Another "geared" uni!

Old August 26th 08, 03:27 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
willfcc

Default Another "geared" uni!

'craigslist' (http://detroit.craigslist.org/bik/763297922.html)

--
willfcc

Will
Old August 26th 08, 03:28 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
catinabag1

that's one way of doing it i guess.

--
catinabag1

Aqua Teen Hunger Force Rules!

Ducttape wrote:
yeah usually you avoid facial contact with peoples body parts...

patsandy100 wrote:
catinabag scares me

Old August 26th 08, 03:29 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Nicf

holy sh** that's freaky

--
Nicf

'municycle.ca' (http://www.municycle.ca) the Best unicycle store
in canada!!
Old August 26th 08, 03:35 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Unicorn

That looks very cool even thoughit is so heavy! I think that in the next
5 years we are going to see some very interesting geared Unis apear.
Gearing a Uni is a great Physics and or Mechanic projest at the
university level.

Unicorn

--
Unicorn

Keep your eyes on the stars and your feet on the pedals, and you will
accomplish great feats!

'The Unicycling Commune' (http://tinyurl.com/3xkd8d)
Old August 26th 08, 03:38 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unibikeling

[image:
http://images.craigslist.org/0102070...0000f48 .jpg]
holy balls.

actually, i really like that for some reason. The engineering looks
really cool.

--
unibikeling

'sixsixone - Great equipment for all riding!' (http://sixsixone.com/)
'
Come ride with me on August 22nd and 23rd!'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=71517), Please
contact me with the provided information, considering the thread is
locked.
Old August 26th 08, 03:38 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
goldenchickenIV

willfcc wrote:
'craigslist' (http://detroit.craigslist.org/bik/763297922.html)

No. No. No. Definitely no. Never.

--
goldenchickenIV

it's a lot easier to tuck and roll if you don't have a unicycle stuck to
your foot. – john foss
Old August 26th 08, 03:59 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
harper

I wonder how the red pneumatic or hydraulic line is incorporated in this
device. This would be a cool one to see.

Edit: Oh, it looks like a cable guide after all.

--
harper

-Greg Harper

"Natural logs are what you ride on a Mun'e'." - kevinalexandersmith
Old August 26th 08, 04:11 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

It would make a great collectors item!

--
MuniAddict

'UniGeezer.com' (http://unigeezer.com/)
Old August 26th 08, 04:13 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
rob.northcott

Like somebody here (Tom Blackwood?) said recently, "hooray for
contraptions"!

Probably utterly impractical, but that's not the point. If it works,
it's cool in itself (for that matter, if it doesn't work it's still
quite cool)

I assume the second lever is to take up chain tension rather than using
the normal spring-loaded derailleur mech (so it can drive in both
directions), so gear changing would presumably be pretty awkward, and
obviously it's ridiculously heavy, but what a machine

Rob

--
rob.northcott
Old August 26th 08, 05:31 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tomblackwood

That is a wild looking contraption. I have to say, though, that if the
goal is to have multiple gears and a derailuerr type system, I think
Unibiker was onto the right idea with a bicycle conversion. I can't
see riding 40+ miles on something like that thing in the picture.

--
tomblackwood

Tailgate at your own risk...