That bitter sweet moment

Old August 12th 11, 08:39 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
The Medway Handyman[_4_]

Default That bitter sweet moment

On 12/08/2011 11:12, Man at B&Q wrote:
On Aug 12, 2:54 am, Peter wrote:
On Thu, 11 Aug 2011 18:54:05 +0100, Dave - Cyclists VOR wrote:

Nothing inside your thick skull worth protecting.

It just gets to me..why do people feel the need to put others down,

Despite selling pressure washers, he couldn't get rid of the chip on
his shoulder.

MBQ

Whereas you are very well balanced - a chip on both shoulders.

I suspect you are a cyclists tosser?

Old August 12th 11, 08:51 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Aug 11, 8:00*pm, pcb1962 wrote:
On 11/08/11 13:44, Simon Mason wrote:

On Aug 11, 1:04 pm, *wrote:
On Aug 11, 12:03 pm, Simon *wrote:

On Aug 11, 11:53 am, "Mr. *wrote:

"Simon *wrote in message

When you take off your child's stabilisers - I remember it well.

And give them their first helmet.

None of our family has ever owned or worn a helmet.
No need to.

That's not the view of the magazine you took the article from.

Oh and note that the cartoon child in the article has no helmet on
either, nor his father in the inset.

Yes I noticed that, I've emailed them pointing out how irresponsible of
them it was. I included a link to your re-publication of the article in
case they don't have a copy handy to refer to.-

*Do* let us know how you get on.
We have a troll called "Judith", (maybe you know her?) who writes to
her MP imploring them to clamp down on cyclists enjoying themselves,
but I've never heard of any of her "successes" in that regard.

--
Simon Mason
Old August 12th 11, 09:37 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Fri, 12 Aug 2011 12:51:20 -0700 (PDT), Simon Mason
wrote:

*Do* let us know how you get on.
We have a troll called "Judith", (maybe you know her?) who writes to
her MP imploring them to clamp down on cyclists enjoying themselves,
but I've never heard of any of her "successes" in that regard.

I thought people had told you about posting and rubbishing other people using
BP systems whilst you are at work - this reflects badly on you and badly on the
company.

I also have a pension fund which has BP shares - I think I shall write to them
or to BP.

Anyone have an address - or contact please?
Old August 12th 11, 09:42 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Aug 11, 8:40*pm, Phil W Lee wrote:
Simon Mason considered Wed, 10 Aug 2011 23:58:06
-0700 (PDT) the perfect time to write:

On Aug 10, 6:08*pm, Phil W Lee wrote:
Simon Mason considered Wed, 10 Aug 2011 07:48:33
-0700 (PDT) the perfect time to write:

When you take off your child's stabilisers - I remember it well.

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/stabiliser.jpg

None of mine ever used them.
I suppose an equivalent is putting the pedals back on, but it's a far
less dramatic transition.

What did you use with your child/ren?

Started off giving them the bike but not the pedals, with the saddle
set low enough for them to paddle along with their feet.

Sounds a bit harsh, TBH.
They must have only been scooting along at a very low speed using them
as a "hobby horse".
Although when I learned to ride in 1962, my Dad told me I rode off
with no stabilisers from the start.

--
Simon Mason
Old August 12th 11, 10:38 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
pcb1962[_3_]

On Aug 11, 1:04 pm, *wrote:
On Aug 11, 12:03 pm, Simon *wrote:

On Aug 11, 11:53 am, "Mr. *wrote:

"Simon *wrote in message

When you take off your child's stabilisers - I remember it well.

And give them their first helmet.

None of our family has ever owned or worn a helmet.
No need to.

That's not the view of the magazine you took the article from.

Oh and note that the cartoon child in the article has no helmet on
either, nor his father in the inset.

Yes I noticed that, I've emailed them pointing out how irresponsible of
them it was. I included a link to your re-publication of the article in
case they don't have a copy handy to refer to.-

*Do* let us know how you get on.

Of course I will, no reply today, perhaps Monday.

We have a troll called "Judith", (maybe you know her?) who writes to
her MP imploring them to clamp down on cyclists enjoying themselves,
but I've never heard of any of her "successes" in that regard.

Of course I know of Judith, I've been here on usenet as long as you
have. I'm also a regular cyclist and used to participate regularly on
u.r.c until like many others I got totally fed up with Chapman and his
gang of anti-helmet zealots.

Old August 13th 11, 09:36 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Just zis Guy, you know?[_34_]

Old August 13th 11, 09:56 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Just zis Guy, you know?[_34_]

Old August 13th 11, 10:04 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Aug 13, 9:56*am, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
wrote:

On 12/08/2011 22:38, pcb1962 wrote:

Of course I know of Judith, I've been here on usenet as long as you
have. I'm also a regular cyclist and used to participate regularly
on u.r.c until like many others I got totally fed up with Chapman and
his gang of anti-helmet zealots.

Sure you did - who were these "anti-helmet zealots"?
I've never seen any.

Incidentally, under what ID did you participate regularly? pcb1962 has
fewer than ten posts before this week in my local cache, which goes back
to 2004.

Yes, I noticed that too.
I wonder what their ID was for the past 14 years.

--
Simon Mason
Old August 13th 11, 11:07 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Sat, 13 Aug 2011 09:36:19 +0100, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
wrote:

On 12/08/2011 22:38, pcb1962 wrote:

Of course I know of Judith, I've been here on usenet as long as you
have. I'm also a regular cyclist and used to participate regularly
on u.r.c until like many others I got totally fed up with Chapman and
his gang of anti-helmet zealots.

Feel free to cite the message IDs where I advocate banning them. Or have
you fallen prey to the fallacy of the false middle?

Hello Porky

Didn't Lou Knee advocate banning them?

--

Total number of posts to URC from
IP Address:80.254.146.36 over 6 years = 7

Guy Chapman : 5
Lou Knee: 2

Coincidence?
(Guy Chapman Dell Magnet)
Old August 13th 11, 11:21 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Aug 11, 1:04 pm, *wrote:
On Aug 11, 12:03 pm, Simon *wrote:

On Aug 11, 11:53 am, "Mr. *wrote:

"Simon *wrote in message

When you take off your child's stabilisers - I remember it well..

And give them their first helmet.

None of our family has ever owned or worn a helmet.
No need to.

That's not the view of the magazine you took the article from.

Oh and note that the cartoon child in the article has no helmet on
either, nor his father in the inset.

Yes I noticed that, I've emailed them pointing out how irresponsible of
them it was. I included a link to your re-publication of the article in
case they don't have a copy handy to refer to.-

*Do* let us know how you get on.

Of course I will, no reply today, perhaps Monday.

Perhaps, yes

--
Simon Mason

Bitter Irony... Robert Chung[_2_] Mountain Biking 7 January 13th 09 11:53 PM
Bitter Irony... John Forrest Tomlinson Mountain Biking 0 January 13th 09 03:13 AM
Sweet, sweet justice Mark T[_2_] UK 18 January 31st 08 01:06 PM
bitter discussion John Forrest Tomlinson Racing 17 August 1st 07 01:04 AM
RR: Sweet Sweet Connie's East Side.. Paladin Mountain Biking 1 July 23rd 07 02:52 AM