V-Brake to Maggie HS adapter mount!!

Old November 19th 04, 04:51 PM
Checkernuts

Default V-Brake to Maggie HS adapter mount!!

Magaura to V brake eh, Thats typically not the usual set up for
antything but unicycles...

For Muni I dont thing these are very useful as most tires are 3" wide
and dont accomadate vbrakes, and any coker or 29 that would need a brake
I wouldnt get a frame with maggie mounts.

If anyone is interseted Webcyclery sells their backwards olderbrother,
ie Magura Evolution Adapters allow you to mount you Maguras onto regular
canti studs.

'Link to Maggie Evo Adapters' (http://tinyurl.com/6fau9)

--
Checkernuts - Me Fail English? That's Unpossible

No one said it was gonna be easy and I'm not afraid to try, with the
odds stacked up against me I will have to fight, One Life One Wheel got
to do it right. H20

Checkernuts's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/801

Old November 19th 04, 11:45 PM
Catboy

Actually they have some quite useful stuff, including this 'Post Shim!'
(http://tinyurl.com/5vqtb)

| Attachment filename: post_shim.gif |
|Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/250159|

Catboy - I enjoy the taste of dirt!

'I have the amazing power to talk to cats! =^.^='
(http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Catboy) --- Gallery

Old November 20th 04, 12:55 AM
andrew_carter

Magaura to V brake eh, Thats typically not the usual set up for
antything but unicycles...

Actually it's V-brake to Magura if I'm not mistaken which would be quite
useful for someone like me who hasn't got the Magura bosses on my muni
as it is. I think you're reading the image the wrong way around.

If you run a HS-33 with standard brake bosses, like I do currently, you
have to have these two bits sticking out and pressing up against the
fork legs to simulate the two mounting points per side of the HS-33
bosses that most unicyclists run.

Andrew

--
andrew_carter - Unicycling because it's really fun!

carter.andrew (at) gmail (dot) com
http://www.unicycles.com.au
Unicycling Tips and Tutorials - http://www.unicycle.2ya.com

Old November 20th 04, 01:45 AM
johnhimsworth

Nope, it bolts v-brake bosses onto the magura mounts. Check the link, it
says so there, and the sticky-out bits look like brake bosses. I'd be
tempted if it was v-brake to magura, but I doubt you could securely fix
a 2 bolt bracket to a single brake boss. There'd be nothing to stop the
twisting force.

John

--
johnhimsworth - Nullus Anxietas

What if the hokey cokey really is what it's all about?
johnhimsworth's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1788