Who would buy pedals for $500.00

Old September 8th 08, 11:00 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Unisykolist

Default Who would buy pedals for $500.00

www.koxx-one.com Goods Parts Pedals MfTi

Thats how you get too see the pedals and the price range is AUD and
USD.
Why on earth would you pay $500 for a pair of these pedals,
honestly....
Why not just use standard DX pedals or Odyssey?

--
Unisykolist

*Watch me attempt a 2 meter (6-7 foot) drop on a unicycle and stack it,
watch it on - *www.unisykolist.piczo.com
www.unisykolist.piczo.com
www.unisykolist.piczo.com
Old September 8th 08, 12:06 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Lutz

Because they are thousand times lighter than the ones you named. But it
would be realy stupid to buy them at koxx-one because you can get them
for half price at other stores.

--
Lutz

| 'AJATA' (http://www.ajata.de) |

'www.einradshows.de' (http://www.einradshows.de)

Verkaufe 'POINT' (http://www.pointbike.de) und Casco Produkte mit
20-50% Rabatt bei Interesse meldet euch bei mir.
Old September 8th 08, 01:21 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
UnicycleJuggler

Unisykolist wrote:
www.koxx-one.com Goods Parts Pedals MfTi

Thats how you get too see the pedals and the price range is AUD and
USD.
Why on earth would you pay $500 for a pair of these pedals,
honestly....
Why not just use standard DX pedals or Odyssey?

I've just followed your link and the most expensive pedals are the MgTi
at 229Euros, which only comes to about $400 AUS and $325 US. Are you
looking at a different site or something?!

--
UnicycleJuggler

*)--Noob-'O*
'U n
i c
y c
l e
*D O T* c
o m *D
O T* U K'
(http://unicycle.uk.com/Shop/)
_Stack_It_Up (\"http://www.vimeo.com/stackitup\")_
Old September 8th 08, 03:00 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
nimblelight

Pedal-weight makes a really big difference doing spin tricks, for
example.

--
nimblelight

'Front page unicycle article'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=72686).
Old September 8th 08, 03:06 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Smilymarco

They are 80g lighter than the yellow Quax magnesium ones... and
189€ more...

Are 80g worth 189€? I dont think so.

Have a look at Ebay, sometimes there are Wellgo MG1 with Ti spindle,
which are exactly the same. They sell around 80-120$.

--
Smilymarco

'Municycle.com' (http://www.municycle.com)
Lesen - Denken - Posten
Old September 8th 08, 03:13 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
siafirede

Smilymarco wrote:
They are 80g lighter than the yellow Quax magnesium ones... and 189€
more...

Are 80g worth 189€? I dont think so.

Have a look at Ebay, sometimes there are Wellgo MG1 with Ti spindle,
which are exactly the same. They sell around 80-120$.

You can find the MG-1s for 40 dollars or so on ebay, and the mg-1 ti
pedals are usually around $100. The same question stands then...are
80g worth that extra $60 or $70? I would rather have two sets of mg-1s
than one set of mg-1s with a ti spindle.

--
siafirede

'DCuni' (http://www.dcuni.com/blog) - my blog about Unicycling in
Washington DC, Virginia, Maryland
*James* = my name | 'Myspace' (http://www.myspace.com/clawsout)
Old September 8th 08, 05:42 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
uniaddict

'Good deal.' (http://tinyurl.com/6c6f4m) Ebay is your friend. I like
these pedals a lot I might buy some one day. Only question is if you
end up messing up the mag body can you salvage the spindle for other
pedals?

--
uniaddict

Savin $cash$ by commuting
'SixSixOne' (http://sixsixone.com/)
*85 foot coast!*
Old September 8th 08, 06:22 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Loosemoose

If I had to buy any Mg pedals I'd buy DMR v12s with Ti axles. You can
get them for about £95 (Probably around $150 in the US) by buying the
Mg pedals and Ti axles separately, and they've got a proven record in
quality and longevity. Personally, I'd never spend loads of money on a
budget brand just to get flashy sounding materials.

Loose.

--
Loosemoose

Vice President - Southampton University Circus Society

"Come on you target for far away laughter,
come on you stranger, you legend, you martyr, and shine..." - Pink
Floyd
Old September 8th 08, 06:32 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Danni

siafirede wrote:
You can find the MG-1s for 40 dollars or so on ebay, and the mg-1 ti
pedals are usually around $100. The same question stands then...are
80g worth that extra $60 or $70? I would rather have two sets of mg-1s
than one set of mg-1s with a ti spindle.

I got my ti mgs for $90 including shipping. You have to wait, prices
fluctuate on ebay. The weight difference is noticeable. Better response
and smoother pedal rotations. It was worth the extra $ for me. Take care
of them and they will last longer than two pairs of abused MG1s.

--
Danni
Old September 8th 08, 06:34 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
johnfoss

Would I buy these pedals for $500? Nope. Especially not if they're
significantly cheaper somewhere else. But the web site sure is pretty!

Unisykolist wrote:
www.koxx-one.com Goods Parts Pedals MfTi

Don't you just love Flash-based web sites where the designer creates
their own interface? Except when you can't figure it out. It took me a
while to realize the navigation of the Goods section was in that slot
on the left. Not exactly intuitive, but very pretty! Also too bad you
can't link to a specific page, saving us having to learn the
interface...

Smilymarco wrote:
Are 80g worth 189€? I dont think so.

So that's a no for Marco.

siafirede wrote:
are 80g worth that extra $60 or $70?

If it is, you'll know it. I think it has a lot to do with your amount of
disposable income, and how much of a weight/equipment weenie you are. I
recently ordered a unicycle for $2045 and am waiting for it. That's
more than I paid for the first eight cars I owned, including 'this one'
(http://www.unicycling.com/garage/bigwheel.htm), 'this one'
(http://www.unicycling.com/garage/piles.htm#mytoys) and 'this one'
(http://www.unicycling.com/winterbeau...e.htm#94ice5))! I'm still
asking myself if I'm koo-koo.

--
johnfoss

John Foss

Man with broken collar bone say: "Have you checked your shoelaces
lately?"

Animal Pedals Or TrailMix Pedals? stevorama Unicycling 1 July 9th 08 06:12 AM
Pedals Graham FM Mountain Biking 5 June 18th 07 06:27 PM
FA: Ritchey Road Pro Pedals - Onza TI MTB Pedals - Tour de France & Campi Cycling Caps SiberianTradingPost Marketplace 0 July 18th 05 03:47 PM
FS: Look CX-7 pedals Bill Fecht Marketplace 0 June 17th 04 11:26 PM
WTB: Speedplay road pedals or Time Impact Pedals Milsk8 Marketplace 1 April 25th 04 02:33 PM