V brake blocks

Old August 5th 11, 07:52 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mike Lewis

Default V brake blocks

What are decent ones please. The factory ones on my Marin always sound like
they have grit in them.

Old August 5th 11, 07:56 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Just zis Guy, you know?[_34_]

Old August 5th 11, 11:20 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tom Anderson

On Fri, 5 Aug 2011, Mike Lewis wrote:

What are decent ones please. The factory ones on my Marin always sound
like they have grit in them.

Kool-Stop salmon.

http://sheldonbrown.com/harris/brakeshoes.html

Some people prefer the dual compound, but i like the pure salmon. Either
way, accept no substitutes!

tom

--
SOY! SOY! SOY! Soy makes you strong! Strength crushes enemies! SOY!
Old August 6th 11, 09:09 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mike Lewis

"Tom Anderson" wrote in message
th.li...
On Fri, 5 Aug 2011, Mike Lewis wrote:

What are decent ones please. The factory ones on my Marin always sound
like they have grit in them.

Kool-Stop salmon.

http://sheldonbrown.com/harris/brakeshoes.html

Some people prefer the dual compound, but i like the pure salmon. Either
way, accept no substitutes!

Thanks both. I try to avoid the wet!

Old August 6th 11, 10:29 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Just zis Guy, you know?[_34_]

Old August 10th 11, 06:34 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mike Lewis

"Just zis Guy, you know?" wrote in message

On 06/08/2011 09:09, Mike Lewis wrote:
"Tom Anderson" wrote in message
th.li...
On Fri, 5 Aug 2011, Mike Lewis wrote:

What are decent ones please. The factory ones on my Marin always
sound like they have grit in them.

Kool-Stop salmon.

http://sheldonbrown.com/harris/brakeshoes.html

Some people prefer the dual compound, but i like the pure salmon.
Either way, accept no substitutes!

Thanks both. I try to avoid the wet!

In my experience dual compound last somewhat longer and are less noisy.
The salmon compound is the dog's nuts in the wet, which is why I use
dual and not just grey.

Interesting, thanks.

Old August 10th 11, 11:52 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

On 05/08/2011 19:52, Mike Lewis wrote:
What are decent ones please. The factory ones on my Marin always sound like
they have grit in them.

The concept of two small bits of rubber acting on a smooth narrow rim is
obviously flawed - which is one of the many reasons a push bike isn't a
viable form of transport.

Grow up, buy a car, stop being an idiot.

University
Old August 11th 11, 03:15 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

On Wed, 10 Aug 2011 23:52:04 +0100, Dave - Cyclists VOR wrote:

The concept of two small bits of rubber acting on a smooth narrow rim is
obviously flawed - which is one of the many reasons a push bike isn't a
viable form of transport.

No.
A push bike is a very viable form o transport for many things.

Grow up, buy a car, stop being an idiot.

I am real glad I am an idiot. It is a real great honour to be idiotted
by the dave.

--
If you are riding a bicycle you are winning.
Old August 11th 11, 09:24 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Aug 6, 9:09*am, "Mike Lewis" mike-at-
wrote:
"Tom Anderson" wrote in message

th.li...

On Fri, 5 Aug 2011, Mike Lewis wrote:

What are decent ones please. The factory ones on my Marin always sound
like they have grit in them.

Kool-Stop salmon.

http://sheldonbrown.com/harris/brakeshoes.html

Some people prefer the dual compound, but i like the pure salmon. Either
way, accept no substitutes!

Thanks both. I try to avoid the wet!

Kool Stops are good in the wet, it only takes about half a second to
scrub the water off the rim anyway.

--
Simon Mason
Old August 20th 11, 08:57 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

Some brake care advice.

http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/articl...ng-power-31338

--
Simon Mason

v-brake and canti brake blocks Peter UK 1 August 21st 06 01:51 AM
brake blocks Steve Watkin UK 12 July 21st 05 09:11 PM
Brake blocks soup UK 21 June 8th 05 08:16 AM
which brake blocks? davek UK 0 March 20th 05 11:01 PM
Brake Blocks David Waters UK 12 June 10th 04 12:15 AM