Man dies after biking into retaining wall

Old March 15th 05, 06:52 AM
Zoot Katz

Mon, 14 Mar 2005 19:57:12 -0600, ,
Tom Sherman wrote of unmentionable headgear:

"Rangersfan" is either a troll or very innocent in the ways of
rec.bicycles.*.

We've not had any mutt wars for, what, at least two weeks now?
--
zk
Old March 15th 05, 11:18 AM
wafflycat

"Maggie" wrote in message
oups.com...
Thanks for sharing your web site. I finally know what a recumbent bike
is and what it means to ride bent. I sound stupid enough on this
Newsgroup without asking more and more ridiculous questions.
NOW I HAVE KNOWLEDGE. I know how to "get bent".
All Good Things,
Maggie

This is what my 'bent is like

http://www.ice.hpv.co.uk/trikes_t.htm

Well, I say *my* 'bent, as it was a Christmas present to me, but it tends to
be appropriated by my teenage son a lot of the time ;-)

Cheers, helen s

Old March 15th 05, 11:24 AM
Tom Sherman

wafflycat wrote:

"Maggie" wrote in message
oups.com...

Thanks for sharing your web site. I finally know what a recumbent bike
is and what it means to ride bent. I sound stupid enough on this
Newsgroup without asking more and more ridiculous questions.
NOW I HAVE KNOWLEDGE. I know how to "get bent".
All Good Things,
Maggie

This is what my 'bent is like

http://www.ice.hpv.co.uk/trikes_t.htm

Well, I say *my* 'bent, as it was a Christmas present to me, but it
tends to be appropriated by my teenage son a lot of the time ;-)

A Trice is so nice but for the price!

(Trikes are very labor intensive to build, and often use custom made parts.)

--
Tom Sherman - Earth (Illinois)

Old March 15th 05, 11:27 AM
Maggie

wafflycat wrote:
"Maggie" wrote in message
oups.com...
Thanks for sharing your web site. I finally know what a recumbent

bike
is and what it means to ride bent. I sound stupid enough on this
Newsgroup without asking more and more ridiculous questions.
NOW I HAVE KNOWLEDGE. I know how to "get bent".
All Good Things,
Maggie

This is what my 'bent is like

http://www.ice.hpv.co.uk/trikes_t.htm

Well, I say *my* 'bent, as it was a Christmas present to me, but it

tends to
be appropriated by my teenage son a lot of the time ;-)

Cheers, helen s

That looks like a really great bike to ride. I'd love to try one out
sometime. I had no idea they existed. And as for your teenage
son.....What do parents own that their children do not appropriate? I
never know if I am going to walk out the door and find my car is
actually in the driveway. Not that I would exchange "Motherhood" for
ANYTHING!!
All Good Things,
Maggie (Glad I was very young and very foolish, got married, and
without two nickels to rub together, had three kids. No regrets)
PS..Waiting patiently to be a young grandma.

Old March 15th 05, 06:01 PM
Ken Marcet

"Tom Sherman" wrote in message
Ken Marcet wrote:

"Maggie" wrote in message
oups.com...

Ken Marcet wrote:

and suffering severe head trama. Something tells me he really needed

headlight on his bike!

http://www.nwanews.com/story.php?pap...storyid=110433

He was pronounced dead on the scene.

Ken
--
More of my mind dribblings: http://mind-dribble.blogspot.com/
And my homepage: http://kcm-home.tripod.com/

Thanks for sharing your web site. I finally know what a recumbent bike
is and what it means to ride bent. I sound stupid enough on this
Newsgroup without asking more and more ridiculous questions.
NOW I HAVE KNOWLEDGE. I know how to "get bent".
All Good Things,
Maggie

LOL I never heard of a recumbent until a year or so ago either!
Probably lots of people don't know what they are.

Ken,

Where are the pictures of your homebuilt recumbent?

Just had to ask! And you shall receive: http://kcm-home.tripod.com/id14.html
For anyone who is interested.

Ken

--
Tom Sherman - Earth (Illinois)

Old March 16th 05, 12:42 AM
Tom Sherman

Ken Marcet wrote:

"Tom Sherman" wrote in message

Ken,

Where are the pictures of your homebuilt recumbent?

Just had to ask! And you shall receive: http://kcm-home.tripod.com/id14.html
For anyone who is interested.

You have strong competition for the world's ugliest bicycle.

See http://www.mile43.com/peterson/wb.html and
http://www.outsideconnection.com/gallant/hpv/joe/.

--
Tom Sherman - Earth (Illinois)

Old March 16th 05, 03:59 AM
RonSonic

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 18:42:30 -0600, Tom Sherman wrote:

Ken Marcet wrote:

"Tom Sherman" wrote in message

Ken,

Where are the pictures of your homebuilt recumbent?

Just had to ask! And you shall receive: http://kcm-home.tripod.com/id14.html
For anyone who is interested.

You have strong competition for the world's ugliest bicycle.

See http://www.mile43.com/peterson/wb.html and
http://www.outsideconnection.com/gallant/hpv/joe/.

My goodness. Ya know that elegance and efficiency of form that so many of us
love about bikes, not much of it in that last link. Those are just scud-ugly.
Amazing they work as well as they do.

Ron

Old March 16th 05, 04:42 AM
Tom Sherman

Ken Marcet wrote:

"Tom Sherman" wrote in message

Ken,

Where are the pictures of your homebuilt recumbent?

Just had to ask! And you shall receive: http://kcm-home.tripod.com/id14.html
For anyone who is interested.

You have strong competition for the world's ugliest bicycle.

See http://www.mile43.com/peterson/wb.html and
http://www.outsideconnection.com/gallant/hpv/joe/.

My goodness. Ya know that elegance and efficiency of form that so many of us
love about bikes, not much of it in that last link. Those are just scud-ugly.
Amazing they work as well as they do.

Yes, I want to see someone go out and ram garbage cans at speed while
riding a $5,000 upright bicycle.

--
Tom Sherman - Earth (Illinois)

Old March 16th 05, 11:30 AM
Ken Marcet

Ken Marcet wrote:

"Tom Sherman" wrote in message

Ken,

Where are the pictures of your homebuilt recumbent?

Just had to ask! And you shall receive:

http://kcm-home.tripod.com/id14.html
For anyone who is interested.

You have strong competition for the world's ugliest bicycle.

See http://www.mile43.com/peterson/wb.html and
http://www.outsideconnection.com/gallant/hpv/joe/.

--
Tom Sherman - Earth (Illinois)

Okay those are two UGLY bikes! They beat mine in that contest, but not by
much.

Ken