, juvenile
V.infernalis begin to grow a second set of fins located more anteriorly
(toward the arms) than the first pair.

I shall have to visit The Deep after reading of all of these sea creatures.

http://www.thedeep.co.uk/

--
Simon Mason
http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/

Old August 6th 11, 10:22 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Just zis Guy, you know?[_34_]

Old August 6th 11, 10:26 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Just zis Guy, you know?[_34_]

Old August 8th 11, 12:12 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

On Sat, 06 Aug 2011 09:36:29 +0100, Simon Mason wrote:

I shall have to visit The Deep after reading of all of these sea
creatures.

http://www.thedeep.co.uk/

mmm very interesting all the denizens one can find there.
It is always good to expand horizons and find new things to do and learr
and not be restricted by naysayers or people who say "it is very
dangerous ..."

--
If you are riding a bicycle you are winning.

Look Ma, my cap saved my life. thirty-six UK 0 August 16th 10 12:24 AM
Cycle h*lm*t saved my life (again) Peter Grange UK 235 August 29th 08 06:14 PM
Another you-know-what saved my life report... Bill Robertson UK 11 May 23rd 06 10:35 AM
a bunnyhop saved my life davek UK 101 August 16th 05 07:30 AM
A bit of plastic saved my life Tilly UK 29 July 27th 05 11:17 AM