Ride an SUB not an SUV

Old April 13th 07, 04:19 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.autos.driving,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
Baxter

Default promoting "smart growth"

-
Free software - Baxter Codeworks www.baxcode.com

"Amy Blankenship" wrote in message

"Baxter" wrote in message
-
"Amy Blankenship" wrote in message

"Baxter" wrote in message

"Amy Blankenship" wrote in

message

"Baxter" wrote in message
"Amy Blankenship" wrote in

message
.. .

"Baxter" wrote in message

Do stay on track - the issue is whether we spend hundreds of
billions
of
dollars on Iraqi's or whether we spend a tenth of that on our

own
people.

(and yes, there are reports that elections are not particularly

fair
in
LA.)

Then why did you bring up your feeling that the people of

Louisiana
are
somehow downtrodden in a way that Mississippians aren't?

Your question is nonsensical.

Obviously you don't have an answer then.

No, your question is nonsensical in this context. Your question

might
be
more appropriate in context with the US Attorneys firings that are in

the
news.

I see you've learned one of George Conklin's less admirable

techniques...If
someone disagrees with you or questions you further, declare the
comment/question irrelevant, drivel, or nonsensical. Nice :-)

Then suppose you detail that relevance for us?

That's what I was asking you to do.

Let's see - you want *me* to explain the relelavance of *your* response?!
That's the sort of thing Conklin does.

Old April 13th 07, 04:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.autos.driving,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
Baxter

-
Free software - Baxter Codeworks www.baxcode.com

"george conklin" wrote in message
link.net...

That's for sure. From a man whose job used to be cutting down our
forests,

What do you gain from lies like this, georgie porgie? You've been told
again and again that I've not cut a single tree in any of our forests.

but seems unemployed now.

I'm supposed to be retired - but I have my own company and am working harder
than ever -- or at least it seems that way. Next time you get nailed by one
of those radar speed signs, think of me.

Old April 13th 07, 04:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.autos.driving,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
Amy Blankenship

-

"Baxter" wrote in message
-
"Amy Blankenship" wrote in message

"Baxter" wrote in message

"Amy Blankenship" wrote in

message

"Baxter" wrote in message
"Amy Blankenship" wrote in
message
.. .

"Baxter" wrote in message

[...]

No, I want you to explain why you think your feeling that the people of New
Orleans are somehow uniquely downtrodden has anything to do with the topic
of this threat or even this forum as a whole. And as an aside, do you have
any direct experience of the area that was hit by Katrina to base your
reaction on?

Old April 13th 07, 04:28 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.autos.driving,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
Baxter

Default Iraq responsibility was promoting "smart growth"

-
Free software - Baxter Codeworks www.baxcode.com

"Matthew T. Russotto" wrote in message
t...

Fantasy. Utter fantasy. Remove the US occupation and you still have left
every grudge, every grievance, every complaint that one Iraqi group
has against another, not to mention the complaints they have with
Iraq's neighbors (and Iraq's neighbors likely ambitions in Iraq). The
idea that Iraq is filled with reasonable people turned to radicalism
by the US occupation is simply a fairy tale.

Leave them to work out their own problems. Or do you think we should be a
Nanny State?

Old April 13th 07, 05:21 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.autos.driving,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
Pat

Default Occidental CEO got more than $400 million in 2006

On Apr 12, 4:12 pm, "donquijote1954"
wrote:
On Apr 9, 9:40 pm, "di" wrote:

"donquijote1954" wrote in message

roups.com...

Lions and monkeys don't want the same. Lions dream of big and pompous.
Monkeys are more into practical, fun things like bikes, motorcycles
and EVs. And they are beautiful, just not pompous.

The only areawhere you are #1 is in ribbons...

http://blogorelli.typepad.com/photos...ed/ribbons.gif

This doesn't make any sense at all to me, I guess you need to explain it.
But then again, not much you ever say makes much sense.

So many bumper stickers and ribbons on SUVs... I guess they want to
show their support for the troops but keep burning gas like supporting
terrorism. Or perhaps they just want to hide the latter fact. Anyway,
this their latest bumper sticker...

http://www.toppun.com/ProductImages/.../What-SUV-Woul...

I saw a cool one last week. It was one of thiese bumper stickers:
http://www.goats.com/store/rfv.html
It was, obviously, on a Subaru.

Old April 13th 07, 01:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.autos.driving,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
Amy Blankenship

oups.com...
wrote:
On Apr 9, 9:40 pm, "di" wrote:

[...]

That's plain silly. Republicans don't even let their children watch Harry
Potter, because they believe it might lead them to believe in magic.

Old April 13th 07, 02:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.autos.driving,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
dgk

On Thu, 12 Apr 2007 20:28:57 -0700, "Baxter"
wrote:

-
Free software - Baxter Codeworks www.baxcode.com

"Matthew T. Russotto" wrote in message
et...

Fantasy. Utter fantasy. Remove the US occupation and you still have left
every grudge, every grievance, every complaint that one Iraqi group
has against another, not to mention the complaints they have with
Iraq's neighbors (and Iraq's neighbors likely ambitions in Iraq). The
idea that Iraq is filled with reasonable people turned to radicalism
by the US occupation is simply a fairy tale.

Leave them to work out their own problems. Or do you think we should be a
Nanny State?

See, only the US is full of compassionate peaceful folks. Everyone one
else is hateful and cruel. They need us to keep them from fighting
each other. The good old White Man's Burden.

There was never any plan nor intention to leave. That is the bottom
line.
Old April 13th 07, 02:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.autos.driving,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
dgk

On Thu, 12 Apr 2007 10:56:11 -0500,
(Matthew T. Russotto) wrote:

In article ,
dgk wrote:
On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 13:14:56 -0500,

(Matthew T. Russotto) wrote:

Another one believing in the fantasy of Iraq being filled with a bunch
of reasonable groups with reasonable aims who are only engaging in
violence because of the bad old United States.

Most folks around the world want only two things, a place to live and
a job. Islam, for the most part, is a peaceful religion. Extremists
exist in all types of religions and exploit them for their own
agendas. Remove the US occupation and the extremists will be on the
outs.

Fantasy. Utter fantasy. Remove the US occupation and you still have left
every grudge, every grievance, every complaint that one Iraqi group
has against another, not to mention the complaints they have with
Iraq's neighbors (and Iraq's neighbors likely ambitions in Iraq). The
idea that Iraq is filled with reasonable people turned to radicalism
by the US occupation is simply a fairy tale.

Look at Iran. Before we invaded Iraq, the mullahs were clinging to
power and there were large pro-western demonstrations. As soon as we
invaded, the mullahs were firmly back in power.

Before we invaded Iraq, the mullahs in Iran had been in power for many
years, and they still remain so. They were never in any danger of
being ousted.

I repeat Matthew, what was the Iraq invasion all about? Come on, you
know.

And you are wrong about Iran. The mullahs were losing their grip on
power. Our invasion of Iraq ended that, for the short term.
Old April 13th 07, 03:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.autos.driving,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
Bob in CT[_2_]

wrote:

-
[...]

Although I think we're wrong to be in Iraq, even I think there was a plan
to leave one day.

--
Bob in CT
Old April 13th 07, 07:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.autos.driving,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
donquijote1954

Default "Republicans Love Dick"

wrote:

On Apr 9, 9:40 pm, "di" wrote:

[...]

Sorry but couldn't find that one. Only found this... "Jesus Loves
Dick" Sticker, but I guess you can put "Republicans Love Dick" and
still makes sense.