You Can Crash While Cycle Racing Without Road Rash

Old June 3rd 11, 01:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Dan O

Default You Can Crash While Cycle Racing Without Road Rash

On Jun 2, 5:03 pm, Dan O wrote:
On Jun 2, 4:53 pm, James wrote:

James wrote:
Tºm Shermªn™ °_° wrote:
On 6/2/2011 9:19 AM, Brad Anders wrote:

The military green torpedo is my fave.

Green #2 lapped the field 8 times (225 laps completed, with second
place doing 217 laps).

If only they learned to lean in to the corners.

Like this..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6hOA2C_XMA

Dang! (download the plugin)

On another computer I saw the first one, though:
http://www.google.com/url?sa=D&q=htt...m/watch%3Fv%3D...

... whjeee! 8-)

.... what I didn't like was needin' somebody to pick you up (besides
the ambulance crew)
Old June 3rd 11, 01:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Dan O

On Jun 2, 5:07 pm, Dan O wrote:
On Jun 2, 5:03 pm, Dan O wrote:

On Jun 2, 4:53 pm, James wrote:

James wrote:
Tºm Shermªn™ °_° wrote:
On 6/2/2011 9:19 AM, Brad Anders wrote:

The military green torpedo is my fave.

Green #2 lapped the field 8 times (225 laps completed, with second
place doing 217 laps).

If only they learned to lean in to the corners.

Like this..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6hOA2C_XMA

Dang! (download the plugin)

On another computer I saw the first one, though:
http://www.google.com/url?sa=D&q=htt...m/watch%3Fv%3D...

... whjeee! 8-)

... what I didn't like was needin' somebody to pick you up (besides
the ambulance crew)

I've been loaded up off the track at least a couple or few times
(those kind of injuries tend to make them hard to remember
exactly :-) Always got up off the street by myself, though so far
Old June 3rd 11, 01:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Tºm Shermªn™ °_°[_2_]

On 6/2/2011 7:07 PM, Dan O wrote:
On Jun 2, 5:03 pm, Dan wrote:
On Jun 2, 4:53 pm, wrote:

James wrote:
T�m Sherm�n� �_� wrote:
On 6/2/2011 9:19 AM, Brad Anders wrote:

The military green torpedo is my fave.

Green #2 lapped the field 8 times (225 laps completed, with second
place doing 217 laps).

If only they learned to lean in to the corners.

Like this..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6hOA2C_XMA

Dang! (download the plugin)

Welcome to the world of Adobe Flashâ„¢.

On another computer I saw the first one, though:
http://www.google.com/url?sa=D&q=htt...m/watch%3Fv%3D...

... whjeee! 8-)

... what I didn't like was needin' somebody to pick you up (besides
the ambulance crew)

The velomobiles are light enough that they could likely be rocked back
upright or the rider could exit, but the fastest way to get back in the
race is to let the course workers do it. And of course, no road rash to
the riders.

--
Tºm Shermªn - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.
Old June 3rd 11, 01:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Dan O

On Jun 2, 5:10 pm, Dan O wrote:
On Jun 2, 5:07 pm, Dan O wrote:

Always got up off the street by myself, though so far

.... been inside a truck pitched over both wheels locked up on sandy
asphalt, though (bottom of a hill, too :-) -let go brakes and pulled
that ****er out! Other **** like that, too :-)

"Held my hand over a candle"

Can't wait to get up to high rock when the sun comes out up there
again

/baka
Old June 3rd 11, 01:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Dan O

On Jun 2, 5:13 pm, Tºm Shermªn™ °_° ""twshermanREMOVE\"@THI
$southslope.net" wrote:
On 6/2/2011 7:07 PM, Dan O wrote:

On Jun 2, 5:03 pm, Dan wrote:
On Jun 2, 4:53 pm, wrote:

James wrote:
T m Sherm n _ wrote:
On 6/2/2011 9:19 AM, Brad Anders wrote:

The military green torpedo is my fave.

Green #2 lapped the field 8 times (225 laps completed, with second
place doing 217 laps).

If only they learned to lean in to the corners.

Like this..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6hOA2C_XMA

Dang! (download the plugin)

Welcome to the world of Adobe Flash™.

On another computer I saw the first one, though:
http://www.google.com/url?sa=D&q=htt...m/watch%3Fv%3D...

... whjeee! 8-)

... what I didn't like was needin' somebody to pick you up (besides
the ambulance crew)

The velomobiles are light enough that they could likely be rocked back
upright or the rider could exit, but the fastest way to get back in the
race is to let the course workers do it. And of course, no road rash to
the riders.

upper body probably 25 percent affected (so far :-) Deep ones are
serious

Old June 3rd 11, 01:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Dan O

$southslope.net" wrote:
On 6/2/2011 7:07 PM, Dan O wrote:

On Jun 2, 5:03 pm, Dan wrote:
On Jun 2, 4:53 pm, wrote:

James wrote:
T m Sherm n _ wrote:
On 6/2/2011 9:19 AM, Brad Anders wrote:

The military green torpedo is my fave.

Green #2 lapped the field 8 times (225 laps completed, with second
place doing 217 laps).

If only they learned to lean in to the corners.

Like this..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6hOA2C_XMA

Dang! (download the plugin)

Welcome to the world of Adobe Flash™.

On another computer I saw the first one, though:
http://www.google.com/url?sa=D&q=htt...m/watch%3Fv%3D...

... whjeee! 8-)

... what I didn't like was needin' somebody to pick you up (besides
the ambulance crew)

The velomobiles are light enough that they could likely be rocked back
upright or the rider could exit, but the fastest way to get back in the
race is to let the course workers do it. And of course, no road rash to
the riders.

upper body [not counting my head (way10%), as helmets have used] probably 25 percent affected (so far :-) Deep ones are
serious

Old June 3rd 11, 01:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Dan O

$southslope.net" wrote:
On 6/2/2011 7:07 PM, Dan O wrote:

On Jun 2, 5:03 pm, Dan wrote:
On Jun 2, 4:53 pm, wrote:

James wrote:
T m Sherm n _ wrote:
On 6/2/2011 9:19 AM, Brad Anders wrote:

The military green torpedo is my fave.

Green #2 lapped the field 8 times (225 laps completed, with second
place doing 217 laps).

If only they learned to lean in to the corners.

Like this..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6hOA2C_XMA

Dang! (download the plugin)

Welcome to the world of Adobe Flash™.

On another computer I saw the first one, though:
http://www.google.com/url?sa=D&q=htt...m/watch%3Fv%3D...

... whjeee! 8-)

... what I didn't like was needin' somebody to pick you up (besides
the ambulance crew)

The velomobiles are light enough that they could likely be rocked back
upright or the rider could exit, but the fastest way to get back in the
race is to let the course workers do it. And of course, no road rash to
the riders.

baka

I've also been out there on the track like those guys after falling
down and getting my head run right over by the pack before I could get
up (at least once that I remember ;-). (forunately had I necver got
to the mile ovals yet)
Old June 3rd 11, 01:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Dan O

$southslope.net" wrote:
On 6/2/2011 7:07 PM, Dan O wrote:

On Jun 2, 5:03 pm, Dan wrote:
On Jun 2, 4:53 pm, wrote:

James wrote:
T m Sherm n _ wrote:
[...]

legs not so much, but you should see my leathers
Old June 3rd 11, 01:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Dan O

$southslope.net" wrote:
On 6/2/2011 7:07 PM, Dan O wrote:

On Jun 2, 5:03 pm, Dan wrote:
On Jun 2, 4:53 pm, wrote:

James wrote:
T m Sherm n _ wrote:
On 6/2/2011 9:19 AM, Brad Anders wrote:

The military green torpedo is my fave.

Green #2 lapped the field 8 times (225 laps completed, with second
place doing 217 laps).

If only they learned to lean in to the corners.

Like this..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6hOA2C_XMA

Dang! (download the plugin)

Welcome to the world of Adobe Flash™.

closed source native execution environment, personal laptop :-)

On another computer I saw the first one, though:
http://www.google.com/url?sa=D&q=htt...m/watch%3Fv%3D...

... whjeee! 8-)

Good racin
Old June 3rd 11, 01:32 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Dan O

$southslope.net" wrote:
On 6/2/2011 7:07 PM, Dan O wrote:

On Jun 2, 5:03 pm, Dan wrote:
On Jun 2, 4:53 pm, wrote:

James wrote:
T m Sherm n _ wrote:
On 6/2/2011 9:19 AM, Brad Anders wrote:

The military green torpedo is my fave.

Green #2 lapped the field 8 times (225 laps completed, with second
place doing 217 laps).

If only they learned to lean in to the corners.

Like this..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6hOA2C_XMA

Dang! (download the plugin)

Welcome to the world of Adobe Flash™.

closed source native execution environment, personal laptop :-)

On another computer I saw the first one, though:
http://www.google.com/url?sa=D&q=htt...m/watch%3Fv%3D...

... whjeee! 8-)

Good racin

"Pain gonna make everything all right"