Ohh, satire

Old August 8th 11, 10:23 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Just zis Guy, you know?[_34_]

Default Ohh, satire

Old August 8th 11, 10:40 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

On 08/08/2011 22:23, Just zis ****, you know? wrote:

According to a recent blog post on the Merida Bikes website, ?James
Cracknell is being seen all over the place, promoting his programme [on
the Discovery Channel] following his incredible journey back from his
near fatal head injury?. During these interviews, he has been very keen
to promote the wear of cycle helmets and he has also been telling people
that ?I don?t have a commercial relationship with the [helmet]
manufacturer, by the way.?

This is a wee bit odd, as he is a ?brand ambassador? for Alpina cycle
helmets and one of the main sponsors of his trip across America was
Merida Bikes. These bicycles are sold in Britain by Merida UK, which has
exclusive distribution rights to sell Alpina cycle helmets in the UK.

Naughty conspiracist stuff.

Denial is a defense mechanism postulated by Sigmund Freud, in which a
person is faced with a fact that is too uncomfortable to accept and
rejects it instead, insisting that it is not true despite what may be
overwhelming evidence.

University
Old August 9th 11, 12:21 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_7_]

On 08/08/2011 22:23, Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

http://www.kimharding.net/blog/?p=1693

According to a recent blog post on the Merida Bikes website, ?James
Cracknell is being seen all over the place, promoting his programme [on
the Discovery Channel] following his incredible journey back from his
near fatal head injury?. During these interviews, he has been very keen
to promote the wear of cycle helmets and he has also been telling people
that ?I don?t have a commercial relationship with the [helmet]
manufacturer, by the way.?

This is a wee bit odd, as he is a ?brand ambassador? for Alpina cycle
helmets and one of the main sponsors of his trip across America was
Merida Bikes. These bicycles are sold in Britain by Merida UK, which has
exclusive distribution rights to sell Alpina cycle helmets in the UK.

Naughty conspiracist stuff.

Is a "brand ambassador" anything like a "thought leader"?
Old August 9th 11, 01:55 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Just zis Guy, you know?[_34_]

Old August 9th 11, 09:33 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Mon, 08 Aug 2011 22:23:41 +0100, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
wrote:

http://www.kimharding.net/blog/?p=1693

According to a recent blog post on the Merida Bikes website, ?James
Cracknell is being seen all over the place, promoting his programme [on
the Discovery Channel] following his incredible journey back from his
near fatal head injury?. During these interviews, he has been very keen
to promote the wear of cycle helmets and he has also been telling people
that ?I don?t have a commercial relationship with the [helmet]
manufacturer, by the way.?

Oh dear - I assume that you have a reference for that "quote" of his.

Or is it just a naughty Porky piglet you have set free.

--

"I have never said that I encourage my children to wear helmets. I would challenge judith
to find the place where I said I encourage my children to wear helmets." Guy Chapman

Old August 9th 11, 09:35 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Tue, 9 Aug 2011 00:41:50 +0100, "Zapp Brannigan" wrote:

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

http://www.kimharding.net/blog/?p=1693

According to a recent blog post on the Merida Bikes website, ?James
Cracknell is being seen all over the place, promoting his programme [on
the Discovery Channel] following his incredible journey back from his
near fatal head injury?. During these interviews, he has been very keen
to promote the wear of cycle helmets and he has also been telling people
that ?I don?t have a commercial relationship with the [helmet]
manufacturer, by the way.?

This is a wee bit odd, as he is a ?brand ambassador? for Alpina cycle
helmets and one of the main sponsors of his trip across America was
Merida Bikes. These bicycles are sold in Britain by Merida UK, which has
exclusive distribution rights to sell Alpina cycle helmets in the UK.

Naughty conspiracist stuff.

It's simpler than that - it's a vicious character assassination of a
sporting hero, on the simple grounds that he advocates the use of helmets.

Porky doesn't even give a reference to any article where his claim was made - I
wonder why?
Old August 9th 11, 09:57 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
bugbear

wrote:

http://www.kimharding.net/blog/?p=1693

According to a recent blog post on the Merida Bikes website, ?James
Cracknell is being seen all over the place, promoting his programme [on
the Discovery Channel] following his incredible journey back from his
near fatal head injury?. During these interviews, he has been very keen
to promote the wear of cycle helmets and he has also been telling people
that ?I don?t have a commercial relationship with the [helmet]
manufacturer, by the way.?

Oh dear - I assume that you have a reference for that "quote" of his.

Or is it just a naughty Porky piglet you have set free.

http://just****inggoogleit.com/

BugBear
Old August 9th 11, 04:25 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason

"Just zis Guy, you know?" wrote in message

http://www.kimharding.net/blog/?p=1693

According to a recent blog post on the Merida Bikes website, ?James
Cracknell is being seen all over the place, promoting his programme [on
the Discovery Channel] following his incredible journey back from his
near fatal head injury?. During these interviews, he has been very keen
to promote the wear of cycle helmets and he has also been telling people
that ?I don?t have a commercial relationship with the [helmet]
manufacturer, by the way.?

I would have thought not being hit by a door mirror at 70 mph would be
better than wearing a foam hat.

--
Simon Mason
http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/

Old August 10th 11, 01:52 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

On Tue, 09 Aug 2011 09:33:01 +0100, Judith wrote:

Or is it just a naughty Porky piglet you have set free.

The filaments were originally believed to be modified arms. However, a
careful anatomical study has shown that the filaments are innervated very
differently than are the arms, suggesting that they are uniquely derived

--

snip

--
If you are riding a bicycle you are winning.
Old August 10th 11, 01:53 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

On Tue, 09 Aug 2011 09:35:29 +0100, Judith wrote:

Porky doesn't even give a reference to any article where his claim was
made - I wonder why?

Another unique aspect of the biology of Vampyroteuthis infernalis is the
dramatic metamorphosis that results in changes in the size, shape and
position of the fins. At about 15-25 mm mantle length, juvenile
V.infernalis begin to grow a second set of fins located more anteriorly
(toward the arms) than the first pair.

--
If you are riding a bicycle you are winning.